Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weathertop

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/The-R...Weathertop

#want
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
That's awesome. Bit out of my hobby budget though Sad
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

(17-02-2017, 12:00 PM)will Wrote: That's awesome. Bit out of my hobby budget though Sad

Mine too Sad
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Designer’s note
The Weathertop scenery piece
has been faithfully designed
using original film set plans, and
as such you’ll need to bear in
mind that while the pillars are
just the right size for a Nazgûl
to pass between, things are a
little snug with a Citadel base
attached! In your games, assume
that models can pass between
the pillars around the edge as
long as the gap would actually
fit the creature or character
in question (so bigger Trolls
probably can’t get through).

So, "...as such you will need to bear in mind..." that basically it is not fit for purpose and a design fail for wargaming. From a gaming perspective you need terrain that 'works' i.e. steps that are wide enough for figure bases to stand on, archways and gaps wide enough to stand in / move through (or by design not be able to) - battlement tops that you can stand a figure on, whether it is difficult terrain or not (make it figure friendly). Why would you want that staircase between two high walls that you would need gynecological instruments to move any figures in!?

The actual playing area is small and not very accessible for gameplay.

I am sure Stu could make something that looks at least as good. And ensure it 'worked'...
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill