Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DzC Narrative Campaign: Siege of Atlantia
OUTCOME OF SIEGE OF ATLANTIA WEEK 2

On Tuesday night, the assault of Atlantia began in earnest, with 1250pt games of Surging Strike. The results are below:

Chris (Shaltari) 7-1 (UCM) JJ

Matt (Scourge) 7-2 (UCM) Hector

Ian (Scourge) 8-2 (PHR) Will

Gaz (Scourge) 1-4 (Resistance) Dave

As you can see, the forces of the Occupation pulled off an outstanding defence of the city, limiting forces of the Reconquest to just one win, courtesy of Dave's Resistance.

This has clear consequences for our next game! Battered and bloodied, the forces of the Reconquest retreat and regroup around the few outposts and strong-points they did manage to capture. The UCM believes that holding these fortifications against the inevitable Scourge counter-attack will be a victory of sorts, at least until more manpower can be brought to bear in the future. Strategic direct deployment of materiel in the coming battle will be key.

Emboldened by the scale of their victorious defence, the forces of the Occupation follow quickly, rushing to drive the forces of the Reconquest out of the city completely. Though an assault on dug-in positions will be difficult, a victory in this final phase will undoubtedly shatter UCM confidence across the entire war sector.

The final mission will be 1500 Clash, STRONGPOINT DEFENCE (Mission 3B). This is a unique scenario to the campaign, and cannot be found in any of the books.

***IMPORTANT CHANGE TO SCENARIO RULES***
Forces of the Reconquest: For each Squad directly deployed, at least ONE other (non-Fast Mover) Squad must be placed in RESERVE.

With two objectives in the centre of the board, using a directly deployed infantry squad to quickly find and remove those objectives is a strongly advised tactic!

The Scenario can be found in the Atlantia Campaign attachment. If someone more techie than me can put this up visible without an attachment, that would be great!

Also, so you can really micro-manage and tailor your lists/ sabotage your opponent's car, here are the match-ups for campaign week 3:

JJ (UCM) v (Scourge) Gaz
Will (PHR) v (Shaltari) Chris
Hector (UCM) v (Scourge) Ian
Dave (Res) v (Scourge) Matt

See you in two weeks, commanders.

Attached Files
.pdf   Dropzone Commander-Atlantia Campaign.pdf (Size: 1.04 MB / Downloads: 266)
Dropfleet Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 1500pts PHR

Dropzone Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 600pts UCM
PM me anytime to arrange DzC tutorials if you are interested in the game.

Magic the Gathering

UK Dropfleet Champion, Summer Invasion 2017
Warboar Dropfleet Winner, 12.11.17
2nd at Fleet Muster 2, Firestorm Games 10.12.17
Battle for Tlalacon Winner, Beach-Head 2018
Hopefully this works...

Looking forward to finally facing the hated shaltari. Wink hopefully my techs have purged the virus that's affecting the targeting software in all of my walkers, and my sirens remember that they are agile(Ive just re-read their rules they have a 3+ passive vs falling masonry, whoops!)
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

Hopefully my cyber warfare will be as effective as Ian's was! Looking forward to crushing the followers of the white sphere.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Looks like a difficult one for the RC, 50% of the unit are in reserve
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
(12-08-2016, 03:32 PM)wako1302 Wrote: Looks like a difficult one for the RC, 50% of the unit are in reserve

You can choose not to directly deploy anything and then everything will be in readiness as normal.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Thanks for organising this Matt, was lots of fun. Are we calling it a draw then?

The game between me and Chris turned into a meat grinder in which it was a bad idea to be an infantryman (the only Infantry left at the end were two shell shocked immortals), and it turns out type four walkers are really good at meatgrinders if you bring enough of them Tongue going to have to try bringing all of them in a normal game now!

By my count the killpoints for our game were (if it will make a difference)

2x Tarantula Battle Strider 110pts
Warspear 108pts
Gharial 100pts + Warchief 100pts
Firstborns 108pts
6x Samurai 144pts
Braves 70pts
Firedrake 130pts
Jaguar 100pts
2x Ocelot 190pts
2x Haven Terragate 40pts
1200pts
To
3x Trition A1s 87pts
Valkaries 94pts
Immortals 72pts
Apollo B 35pts
2X phobos 126pts
414pts

Probably missed something though as this is from memory.

Ps Thanks for the game Chris, sorry about laying such an evil trap. Bad day to be a hedgehog I think.
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

Sounds about right Will although the firstborn come in at 96pts and the Samurai are 126pts while the Gharail is now 110pts base.

Yeah, I didn't realise at the start of the game how invulnerable your walkers were with all the healing you could do and as soon as I started taking casualties I was even less likely to kill one. If I had played better I could have got one of those focal points as could have kept my commander alive with a bit more care, but as ever hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Would love a rematch using a random scenario at some point, maybe in Sept?
(28-08-2016, 01:39 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Would love a rematch using a random scenario at some point, maybe in Sept?

. . . glutton for punishment . . . haha
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(28-08-2016, 01:39 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Sounds about right Will although the firstborn come in at 96pts and the Samurai are 126pts while the Gharail is now 110pts base.

Yeah, I didn't realise at the start of the game how invulnerable your walkers were with all the healing you could do and as soon as I started taking casualties I was even less likely to kill one. If I had played better I could have got one of those focal points as could have kept my commander alive with a bit more care, but as ever hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Would love a rematch using a random scenario at some point, maybe in Sept?

Ahh cool I just pulled the points off a battle scribe file I got from the hawk forums as I didn't have my book.

I agree I also didn't realise how much of a difference bringing two Hades would make over bringing one, so much healing, so much firepower, and nice redundancy for those just plain bad rolls. I thought I would lose one over the first few turns but that I would come out slightly ahead in the straight out fight we had, but I guess the bad luck I've had with the one in previous games has made me underestimate them!

Yeah a random scenario rematch sounds ace, just name a date Smile

How about Sept 13th, 1500pts again then. Do you want to do the same lists or can I change mine a bit?