Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Command card stacking (dropFleet)
It seems that this rule is still causng confusion not least to myself thanks to the faq. As i understand it a ship can only be targeted by a command card once per turn. The FAQ (1.1) establishes that this means a ship can only be targeted by a card that effects groups OR ships once but can be effected by fleetwide and battle group cards as many times as you want. however in the example in the faq it states that you also cant stack battle group and fleet command cards. It doesnt help that the answer and the example are on different pages...

what do people think the actual rule is. can you stack battlegroup and fleet wide cards, should we ignore the example?

relevent bit of FAQ

Quote:Q: How do command cards work in terms of targeting ships more than once in a turn?
A: A ship can only be specifically targeted once per turn. This means a ship may only be
the target of one card that affect ‘target friendly ship’ or ‘target friendly group’ and one
card that targets ‘target enemy ship’ or ‘target enemy group’.
Ships may be affected by battlegroup, fleet wide or ‘area’ affects several times per turn
as they are not specifically targeted at that ship or group, meaning they can stack with
specifically targeted cards on individual ships or groups.
More specifically:
Command cards may not be stacked ship on ship, group on group, or any combination of
these. They may also not be stacked or battlegroup on battlegroup, but may otherwise be
stacked. For Example:

If you play a command card targeting a ship, you may not play another command card that
targets that ship this turn. Further, you may not play any command cards that target this
ship’s group for the remainder of the turn.
If you play a command card on a group, you may not play another command card that
targets that group this turn. Further, you may not play any command cards that targets a
specific ship in that group this turn.
If you play a command card on a battlegroup, you may not play another command card
that targets that battlegroup this turn. However, you may play command cards that target
specific ships or groups in that battlegroup (applying the above restrictions about stacking
command cards on ships and groups).
If you play a command card that targets the entire fleet, you may not play another
command card that targets the entire fleet this turn. However, you may play command
cards that target specific ships, groups, or battlegroups in the fleet (applying the above
restrictions about stacking command cards on ships, groups and battlegroups as above).
Note that the opponent may do the same, meaning you can play your cards targeting
ships, groups, battlegroups or your whole fleet as described above, and the opponent may
also play a card that target the same – I.E playing a ‘positive’ (as it were) card on a ship
does not stop the opponent using one of their cards on that ship
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."