Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Games Expo 2017
2nd - 4th June

Apparently Games Workshop will have a presence there this year: http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/morenews.php?id=242

Will probably take the family along on the Friday, as it's rather conveniently during half-term.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Yeah GW can turn up at an event and fail to shift the exact same stock everyone else already has but are trying at a discounted price. I like that they are engaging with the public more, but I can't really see what they expect to get out of it.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
It'll be interesting to see what sort of presence they have - 150sqm is fairly sizeable, so it may extend beyond retail space and include more marketing oriented activities like demos. Still, nice to see them in attendance. Wonder if we'll see them at Salute next Smile
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I can't remember but they might have been at Salute last year. I know they were definitely at GenCon in 2012, with a stall about as big as the upstairs at the hall.

Checked the listing at it would appear they wasn't. Still it does seem to stick in my head as they having been there before.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Forge world has a stand at Salute last year.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
I'll be going SAT or SUN, haven't decided yet (possibly Sunday as it will be less busy?) if anyone wants a lift, shout out.

Will be parking where I work and walking the 2 minutes it takes to get to the NEC, and save that £12 parking charge Smile
(26-02-2017, 02:54 PM)AlanE Wrote: I'll be going SAT or SUN, haven't decided yet (possibly Sunday as it will be less busy?) if anyone wants a lift, shout out.

Will be parking where I work and walking the 2 minutes it takes to get to the NEC, and save that £12 parking charge Smile

im curious where you work now, as i work about 5 minutes away from the NEC and park there for it too!

I'll definitely be going on probably the sunday.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(27-02-2017, 09:46 AM)Simian Wrote:
(26-02-2017, 02:54 PM)AlanE Wrote: I'll be going SAT or SUN, haven't decided yet (possibly Sunday as it will be less busy?) if anyone wants a lift, shout out.

im curious where you work now, as i work about 5 minutes away from the NEC and park there for it too!

So.... where do you work Smile ?
(04-03-2017, 08:18 AM)AlanE Wrote:
(27-02-2017, 09:46 AM)Simian Wrote:

So.... where do you work Smile ?

in International Square on Starley way. Company called FICO
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(06-03-2017, 08:34 AM)Simian Wrote:
(04-03-2017, 08:18 AM)AlanE Wrote: So.... where do you work Smile ?
in International Square on Starley way. Company called FICO

Ahh, im here :-
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Tarmac

Frequently go for a walk around the NEC or Resort World for lunch, we may bump into each other one day.