Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blood Bowl league 2017 standings
(19-04-2017, 06:58 AM)Russell Wrote:
(18-04-2017, 11:05 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Updated first post with results of tonight:

Chris beat Stu 3 - 1
Dave beat Luke 2 - 0
Matt beat Russell 2 - 1 ?score?

Sad to say yes (2-1 to Matt) was an interesting clash of skills (Tackle / Dodge) but the two touchdowns were well earned.

I caused 4 casualties (2 for the newly named Fili (Troll Slayer), 1 for Dori (Blocker) and 1 for Thorin (Blitzer)

2 Extra Skills - Thorin (Blitzer) now has guard, and Fili (Troll Slayer) has Mighty Blow. No Casualties and an extra 70,000 in the bank (Saved for the rainy day fund)

New Team Value 1,040,000

It was a tough game for sure. Do you get extra points for kills? You killed two elves if you do.

I'll recalculate my team value when I get chance, it appears I did it wrong, not that it matters. Nobody improved on my team and one player misses a game. One is fine and those two deaths mean I need to recruit a bit. Time for a treeman? Not enough gold!

I hope I never play Dwarfs again they seemed designed to foil wood elves! Ha ha ha.
(18-04-2017, 11:05 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Updated first post with results of tonight:

Chris beat Stu 3 - 1
Dave beat Luke 2 - 0
Matt beat Russell 2 - 1 ?score?

Yep, the Norse managed to beat the Orcs 2-0 even with there being a Troll on the pitch.

3 Casualties thou, with 2 players missing the next game - Star Player was the thrower again, ran in 2 touchdowns - No Skill upgrades.

Time for a catcher to give the thrower someone to throw at.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
(19-04-2017, 09:45 AM)Brightblade Wrote: It was a tough game for sure. Do you get extra points for kills? You killed two elves if you do.

SPP is rewarded for causing a roll on the casualty chart. The result doesn't matter after that.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(19-04-2017, 12:24 PM)Gareth Wrote:
(19-04-2017, 09:45 AM)Brightblade Wrote: It was a tough game for sure. Do you get extra points for kills? You killed two elves if you do.

SPP is rewarded for causing a roll on the casualty chart. The result doesn't matter after that.

I thought so but thought I'd better mention it in case.
Paul's Humans managed to avoid being beaten up by Russell's Dwarves. Several knockouts but no injuries. The one dwarf that got clobbered escaped injury.
A 1-0 victory to the Humans...Big Grin

Russel we need to roll for Fans sometime maybe before next week's game Tongue v Dave.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Agreed - given that i can get a game next week we can roll for it right at the start.
40k - Orks / SM / Drukhari / AM
Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith
Managed to scrape a win against Luke's Orcs last night, 3 - 2 to me.

The orcs received and midway through the first half I couldn't stop them scoring, one of my players (no.5 Arwen) suffering a broken jaw (which would have been worse except for the ministrations of a wandering apothecary) - so she will miss next game. After kick-off the wood elves surged down the left side with a great pick up and throw by Illyrian (despite her gammy leg) and I scored within a couple of turns. A late drive by the orcs and a bit of miscommunication on the wood elf team and the orcs scored late in the half, so I was trailing 1 - 2 at half-time.

In the second half things improved, the wardancer gracefully snapped an orc throwers neck, killing him on the way to scoring a touchdown early in the 2nd half. The orcs received again and an ugly brawl developed in the centre of the pitch as the orcs tried to make ground through the nimble wood elves. despite three players being KO on the wood elf team, the ball came loose at the back of the orc scrum and no. 4 Jastra was lurking in a good position to snatch it and break away for the try line. In desperation the orcs lumbered after her but failed to catch her (Luke failed his go for it when blitzing with no re-rolls left) and she went over the line for a 3 - 2 victory!

My wardancer Yriad levelled up and took a new skill - strip ball.

I rolled a 4 for winnings and with FAME and the win got 60,000, so added to the 60,000 already in the kitty I have purchased a second wardancer Smile

My fan factor also went up by one. Have updated my roster on page 2 of this thread.

Thanks for the game Luke!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Also updated first post with results of my game with Luke
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(10-05-2017, 10:35 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Managed to scrape a win against Luke's Orcs last night, 3 - 2 to me.

The orcs received and midway through the first half I couldn't stop them scoring, one of my players (no.5 Arwen) suffering a broken jaw (which would have been worse except for the ministrations of a wandering apothecary) - so she will miss next game. After kick-off the wood elves surged down the left side with a great pick up and throw by Illyrian (despite her gammy leg) and I scored within a couple of turns. A late drive by the orcs and a bit of miscommunication on the wood elf team and the orcs scored late in the half, so I was trailing 1 - 2 at half-time.

In the second half things improved, the wardancer gracefully snapped an orc throwers neck, killing him on the way to scoring a touchdown early in the 2nd half. The orcs received again and an ugly brawl developed in the centre of the pitch as the orcs tried to make ground through the nimble wood elves. despite three players being KO on the wood elf team, the ball came loose at the back of the orc scrum and no. 4 Jastra was lurking in a good position to snatch it and break away for the try line. In desperation the orcs lumbered after her but failed to catch her (Luke failed his go for it when blitzing with no re-rolls left) and she went over the line for a 3 - 2 victory!

My wardancer Yriad levelled up and took a new skill - strip ball.

I rolled a 4 for winnings and with FAME and the win got 60,000, so added to the 60,000 already in the kitty I have purchased a second wardancer Smile

My fan factor also went up by one. Have updated my roster on page 2 of this thread.

Thanks for the game Luke!

Thanks Chris, it was incredibly close - going to give up with go for it rolls as I keep failing them!

Poor Sheila the Thrower has taken his final Bow...

I'll upload my updated team later from my laptop once I've assigned the skill to my Black Orchestra who levelled up.
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement
Steve and I played last night resulting in a 1-0 win to my Dwarves - Quite a lot of heavy hits but only a few Casualties (1 to each side, and 1 from the crowd)

Big news however is that i finally saved up enough gold to buy a Deathroller :-) - Roll on next week (pun intended)
40k - Orks / SM / Drukhari / AM
Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith