Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice for an enthusiastic beginner please
Hi there Adam, welcome to RedWarSoc, good to have another player starting Dropfleet Commander!
Dropfleet Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 1500pts PHR

Dropzone Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 600pts UCM
PM me anytime to arrange DzC tutorials if you are interested in the game.

Magic the Gathering

UK Dropfleet Champion, Summer Invasion 2017
Warboar Dropfleet Winner, 12.11.17
2nd at Fleet Muster 2, Firestorm Games 10.12.17
Battle for Tlalacon Winner, Beach-Head 2018
(23-06-2017, 10:22 PM)scoundrel13 Wrote: Hi there Adam, welcome to RedWarSoc, good to have another player starting Dropfleet Commander!

Thanks Scoundrel - I've just cut the first frigates off their sprues so it might be a while before I get over to you guys. Hope you don't all move onto something else in the meantime :-)
Hi All, so I have my tiny 2x1mm magnets and I've just cut all the frigates off their sprues (and removed the mold lines of course!) and I'm left wondering just how far I should go with magnetisation (which I've never tried before)? It seems to make definite sense for the cruisers so I can easily tailor my fleet but interested in your thoughts on my eight frigates. It feels like the side weapon panels and engine/antenna array sections push on and pull off quite snugly without magnets. Any advice?
(27-06-2017, 09:33 PM)Adam Duckett Wrote: Hi All, so I have my tiny 2x1mm magnets and I've just cut all the frigates off their sprues (and removed the mold lines of course!) and I'm left wondering just how far I should go with magnetisation (which I've never tried before)? It seems to make definite sense for the cruisers so I can easily tailor my fleet but interested in your thoughts on my eight frigates. It feels like the side weapon panels and engine/antenna array sections push on and pull off quite snugly without magnets. Any advice?

Yeah I wouldn't bother magnetising any frigates. It works well for the cruisers though, and they tend to be on the battlefield a lot longer!
Dropfleet Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 1500pts PHR

Dropzone Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 600pts UCM
PM me anytime to arrange DzC tutorials if you are interested in the game.

Magic the Gathering

UK Dropfleet Champion, Summer Invasion 2017
Warboar Dropfleet Winner, 12.11.17
2nd at Fleet Muster 2, Firestorm Games 10.12.17
Battle for Tlalacon Winner, Beach-Head 2018