Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salute 2018 - Saturday 14th April
How was the show chaps?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Yeah it was good, spent too much money! Got some destroyers for dropfleet, then mooched around a bit, picked up a magic the gathering starter for Isaac and looked at the Steamforged games stand which I thought was fantastic. They were demoing their new game Godtear that is on kickstarter I think. I was very tempted but am avoiding kickstarter at the mo...they had some lovely models tho.

Picked up a couple of things for Guild Ball but resisted a new Guild as the Falconers are coming out soon and I think I will pick them up. They had some painted in a display cabinet that looked good and I will try and post a piccie of them later.

Looked at the SAGA stuff and they had the new crusdaes book out but I have two factions umnpainted (Romans and Vikings) so I passed. Then the others told me about dropfleet going really cheap so I picked up a half-price Scourge battleship, and a phr Poseidon dropship and some phobos for Dropzone for Isaac - £5 each! couldn't resist a bargain and that took me over my spending limit so made a hasty exit before I coukld spend any more!

Swung by the Royal Observatory with Isaac on the way back and showed him the Houses of Parliament as well Smile
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Talking to a guy from Steamforged games and about the popularity of Guild Ball and he says they have sold out UK tournamnets of over 100 players in a few hours!!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Spent about £12.00 over my budget. 

Bought a UCM and Shaltari pack of the new Dropfleet Destroyers. Bought Saga Rulebook, Age of Vikings book and enough stuff to do a Viking Warband and SAGA Dice.

Picked a load of the heavily discounted Dropfleet, got a PHR Battlecruiser, two Frigate Boxes and Corvettes for £27!
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement
Yeah it was good....managed to resist buying AvP but booked a demo game in with Guy who we bumped into!

Managed to just about stay within my budget! Picked up some DfC UCM Destroyers for £25 plus a pair of the Centurions for £30 plus a discounted Shaltari cruiser box for £12 (40% off RRP).
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
I am getting a little tired of Salute. It's always too busy to actually see anything and prices are generally not that much less than internet retailers, especially when travel costs are factored in. I don't think that I will go next year to be honest.
DZC: UCM
DFC: UCM and PHR
Saga: Gall Gaidheal
Bolt Action: Heer Panzergrens
Warzone: Capitol
Epic: Orks and Marines
Necromunda, Mordheim, BFG, Frostgrave..basically anything that isn't 40K or the abomination that is Age of Sigmar.
I enjoyed it.

Having got into SAGA 2 I went prepared to buy the new Crusades and Arthur (Invaders) books and some additional (76) figures loosely called Vikings, but intention is to have a generic set of figures that will allow me to play several of the warbands in both Age of Vikings and Age of Invasion. Managed to get >10% club discount there so good.

Bought some ruined mdf buildings good for any period at a knock-off price.

And - so impressed with Gaz's straight LOS laser - I grabbed one of those too.

I had a Golden Ticket for the 'roll-off' at Wargames Illustrated to win a shed load of random stuff, but could only manage a double four when I needed a double six to get through!

Had some interesting chats with folk peddling new games and kick-starters.

If I had one 'moan' it was that it was quite dimly lit...
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Yeah the drowned earth skirmish game looked quite interesting, had a chat with guy on the stand. Apparently it was on kickstarter last year and they were trying to increase interest in the game.
(18-04-2018, 03:27 PM)Agincourt Wrote: If I had one 'moan' it was that it was quite dimly lit...

I think the nature of the building means you will always find that, unless retailers take their own lighting along. The move to the NEC for UKGE has had the same effect, although to be honest your looking at boxed games rather than intricate sculpts.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen