Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alan's Tournament Diary
I like it. The Catraphctici Captain is pretty tanky with the 3up rerolling ones - is it worth him having Shield Eternal so he doesn't get instagibbed?

From experience the Raptorwing is pretty sweet, with the guranteed Turn2 - Stormtalons are great but die fast to most things.

Used the Talon Strike Force before (in casual), and the rerolls do help
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement
So with real life stuff getting in the way over the past few months, I've not made much progress on my new Space Marine army. I've got a lot of stuff assembled (the battle company and almost all of the Shadowstrike Kill team) but nothing fully painted and at the rate I'm going I doubt I'll get it done for Cally in July. Also, with 8th edition looming I don't want to be buying many models and I want to try something a bit different that has fewer moving parts than my Cabal star, and is better at objective scoring without being reliant on psychic powers. I'm guessing with the rise of Magnus and the release of the Null Maiden task force, we might end up seeing a lot of the Sisters in rhinos with large null zone ranges able to shut down psychic death stars from 20+" away.

So with that in mind, I wanted something that I'd not need to paint much, would be good at scoring, would play quite simply and would not care about lots of sisters in rhinos. As I've been playing Cabal star and KDK I've got a fair few hounds and stumbled across the murderhorde in the Daemons codex.

Murderhorde formation (core)
Herald of Khorne
– Lesser Reward (Axe of Khorne)
– Greater reward (D6 roll)
– Crimson Crown
– Juggernaut
– Exalted Loci of wrath

15 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
10x Bloodletters
10x Bloodletters

Hunter of Khorne (auxiliary)
Karanak

Daemon Lord (command)
Be’Lakor

Daemon Lord (command)
Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage
– Exalted Reward (grimour)

Inquisitorial Detachment
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor with 3x Servo Skulls

Total points (1844)

Feedback welcome. I've tried to use the models I have to avoid buying/painting much. I've basically got everything and would only need to paint up 4 bloodletters, about 18 hounds and Karanak which I've got a quick method of doing using Army Painter red primer/wash/drybrush.

The basic idea is the big hound unit rolls up with the Herald and Karanak in. Be'lakor makes the D thirster invisible, and the D thirster puts the grim on the hound death star. Meanwhile the smaller units of hounds run about, block, score objectives and just be an annoyance. The inquisitor is there to let me control GSC a bit.
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55