Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conquest of Sladus 4. 40k Escalation campaign (Full)
mine comes out at 25pl with the start collecting set....which is a plus
For the Angelic Horde!
buuuuuut..its 325pts
For the Angelic Horde!
Fitz - what faction is that? Does the Datasheet have expensive weapon options you're not taking?
40k - Orks / SM / Drukhari / AM
Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith
So with this escalation league being about getting new people in as well as other players padding out and finishing existing collections, how about this as a suggested "house rule"?

To Hit rolls of 1 can be re-rolled against any unpainted models. If there is some ability you have already which allows you to re-roll 1's, you can instead re-roll all failed hits. If a painted unit contains one unpainted model, the unit is classed as unpainted for these purposes. This could be just shooting, or both shooting and melee? What do you all think? Too savage? Doesn't mean you can't bring unpainted stuff, but those models will have a rough day.

Also, if we're going PL might be worth staying strictly WYSIWYG....with PL it's easy to say "oh yeah this squad has all the upgrades..." so what might be sensible to avoid special weapons/powerfists/plasma guns everywhere is to insist on straight up WYSIWYG maybe?
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
It'll motivate me to get the models painted so why not!

Don't mind on WYSIWYG, I reaĺly don't think it's going to affect me except for vehicle wargear.
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement
WYSIWYG is good for me i think.....

and painted wont be an issue either for me, hopefully, im well and truly back into the swing of painting again!
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(25-01-2018, 05:57 PM)Agent0range Wrote: So with this escalation league being about getting new people in as well as other players padding out and finishing existing collections, how about this as a suggested "house rule"?

To Hit rolls of 1 can be re-rolled against any unpainted models. If there is some ability you have already which allows you to re-roll 1's, you can instead re-roll all failed hits. If a painted unit contains one unpainted model, the unit is classed as unpainted for these purposes. This could be just shooting, or both shooting and melee? What do you all think? Too savage? Doesn't mean you can't bring unpainted stuff, but those models will have a rough day.

Also, if we're going PL might be worth staying strictly WYSIWYG....with PL it's easy to say "oh yeah this squad has all the upgrades..." so what might be sensible to avoid special weapons/powerfists/plasma guns everywhere is to insist on straight up WYSIWYG maybe?

Oh. God.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(27-01-2018, 11:46 AM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote:
(25-01-2018, 05:57 PM)Agent0range Wrote: So with this escalation league being about getting new people in as well as other players padding out and finishing existing collections, how about this as a suggested "house rule"?

Oh. God.

You wouldn't have to worry that much with only having 6 models for the first game.

I have 50 to paint..
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement
For me Luke, 6 may as well be 60 lol I'm terrible at painting, takes me months to paint an army lol
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(27-01-2018, 12:28 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: For me Luke, 6 may as well be 60 lol I'm terrible at painting, takes me months to paint an army lol

Get a tin of retributor gold, paint the base, do some of the tassels in red....done Smile Custard creams should be easy to paint quickly.

This is a nice quick scheme...used for Stormcast Eternals mind you but similar technique.
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55