Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Caledonian Revolutions experience
Hey

All, so after a largely successful weekend at cally, here is a brief report:

Lists can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/85yqec8tmnrfui...s.pdf?dl=0

GAME1 vs Leo Kyp Tau

Leo won the roll for first turn and took it, he was deep striking his Cadre, so I null deployed save for Wraithknight, Assassin and D-Cannon. He killed the lot on his Alpha Strike, but my Beta Strike killed most of his stuff and the following turns it was a matter of rolling up the table killing Drones. 27-7 VP win, 20-0 on Tps.

GAME2 vs Samuel Watson Tau

Sam was using a similar list in that it was Deep Striking Tau, but this time he outflanked his Broadsides. I had to deploy a little more to avoid being tabled as I reserved all the Windriders and Warp Spiders. He got his reserves on, just killing the Wraithknight, the rest of my army came on and wiped out most of his Suits and Broadsides. Then ran around the table killing everything bar the Commander on one wound, which was beating up Windriders in combat and winning in my turns so in his the commander could assault another unit... but I won pretty big. 30-11 Vps. 20-0 Win on Tps

GAME3 vs Ben Johnson Iron Hands Space Marines

The most tactical game of the weekend, Ben won the roll for turn1, passing it to me, he was super nervous of the Wraithknight and Culexus Assassin combo, I kept my entire army within striking range if he decided to charge the Wraithknight, as he's lose his powers so would have 1 turn to pounce on him, ended largely as a stalemate as he only pushed up turn4, I assaulted the Wraithknight into his star on my turn5. It stomped out 3 Librarians and his Warlord. Turning a 12/15-5 win into a 18-2 Win! 27-11 to on VPs.

GAME4 vs Sid Sidhu Tau/Culexus

Table1, I bottled this game, I lost the pre game roll for turn1 and forgot my battle plan of going for it, should of deployed and pushed up into his face, leaving him one turn to do any damage, instead I null deployed like I'd done in every game so far..but turn3 moving the Culexus Assassin into range of my Fortuned and Invisible Wraithknight taking its powers away in front of 5 Riptides was the low light, the other was setting up the Bastion on the wrong objective.. I deployed wrong and played poorly, rolling a 6 on the Wraithknights shooting would have helped... but recovered some dignity with some smart(ish) plays turn 4/5 to recover maelstrom and preserved KPs ending in a 15-5 defeat. 25-15 on VPs I believe.

GAME5 vs Andy Oakham Daemons

I lost the roll to go first and never stood a chance after that.. My objective placement was poor in this game, allowing my opponent to control 4/6 objectives all game (put 1 objective centrally, should have been in a corner), I got SMASHED on Maelstrom, the game going to turn6 didn't help. My shooting did little (all game, I killed 3 Nurglings, 11 Horrors, 6 Plague Drones, a Herald and a couple of Screamers...) I would have got a few points out of this game. But vs 2x units of Plague Drones in 2+ cover and Screamers with 2++ re-rollable inv saves. Fateweaver now in the air And when the Wraithknight in combat with the Screamers doesn't roll a 6 on the stomp in 4 rounds of combat (8 stomps), you know things are going badly. Ended up getting thumped 20-0. My opponent got max Vps without tabling me hahaha!

Finished 18th overall, had an amazing Day1, didn't really make many mistakes (could/should have reserved the Wraithknight game1 as he couldn't table me before my reserves arrived) Day2 I played poorly in game4, game5 I made a couple of mistakes. So left slightly disappointed in myself.

Overall, it was great fun to catch up (and meeting for the first time) with loads of you guys, with 8 of us making an appearance! Brilliant!

As for list changes, I don't have many in mind, maybe a little tweak.

Rob

Good read Rob. Glad at least one of us finished high up and made it to table one! :p Definitely felt like their were a lot more experienced tournament players there this year, so in the top 20 has got to be good?

Working on my own write up which I will put up once I've tided it up a bit.
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

Nice one Rob, I will have to attempt writing up my games soon!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Cheers guys!

Yeah the field was pretty strong, maybe the strongest I've ever seen it, with 90% of the England team and many who tried to get in as well, also many of 3 other ETC teams present, it was a pretty ruthless field of players. So 18th. I have to happy with that for now :p

I do love a good bat rep, so looking forward to reading others Smile