Poll: Which faction will you play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
UCM
33.33%
3 33.33%
Scourge
22.22%
2 22.22%
PHR
22.22%
2 22.22%
Shaltari
22.22%
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dropfleet Map Campaign- Shangri-La Invasion info and sign up
(04-12-2016, 12:39 PM)hectorkmackenzie Wrote: I won't be able to take part (aside from 1 off games) as I am supposedly going to Africa in February for 6 months.

Whenever you're around Hector, you can fight to add to the gains of Will or Dave's PHR. I'll make sure that mechanic is possible.
Dropfleet Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 1500pts PHR

Dropzone Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 600pts UCM
PM me anytime to arrange DzC tutorials if you are interested in the game.

Magic the Gathering

UK Dropfleet Champion, Summer Invasion 2017
Warboar Dropfleet Winner, 12.11.17
2nd at Fleet Muster 2, Firestorm Games 10.12.17
Battle for Tlalacon Winner, Beach-Head 2018
So I figure this is about the best rounded list I can do:

Starter - 991pts
UCM - 0 launch assets

SR16 Flag battlegroup (252pts)
1 x Tokyo - 220pts - S
1 x Jakarta - 32pts - L

SR12 Line battlegroup (250pts)
2 x New Cairo - 176pts - M
2 x Lima - 74pts - L

2 x Lima - 74pts - L

SR5 Line battlegroup (111pts)
1 x San Francisco - 111pts - M

SR2 Pathfinder battlegroup (64pts)
2 x New Orleans - 64pts - L

Though probably swap out the Tokyo for a pair of other ships since I won't have one Smile
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts
(19-01-2017, 11:31 AM)aprilmanha Wrote: So I figure this is about the best rounded list I can do:

Starter - 991pts
UCM - 0 launch assets

1 x Tokyo - 220pts - S
1 x Jakarta - 32pts - L

2 x Lima - 74pts - L

2 x Lima - 74pts - L

Though probably swap out the Tokyo for a pair of other ships since I won't have one Smile

It's definitely the right amount of troop ships and strike carriers for 1000pts. I would still change one of the 2 New Cairo/ 2 Lima groups for a Seattle and a Berlin, as you'll need some launch assets, even just for defence against bombers. They'll also give you extra staying power with 3+ armour instead of 4+.
Dropfleet Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 1500pts PHR

Dropzone Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 600pts UCM
PM me anytime to arrange DzC tutorials if you are interested in the game.

Magic the Gathering

UK Dropfleet Champion, Summer Invasion 2017
Warboar Dropfleet Winner, 12.11.17
2nd at Fleet Muster 2, Firestorm Games 10.12.17
Battle for Tlalacon Winner, Beach-Head 2018
(22-01-2017, 10:19 AM)scoundrel13 Wrote:
(19-01-2017, 11:31 AM)aprilmanha Wrote: So I figure this is about the best rounded list I can do:

Starter - 991pts
UCM - 0 launch assets

1 x Tokyo - 220pts - S
1 x Jakarta - 32pts - L

2 x Lima - 74pts - L

2 x Lima - 74pts - L

It's definitely the right amount of troop ships and strike carriers for 1000pts. I would still change one of the 2 New Cairo/ 2 Lima groups for a Seattle and a Berlin, as you'll need some launch assets, even just for defence against bombers. They'll also give you extra staying power with 3+ armour instead of 4+.

I second this, definitely need some 3+ armour and a Seattle.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
I dunno, ifigure I needed the 4 so that I can at least be sure one was going to get the hits through. 2 just seem like they will have a high chance to do nothing, with 4 they should at least be able to down a couple of ships per game
(23-01-2017, 06:52 AM)aprilmanha Wrote: I dunno, ifigure I needed the 4 so that I can at least be sure one was going to get the hits through. 2 just seem like they will have a high chance to do nothing, with 4 they should at least be able to down a couple of ships per game

If it helps Charlotte my list is likely to be a variation of the below. So a Seattle isn't really required, unless Matt pulls a switcheroo on the day, lol.
If I were you I would take a Moscow or similar rail gun based cruiser squadron to replace your Tokyo so you've got some less "pointy" (front narrow) ships to go with your new Cairo groups.
I would also think about having less than six battle groups and grouping some of your drop assets, so if it's column or similar deployment you can bring lots of drop early in one activation. Putting the troop ship with some strike carriers frees up a linegroup or pathfinder group (depending on how you group them) for some railgun cruisers or some fighting frigates. Although now I think about it, it might be a risk with my low SR frigate kill squadrons flying around.
Just my thoughts, hope it helps Smile

Quote:--------------------------------------
Campaign list 2 - 989pts
PHR - 0 launch assets

SR5 Line battlegroup (107pts)
1 x Orion - 107pts - M

SR8 Line battlegroup (252pts)
1 x Ganymede - 135pts - M
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
1 x Medea - 39pts - L

SR10 Line battlegroup (230pts)
1 x Ajax - 100pts - M
1 x Orpheus - 130pts - M

SR5 Pathfinder battlegroup (200pts)
3 x Europa - 120pts - L
2 x Europa - 80pts - L

SR4 Pathfinder battlegroup (200pts)
4 x Pandora - 200pts - L
------------- dflist.com -------------
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

(24-01-2017, 03:25 PM)will Wrote: If it helps Charlotte my list is likely to be a variation of the below. So a Seattle isn't really required, unless Matt pulls a switcheroo on the day, lol.
If I were you I would take a Moscow or similar rail gun based cruiser squadron to replace your Tokyo so you've got some less "pointy" (front narrow) ships to go with your new Cairo groups.

I don't really trust the Moscow, its guns are pretty mediocre on their own and activating a worthwhile Weapons free to get the most out of it has a pretty low chance given the ships requirement to be lined up with the target the turn before, and then to win the Strategy draw so that the target does not just move out of the way and avoid half the guns. Maybe if it came with double the Close Action i would reconsider it, but its too big and slow to do what it needs to do, unless the opponent walks straight into it.
Also I feel it is a lost cause trying to compete with PHR on Launch power Tongue
Unless I go heavy on Launch fighters, the PHR bombers will just kill a ship a turn, instead of destroying a ship twice over Tongue

5 Bombers a turn is just a dead ship a turn Big Grin

Better to try and light up the Launch ships and burn them out before they can launch Smile
Stay out of their initial launch radius so that they take effect next turn and use course change to try to shake them off. Smile
(24-01-2017, 05:37 PM)ians Wrote: Stay out of their initial launch radius so that they take effect next turn and use course change to try to shake them off. Smile

Heh my luck would never allow that to work Big Grin My only way to shake them is to catch them in my distortion bubble Tongue