Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 10th January 2017
(10-01-2017, 01:16 PM)aprilmanha Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 01:11 PM)Stuart Wrote: Phil has flu so we've postponed our game until the 31st.

Do you want to come and join us for a friendly XWing torny Stu?

I may cry off tonight Charlotte - still struggling a bit with a chest infection that the flu left behind as a parting gift.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Sorry, I won't be able to attend tonight, I think I've eaten something that's not agreed with me and I feel not great and weak. Sorry again all. Sad
(10-01-2017, 01:32 PM)David12th Wrote: Sorry, I won't be able to attend tonight, I think I've eaten something that's not agreed with me and I feel not great and weak. Sorry again all. Sad

Thanks for letting us know David, I've dropped the other Dave a message to let him know.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(10-01-2017, 01:37 PM)Stuart Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 01:32 PM)David12th Wrote: Sorry, I won't be able to attend tonight, I think I've eaten something that's not agreed with me and I feel not great and weak. Sorry again all. Sad

Thanks for letting us know David, I've dropped the other Dave a message to let him know.

I've messaged him also to let him know.
Me and Mick are going to try and get a gamelia of SLA Cannibal Sector 1 seeing as a tourneys coming up for it soon
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

Luke. That was great. Thanks for being patient and showing me the subtleties of rucking! I think I get how to use woodies now. I think. Offensively they are no bother but I think you were right when you said just pick on one tackle and make that work. You are right, they are a tough team to play with.

Love your Orks having loads of fans they certainly had something to cheer about. Lots of punching. My mistake was trying to go toe to toe. Evade! Tricksy elves!

Thanks for the lesson!
Thanks for the brilliant game today steve
After going up 2-0 you pulled the luckies play i have seen in your last turn of the first half to bring it to 2-1 at half time. With you receiving at the start of the second, a comeback looked inevitable but rolling a blitz on the kick off table i got close to the ball, after your ogre failed you and rolled a both down it allowed me to score in my first real turn of the half to make it 3-1 but it was a well fought game (literally) and with a linerat missing next game thanks to one of your players.
Highlight was probably when you pulled off the impossible TD.
Anyway thanks again for the brilliant game and good luck in the rest of the league Smile
Armies:
warhammer40K: chaos space marines and Orks
warhammer fantasy: high Elves
Flames Of War: late war Russian Guards battalion
Blood Bowl: Humans- "Albion Nugget Smashers", Orcs-"BIGG'S dragon slayas", Skaven-"New Albion Rats"

(11-01-2017, 12:12 AM)Brightblade Wrote: Luke. That was great. Thanks for being patient and showing me the subtleties of rucking! I think I get how to use woodies now. I think. Offensively they are no bother but I think you were right when you said just pick on one tackle and make that work. You are right, they are a tough team to play with.

Love your Orks having loads of fans they certainly had something to cheer about. Lots of punching. My mistake was trying to go toe to toe. Evade! Tricksy elves!

Thanks for the lesson!

Your dice definitely didn't help either, I've had my share of bad rolls but not like that!

It was a great game, loads of fun, and really close, in the end the 'Tricksy Elvses' were just too quick.

I'll post my results and team list up for the league tomorrow.
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement
Thanks for organising the x wing mini tournament yesterday Charlotte. Was lots of fun Big Grin
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

(11-01-2017, 12:53 AM)LukeR Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 12:12 AM)Brightblade Wrote: Luke. That was great. Thanks for being patient and showing me the subtleties of rucking! I think I get how to use woodies now. I think. Offensively they are no bother but I think you were right when you said just pick on one tackle and make that work. You are right, they are a tough team to play with.

Thanks for the lesson!

Your dice definitely didn't help either, I've had my share of bad rolls but not like that!

It was a great game, loads of fun, and really close, in the end the 'Tricksy Elvses' were just too quick.

I'll post my results and team list up for the league tomorrow.

Gotta think of some names. Gonna take your lead and use films as a theme. My catcher is going to be called Alar Footloose. My treeman is Greyroot (I am Greyroot!)
I
Oh. When a touchdown is scored does the conceding player then kick off? Like in rugby? That would imbalance the turns then? No? Can't find it in the book. I'm sure it's there.

I really enjoyed it. I like learning and I only get frustrated when I don't understaaaaand! Lol.

Your dice were bad at times too. What happened to your casualty?