Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tournament Lists
What lists are people thinking of taking? I've realised I have no more practice games before list submission on the 29th and my only practice game with a finalised list will be against jj on tuesday...

After my utter trouncing by Will this week (20 - 0 loss according to tournament points) I have had to have a rethink and this is what i am thinking of taking:

Flag [SR18]
Diamond =290
+ lvl 2 admiral (free upgrade to lvl4) = 20
3 Voidgates = 45

Line [SR9]
Emerald = 100
2 Voidgates = 30
2 Voidgates = 30

Line [SR9]
Emerald = 100
2 Voidgates = 30
2 Voidgates = 30

Line [SR 10]
Amber = 110
Amber = 110

Pathfinder [SR8]
5 Glass = 90
2 Topaz = 74
Opal = 40

Pathfinder [SR4]
4 Topaz = 148

Alternatively I drop the last pathfinder group and swap the 2 topaz in the other for an amethyst, and take a Jet heavy cruiser.

Anyone got any thoughts? Basically a Jet and an amethyst or 6 topaz? Also do I have enough voidgates and emeralds? Loads of ppl seem to run 3 emeralds and between 12-15 voidgates at this pts lvl.

I have an active scan group (frigates in the glass group), a small group of 4 topaz to try and counter something like Will's 5 europa, and two gunboat groups (Ambers and Diamond).
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
jaqenhgar Wrote: Alternatively I drop the last pathfinder group and swap the 2 topaz in the other for an amethyst, and take a Jet heavy cruiser.

Anyone got any thoughts? Basically a Jet and an amethyst or 6 topaz? Also do I have enough voidgates and emeralds? Loads of ppl seem to run 3 emeralds and between 12-15 voidgates at this pts lvl.

I have an active scan group (frigates in the glass group), a small group of 4 topaz to try and counter something like Will's 5 europa, and two gunboat groups (Ambers and Diamond).

I dont know a lot about shaltari cruisers so cant help to much there, I think you've got a good amount of drop though, there are only so many clusters after all and if you go too drop heavy you'll lose the space game.

only real thoughts I have on your list would be to maybe put the opal with the cruiser group so it can protect them and active scan although the crusiers cant go weapons free when scanning and maybe move the voidgates out of the diamond's battlegroup so its sr is a low as possible, otherwise other battleships are going to out activate it, although I dont know where you would put the void gates.

this is my list, only change ive made since the game against chris is to drop an echo and to use those points to add a second calypso. this gives me a low sr group that can go after close action frigate kill squads as well as strike carriers. my only concern is that 4 echos might not have enough firepower...
Quote:--------------------------------------
comp, Troy - 1249pts
PHR - 4 launch assets

SR10 Vanguard battlegroup (195pts)
1 x Leonidas - 195pts - H
   + Vice Director (40pts, 3AV) (goes to av4 with free level)

SR8 Line battlegroup (250pts)
1 x Ganymede - 135pts - M
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
1 x Calypso - 37pts - L

SR8 Line battlegroup (245pts)
1 x Orpheus - 130pts - M
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
1 x Calypso - 37pts - L

SR7 Line battlegroup (199pts)
1 x Ikarus - 115pts - M
2 x Andromeda - 84pts - L

SR5 Pathfinder battlegroup (200pts)
3 x Europa - 120pts - L
2 x Europa - 80pts - L

SR4 Pathfinder battlegroup (120pts)
3 x Echo - 90pts - L
1 x Echo - 30pts - L
------------- dflist.com -------------
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

Thanks Will, think your list is solid and I like the second calypso to protect a troopship.

I could reorganise my list like this:

A) Flag [SR 15]
(S) Diamond Battleship = 290
+ lvl 2 admiral (free upgrade to lvl 4) = 20

B) Line [SR 8]
(M) Emerald Mothership = 100
(L) Opal Frigate = 40
(L) 2 Topaz Frigates = 74

C) Line [SR 12]
(M) Emerald Mothership = 100
(L) 5 Glass Corvettes = 90
(L) 2 Voidgates = 30

D) Line [SR 10]
(M) Amber Cruiser = 110
(M) Amber Cruiser = 110

E) Pathfinder [SR 9]
(L) 3 Voidgates = 45
(L) 3 Voidgates = 45
(L) 3 Voidgates = 45

F) Pathfinder [SR 4]
(L) 4 Topaz Frigates = 148

Total = 1247pts

So that the battleship is on it's own and means that on column approach all my voidgates can turn up turn 1 with the corvettes and a mothership. I want to keep the opal in the group with the 2 topaz so that active scanning I can get two active scans from a single batlegroup (or even 3 if I scan with the mothership...!!)
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
--------------------------------------
Tournament List 2 - 1245pts
UCM - 6 launch assets

SR15 Vanguard battlegroup (337pts)
1 x Atlantis - 205pts - H
   + UCM Commodore (40pts, 3AV)
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M

SR11 Vanguard battlegroup (232pts)
1 x Avalon - 195pts - H
1 x Lima - 37pts - L

SR10 Line battlegroup (176pts)
2 x New Cairo - 176pts - M

SR13 Line battlegroup (224pts)
1 x Madrid - 79pts - M
1 x Madrid - 79pts - M
3 x Santiago - 66pts - L

SR4 Pathfinder battlegroup (128pts)
2 x New Orleans - 64pts - L

SR4 Pathfinder battlegroup (128pts)

My idea so far.
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement
Quite like it, I guess make sure you send the madrid's over to a cluster you are going to nuke and otherwise ignore so you can focus your ground assets on fewer clusters and not spread them too thinly. I like the idea of the new cairo. send them towards a target you want eliminated asap.

Only thing is you have no Taipei, and they seem really good, and no San Francisco's, but maybe it won't matter if you burn all your opponents bulk landers out of the sky!
(26-05-2017, 07:27 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Quite like it, I guess make sure you send the madrid's over to a cluster you are going to nuke and otherwise ignore so you can focus your ground assets on fewer clusters and not spread them too thinly. I like the idea of the new cairo. send them towards a target you want eliminated asap.

Only thing is you have no Taipei, and they seem really good, and no San Francisco's, but maybe it won't matter if you burn all your opponents bulk landers out of the sky!

Basically the tactic I planned - 1 Madrid gets too easily taken out. I could fit 3 Taipei in if I ditched the Seattle, but they're in a group together to make the most of command cards.

I didn't include a San Francisco for the same reason - 1 is too easy a target.
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement
1250 Shaltari - 1250pts
Shaltari - 0 launch assets

SR16 Flag battlegroup (330pts)
1 x Diamond - 290pts - S
+ LV 2 (20pts,Upgraded to LV 4)
1 x Opal - 40pts - L

SR12 Line battlegroup (217pts)
1 x Emerald - 100pts - M
4 x Glass - 72pts - L
3 x Voidgate - 45pts - L

SR8 Line battlegroup (145pts)
3 x Voidgate - 45pts - L
1 x Emerald - 100pts - M

SR12 Line battlegroup (304pts)
2 x Turquoise - 230pts - M
2 x Topaz - 74pts - L

SR4 Pathfinder battlegroup (104pts)
2 x Voidgate - 30pts - L
2 x Topaz - 74pts - L

SR7 Pathfinder battlegroup (130pts)
1 x Emerald - 100pts - M
2 x Voidgate - 30pts - L

So I'm not really counting on winning the space, with a lot of drop capacity and bombardment I'm hoping to swamp the easy sectors early on and bomb out the enemy troops from mid game onwards.
Looks good Ian, we seem to have arrived at similar lists - a bit of convergent evolution!
I see you've gone for a 3rd Emerald, and turquoise instead of Amber.

I really like the turquoise, they are great, but I find that I always want to use it to shoot ships rather than troops on the ground which sort of defeats the point of them so I've deliberately gone for more long range shooting - probably how i play them is the problem.

I might have to have a think about whether to fit a 3rd emerald in though....
all look good to me.
I'll just say having had a better look at the tournament pack their are a few station only and station heavy missions so possibly those bombardment ships are going to be a bit useless in those missions, and those of us who can should take a troop ship or two for those missions.

I'm not a fan of the turquoise unlike other shaltari ships its got to get in close to work, which makes its low hit point total work against it even with the low signature the have.

sent my list in yesterday, got a confirmation pretty quick after that its all present correct and legal Big Grin I did forget to mention we are all in a club and would prefer to play non club members Sad
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

I started with this list but I need to find space for an Admiral now too...

UCM 1250 UKGE Practice 18/04/17 - 1241pts
UCM - 9 launch assets

SR10 Vanguard battlegroup (205pts)
1 x Atlantis - 205pts - H

SR7 Line battlegroup (175pts)
1 x San Francisco - 111pts - M

SR10 Line battlegroup (264pts)
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M

SR12 Line battlegroup (327pts)