Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tony's Hobby Log
This is my attempt to make me finish more of the things I start to do. Anything I finish during a month will go on The Shelf. Hopefully the when it is empty it will inspire me to get on and finish one of the multitude of things I have started.
A little late, but this is July.

[Image: DSCN1650.jpg]

So mostly Bolt Action vehicles:
[Image: DSCN1649.jpg]
[Image: DSCN1647.jpg]

The Russian trucks are Unimodel and they are a slightly bigger scale (1/48) than the other two. They were a nightmare to put together and are incredibly fragile, hence the bases to stop them falling to pieces.

With some levy archers for my Anglo Danish, which is now up to 2 pts! (Along with the bridge which doesn't count really).
[Image: DSCN1648.jpg]

August looks a little sparse, so I had better get a move on.

Could someone let me know how to reduce the pictures to a suitable size? I am feeling pretty inept.
LotR SBG - Isengard, Gondor, Dwarves; Bolt Action US Airborne, German Heer; SAGA - Anglo Danish; Dropfleet Commander - UCM, PHR
I really like the trucks and armour. Looks like a good months work compared to my feeble efforts.
To reduce picture size, use any photo editor s/w, or drawing s/w, I think I have used the basic free application Microsoft 'Paint' too. Just paste the picture in there and find the 'resize' tool and I make mine about 6cm x whatever I think. Save as PDF and that's it.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(23-08-2017, 09:49 AM)Agincourt Wrote: I really like the trucks and armour. Looks like a good months work compared to my feeble efforts.
To reduce picture size, use any photo editor s/w, or drawing s/w, I think I have used the basic free application Microsoft 'Paint' too. Just paste the picture in there and find the 'resize' tool and I make mine about 6cm x whatever I think. Save as PDF and that's it.

I use Paint to resize mine. Normally I open Paint, open the photo as a jpeg, resize by a percentage (normally 125%) and then resave as a JPEG.

I really like the Bridge - and I tell myself that terrain does count as hobby progress
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement
Hi Tony,

I like the empty shelf idea as motivation!

I upload my images to here https://imgbb.com/ It gives you the embed code for the forum in various thumbnail sizes. No image editing required.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(23-08-2017, 10:13 AM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: Hi Tony,

I like the empty shelf idea as motivation!

I upload my images to here https://imgbb.com/ It gives you the embed code for the forum in various thumbnail sizes. No image editing required.

Nice!
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Thanks for the comments and advice. I have gone with JJ's method for the images. I think that is sorted now.
LotR SBG - Isengard, Gondor, Dwarves; Bolt Action US Airborne, German Heer; SAGA - Anglo Danish; Dropfleet Commander - UCM, PHR
I like the bridge - looks the model that Warlord games had on sale a few weeks ago. Alas they sold out Sad
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(27-08-2017, 10:45 PM)Stuart Wrote: I like the bridge - looks the model that Warlord games had on sale a few weeks ago. Alas they sold out Sad
That's the one. Useable for lots of different games, though it needed quite a bit of grit glued on to stop my warg riders from sliding down it. It doesn't look steep enough to be a problem but...
I reckon the bridge is a good match for the LotR Ruins of Osgiliath scenery kits - I'll certainly pick up a couple when they're back on sale.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
OK So August has less volume as there are no vehicles or bits of scenery. Lets see if I can remember how to do the images.

[Image: DSCN1719.jpg]

Lord of the Rings Berserkers along with Grima. Something of a contrast in courage.

[Image: DSCN1720.jpg]

Frostgrave. Still not played this game but live in hope. 2 Wizards with their apprentices, alongside 4 henchmen.

[Image: DSCN1721.jpg]

I think I need to get better at taking the photos in the first place!