Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nico "Redfish" a French lost in UK - LOTR inside
Hi everyone,

After living near Paris for 26 years, I decided to change my location for England and finally found a job to settle in Gloucester (between Bristol and Birmingham).

As a player, I have a significant experience in LOTR/The Hobbit sbg as I am used to play many tournaments in France and I also was part of the French teams for the first Middle Earth ETC which took place in Hamburg (and finished 5th !).

I also played 40k for a quite long period of time but stopped like 6 years ago and didn't even bring my armies (Chaos and SW) with me. Maybe I could come back if I find the new rules interesting, we'll see.

And finally, I almost have a BB team of dark elves, but they also stayed in France and are not even mounted and fully painted. If I find some players that could be my source of motivation for that team or another one.

I am here mostly to get in touch with Uk players living next to my house so I will be able to play sometimes and hopefully go to some Uk tournaments (LOTR especially). That would be a really great and funny experience !

I surely will come to one of the next tuesday meeting if someone is keen to play some LOTR, please get in touch !

See you soon ladies and gents !
Nicolas.

Edit : ANd I forgot to mention that I played SAGA a few years ago and really liked it so really keen to come back in this game (even if all my stuffs are once more... in France..).
Hi Nicholas

Welcome! There are plenty of LotR/Hobbit, 40k, Blood Bowl and SAGA players here!

You mentioned you are in Gloucester, have you tried any of the gaming clubs in Cheltenham?
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Hi Nicholas and welcome!

Quite a few of us play Lotr, and there is a bit of SAGA going on as well as a local SAGA tournament just north of Evesham in Feb that some of us always go to.

Chris
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Hi Nico, and welcome!

As JJ said, we have plenty of players for all those systems. It would be great to have you along, but it might also be worth you checking out some clubs closer to you such as the Gloucester Games Bunker. I think there are a couple of clubs in Cheltenham, Pork Chop Gaming and The Warchiefs, but the latter has a bias toward historical games I believe.

It would be great if you are able to pop up here one Tuesday - look forward to hopefully meeting you!
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Welcome Nico.

I think Stuart may mean the former (Pork Chop,) as I am most certain Warchiefs do play a lot of non historical games.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(29-09-2017, 02:57 PM)Gareth Wrote: I think Stuart may mean the former (Pork Chop,) as I am most certain Warchiefs do play a lot of non historical games.

Pork Chop definitely don't have a historical bias (that's Robey's main club I think) but it looks like the Warchiefs don't either. No idea where I got that idea from.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Yeah Pork Chop is based out of Incom Gaming based in the 2 Pigs pub in Cheltenham. As far as I know, both clubs have a broad mix of games including everything from SAGA and Bolt Action to Dropfleet.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Bonjour, nous avons beaucoup de players de lotr et Saga...

Welcome.

Agincourt!!!!!! The Undecided
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill