Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conquest of Sladus 4. 40k Escalation campaign (Full)
Sounds OK.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
Dave/Fitz DO you have a planned start date? Maybe the 30th?
40k - Orks / SM / Drukhari / AM
Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith
Sorry I've not been on in a while. Work shifts been a bit up in the air a bit lately.

Hopefully the campaign should start not long after the dropfleet campaign ends.

Quote:1 clarification, if a model kit can represent more than 1 unit (See Kabalite Warriors and Kabalite Trueborn) could i swap between? I realise as i type this its a stupid question (In more understandable terms I'm asking if I buy a Tactical Squad Week 1 then want to run the same models as Sternguard Week 2)

As I mentioned at the start. The lists will be fixed. So if you have a tactical squad at 500pts (for example). You would use the same list at 750 but adding to it. Either by increasing a unit size, or adding a new unit.

Quote:Sounds good, I'm down for either points or power level. PL may make it easier for new players (and I have a sneaking suspicion we will all be using PL one day)

I think I may make it PL. As it removes some headache with equipping units.

Quote:M1: Combat Patrol 500pts (25PL)
M2: Patrol 750 (38PL)
M3: Battalion? Or 2x Vanguard/Spearhead/Outrider? Players choice 1000pts (50PL)
M4: Whatever 1250 (63PL)
M5: 1500 (75PL)
M6: 2000 (100PL) - if this last jump is too high maybe another month at (88PL)

Excellent Idea. And one I may have to use Big Grin
For the Angelic Horde!
Controversially I may actually join in on this.... I've been doing my utmost to stay away from 40k lately but I've been tempted back in by the release of the Adeptus Custodes Codex.... damn you GW.

Can I just clarify, I've not played the current edition of 40k so this could be quite difficult for me haha just so I understand, we're using "power level" (goes to look up how that works) not points? And we're starting at 25 Power Level?

Just trying to work out what the bare minimum models I need to purchase/build/paint is for this haha.

EDIT: Also, do I have to start with a "Start Collecting Box" as there doesn't appear to be one for Custodes...
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(20-01-2018, 01:42 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: Controversially I may actually join in on this.... I've been doing my utmost to stay away from 40k lately but I've been tempted back in by the release of the Adeptus Custodes Codex.... damn you GW.

Can I just clarify, I've not played the current edition of 40k so this could be quite difficult for me haha just so I understand, we're using "power level" (goes to look up how that works) not points? And we're starting at 25 Power Level?

Just trying to work out what the bare minimum models I need to purchase/build/paint is for this haha.

EDIT: Also, do I have to start with a "Start Collecting Box" as there doesn't appear to be one for Custodes...

Talons of the emperor is the start collecting box for custards.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(20-01-2018, 10:38 PM)Simian Wrote: Talons of the emperor is the start collecting box for custards.

Cool thanks Ben, do I have to start with that? It appears to contain a Land Raider and Rhino which I don't especially want right away.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
To be honest there are a handful of armies without a start collecting and Talons isn't really in the vein of the 1 Character, 1 Troop, 1 other unit theme as the others

JJ The power level is the number on the dataslate - it's basically an average of the weapon options and removes some of the faff of selecting army lists - I'll find one in a second and post it

Attached Files Image(s)

Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith
(21-01-2018, 12:31 AM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote:
(20-01-2018, 10:38 PM)Simian Wrote: Talons of the emperor is the start collecting box for custards.

Cool thanks Ben, do I have to start with that? It appears to contain a Land Raider and Rhino which I don't especially want right away.

Definitely not. But it’s decent value as far as gw goes.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(20-01-2018, 11:24 AM)Fitz Wrote: Sorry I've not been on in a while. Work shifts been a bit up in the air a bit lately.

Hopefully the campaign should start not long after the dropfleet campaign ends.

Quote:1 clarification, if a model kit can represent more than 1 unit (See Kabalite Warriors and Kabalite Trueborn) could i swap between? I realise as i type this its a stupid question (In more understandable terms I'm asking if I buy a Tactical Squad Week 1 then want to run the same models as Sternguard Week 2)

As I mentioned at the start. The lists will be fixed. So if you have a tactical squad at 500pts (for example). You would use the same list at 750 but adding to it. Either by increasing a unit size, or adding a new unit.

Quote:Sounds good, I'm down for either points or power level. PL may make it easier for new players (and I have a sneaking suspicion we will all be using PL one day)

I think I may make it PL. As it removes some headache with equipping units.

Quote:M1: Combat Patrol 500pts (25PL)
M2: Patrol 750 (38PL)
M3: Battalion? Or 2x Vanguard/Spearhead/Outrider? Players choice 1000pts (50PL)
M4: Whatever 1250 (63PL)
M5: 1500 (75PL)
M6: 2000 (100PL) - if this last jump is too high maybe another month at (88PL)

Excellent Idea. And one I may have to use Big Grin

If we are going to be using Power Levels as well, could they be a bit higher - For 500 points I am hovering just below 40PL. BUT if you are doing this to force people to bring models they would not normally use then it's OK I guess.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
It might be the list I'm bringing but my 25PL is costing 456pts
Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith