Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Luke's Hobby Log
So, while things have been pretty hectic lately, I have managed to do a reasonable amount of painting in the month of June. Mostly I've been progressing to finish off odd Space Marine Models. Haven't got any photos of these as they're packed up at the minute but I've done;

- 10 Man Devatator Sqaud
- 5 Man Catphratacti Terminator Squad
- 1 Dreadnought
- A bunch of assorted characters - all the ones I had left - only 2 are fully finished anf the other 10 are sat on the Paint Station nearly complete so I'll post an image when they're done
- I've also nearly finished one squad of the New Primaris Marines

Having done all that power armour, I've taken a break to start a smaller project from my to do list;

I took this image of the first few completed models - I've actually fully finished 6 and all the tokens, with another two nearly complete.

Attached Files Image(s)

Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement
Progress hasn't been too bad so far this month - will take some photos when I get home of some of the models.

Have finished off the Human & Orc Blood Bowl Teams, and have painted the Guildball Starter Set - knocks 3 things from the backlog.

Have now made a start on the Bolt Action Starter Set - fully assembled everything bar the Anti - Tank Gun (Instructions would be useful!) and Flamethrower Team - appear to be short a base for this.

Have half painted the first infantry squad with a fairly simple Camo Scheme.
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
Dropzone - UCM
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

In anticipation of having an army finished before I play a game, I've finshed the Bolt Action Starter I bought at Salute

Attached Files Image(s)

Dropzone - UCM
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

So, I've updated the list of projects I'm working on - I do have a few more hovering in the background that aren't on the listBig Grin

Lord of the Rings SBG
Mordor Army, approx. 60 models - all undercoated, none painted
Moria Army, approx. 100 models - all undercoated, none painted
Dwarf Army, approx. 30 models - all assembled

SAGA Romans - got the box of Infantry I picked up Salute which I need to do something with

Bloodbowl
Dwarves - converting them out of some Fantasy Leftovers - not started
Vampires - converting the Second Hand Minis I had a few weeks ago from the club - not started
Undead - same as above - not started

Warhammer 40K
Chaos - 200 models approx. - all assembled - 50 are fully painted and based
Imperial Guard - approx. 60 models - assembled bar one squad, 30 models undercoated and some more need stripping
Necrons - boxed until I get the motivation to sort them
Eldar - boxed until I get the motivation to sort them
Imperial Knights - 4 large models - 3 still need assembling

Gates of Antares - Algoryn, approx. 50. models still in box.

I've removed four completed projects, and then added one back on in the Gates of Antares Starter Army + extras I've just received.

This will be next project, along with my Mordor Orc Army - I've started this and painted a couple of Orcs.
Dropzone - UCM
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Nice job with the Germans. Look fwd to having a game in September!!!
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
A belated update, but my Bank Holiday weekend hobby progress.

These photos are slightly out of date now, in that I've finished painting all the Wargs and the Troll, as well as 3 mounted Ringwraiths. Have hit a slight snag with some bits seemingly disappearing during moving (I'm sure they'll reappear!) so only have the Black Numenoreans previously pictured left to paint and then my Mordor Army is complete apart from the models with missing bits.

Attached Files Image(s)

Dropzone - UCM
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Another update - the last elements of my Mordor Army are on hold until I can find the missing bits for the Fell Beast, have a Troll, a Captain and three Black Numenoreans to paint as well.

Decided to work on my converted Dwarf Blood Bowl Team, which as finished, as well as painting a few more Space Marines - the squad pictured are converted Sternguard - the protaginists of the SWA Campaign.

Attached Files Image(s)

Dropzone - UCM
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

So haven't updated for a while - took a month off from painting, and my camera has been playing up. So the photos may not be the best as I'm still learning to use it!

Have finished the LOTR Mordor army, which is boxed up currently.

Have finished my Gates of Antares Algoryn army, bar a couple of drones I appear to missing the transparent stems for;

Attached Files Image(s)

Dropzone - UCM
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Now that I've finished the previous two projects, I've picked the next two to focus on;

- Dropfleet Shaltari - for the escalation league
- Chaos Space Marines - I've already painted quite a few models for this army, and have quite a few more assembled and ready to paint.

I do have a few odd models to paint in between things, and plan on doing some of those in between painting the many, many Chaos Cultists I own.

I've painted up the first 700 points of Shaltari ready for Tuesday

Attached Files Image(s)

Dropzone - UCM
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Looking good Luke, look forward to scraping some of that paint off too in battle! haha

Also, is that a subtle hint with the Beyond the Gates of Antares box.... I know I know....
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.