Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kickstarter Tombstone
Wild West Kickstarter from Black Scorpion due to go live later today:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/696...n=c133e80e
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(05-04-2017, 03:06 PM)Stuart Wrote: Wild West Kickstarter from Black Scorpion due to go live later today:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/696...n=c133e80e

Is it wrong to want this to enhance a Firefly RPG campaign Smile
There are some lovely figures in there.
Paul - this is the Kickstarter I mentioned on Saturday.
(26-04-2017, 09:02 AM)Stuart Wrote: Paul - this is the Kickstarter I mentioned on Saturday.

Yes I saw this, like the idea of gangs, as you said a bit like Cutlass...?
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
I think it has the same mechanics as Cutlass
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Yeah, similar I think...

Quote:The game works on an action point system (for those that played our Pirate game Cutlass! you will be familiar, but we have made many changes and improvements) There are no strict player turns as such. Each player has an equal number of points, how and when they are used forms a large part of the strategy of the game. They can also be used to ‘react’ and try and interfere with your opponent's actions.

Typical actions include; movement, shooting, re-loading, standing ready and special actions which are often specific to the scenario you are playing. Shooting forms a large part of the game as you can imagine! Many guns can ‘hip-shoot’ (fire more than one shot) and models can even fire more than one gun at a time! All this comes at the risk of using too many action points with less accuracy and also running out of ammo.. re-loading also takes action points and those are precious, being out of points while your opponent has lots will leave you open to the slaughter!

Once all actions are used there’s a special ‘recovery phase’ after which a new action total is rolled and play starts again. The winner of the game is determined by the specific encounter you are playing and the objectives within it. There are eight different encounters in the book but we encourage you to come up with your own scenarios and ideas.

Models use a specific dice as their stats in Tombstone and these can increase or decrease. These dice are then rolled against the opponents using the relevant chart in the game to determine the outcome of any action. For example one model might have a D4 as his shooting stat and another a D12, this means each player would roll that dice when resolving the action. Obviously this gives the player with the D12 a significant advantage but also allows for luck to play a part and the underdog to come out on top now and again. Various skills and weapons can also help and effect these rolls by giving you either bonus dice (roll extra and pick highest) or stat increase for that roll (e.g a player with D6 would roll a D8). The difficulty of what you’re doing also effects them, e.g firing lots of shots from a pistol at a target far away will reduce your dice roll in a significant way, where as a single shot from a rifle will have a higher chance of hitting. Again this forms part of the strategy of the game, the balance between less shots but more accuracy and wildly firing all your ammo and hoping for the best!

The campaign system is really the heart of Tombstone. Depending on the specific scenario and how your posse and gang members performed they can improve post game. This may involve a stat increase or new skill. Equally you can earn money to buy new weapons/equipment and recruits, in this way your gang grows and becomes more powerful making each new encounter more dramatic. On the flip side your gang members can also sustain injuries or die! Models may sustain permanent injuries resulting in stat decreases. There are also rules for models being captured and even quickdraw draw rules for one on one gunfights.
So...
Who is up for a Tombstone gang. We could group together with a pledge? If there was six of us we could play a league?

Thoughts?

I am happy to buy one gang, maybe two!?
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
This has been appearing on my Facebook adverts for ages. I've been really tempted to pledge and get a gang or two. Might just go for it if others are. Only thing that's put me off its its 32mm so I won't have any matching scenery!
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

Must admit I'm tempted...
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari