Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What about this list (Cally 2016)?
Second attempt at a list, have already decided not to do a battle company... Not sure if it'll work though! I don't really fancy playing a deathstar list but want multiple threats, hence the two black knight squads and the grey knight terminators.

Dark Angels with Grey Knight Allies

Dark Angels Ravenwing Strike Force (1080)

HQ
Librarian – lvl2, bike, force sword, auspex [115]
Elite
Ravenwing Command Squad – 6 black knights, 1 grenade launcher, apothecary [270]
Fast attack
Ravenwing Black knights – 6 black knights, 1 grenade launcher [240]
Ravenwing bike squad – 2 grav guns [105]
Ravenwing attack bike squad – 3 attack bikes with multi-meltas [165]
Darkshroud [80]

Dark Angels CAD (415)

HQ
Librarian – bike, lvl2, shroud of heroes, force sword, conversion field [140]
Troops
5 Scouts - bolters [55]
5 Scouts - bolters [55]
Fast Attack

Grey knights Nemesis Strike Force (355)

HQ
Librarian – lvl3, nemesis warding stave, Domina Liber Daemonica [160]
Troops
Grey Knight Terminator Squad – 1 with psycannon & nemesis daemon hammer [195]

So the basic idea is the CAD deploys on the table and tries to survive mainly by hiding (against deathstar lists). GK's arrive T1 or 2 and deepstrike onto the attack bikes beacons and RWSF arrives turn 2 from mainly outflanking.

Or, deploy the entire ravenwing force and scout forward very aggressively, with grey knights hopefully deepstriking turn 1.

The Ravenwing strike force means I can turbo boost on turn 1 (or 2 if they reserve), and count as jinking but can fire guns normally next turn. Also auto come in trun 2 if i do reserve them.

3 Librarians to try and deny opponents invisibility / gating around etc. and to do my own shennanigans - not sure what yet!

Really not sure this will work though - I really want to take the ravenwing strike force and think grey knight allies might help in the psychic dept. Not sure about the CAD, or could move some units from the strike force to the CAD. Or I could drop the ravenwing strike force entirely and just put the units in the CAD and maybe take a dreadknight or some more grey knights.

Problems are th earmy doesn't like ignores cover weapons and maybe could do with a more combat oriented character on a bike...
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Looks like a good list to me. after playing Terrys army on Tuesday I can say 2+ re-rollable jink save is evil and most of your army moving 12" is pretty awesome.

Not sure if your grey-knights won't get caught out and picked on as they are very slow compared to the rest of your force and their 2+ isn't re-rollable! Tongue

and yeah your right ignores cover is going to be hard for this list to face. It is something to consider, especially as space marines now get a physic power that gives a unit ignores cover and ignore Line of sight restrictions Huh
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

Thanks Will. Yeah the grey knights are an experiment. Basically I want something other than just bikes and also something on the table if the ravenwing strike force reserve (the CAD) but not sold on these. Will see how the next couple of games go.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Hey Chris, your list is certainly different, I'm not sure about the Grey Knights.

I think you'd be much better off with a Conclave on Bikes, Invis, Shrieks, Cleansing Flames etc.

Also Meltabombs for Sergeants for when you face Imperial Knights :p

'Different', hmmm! thanks Rob! Will get in a game or two first then I'll rethink it.
Nothing wrong with different, I've not seen a list like yours at an event. Smile

It's either crap then or I'm a genius....
OK so it was a bit crap, but I didn't play very well either, not knowing the rules didn't help!

This is the second version of the list, have dropped the grey knights and got myself a culexus assassin (think Rob mentioned this in another thread - saw the rules and I think he may be the answer to all the psychic power floating around these days...) and a ravenwing support squadron.

Dark Angels (1850)

Dark Angels Ravenwing Strike Force (955)
Librarian – lvl2, bike, force axe, auspex [115]
Ravenwing Command Squad – 5 black knights incl. apothecary [230]
Ravenwing Black knights – 5 black knights [200]
Darkshroud [80]

Dark Angels CAD (450)
Librarian – bike, lvl2, force axe, conversion field [130]
5 Scouts [55]
5 Scouts [55]

Ravenwing Support Squadron (305)
Darkshroud [80]
3 Ravenwing Landspeeders – tml and hb [225]

Officio Assassinorium Dataslate (140)
Culexus Assassin [140]
Much better Chris Smile

The Culexus is pretty handy in the tournament meta!

A culexus! Should be intresting. You might be able to suprise a few death stars with that. Will be intresting to see what it can do. I've been tempted to convert a tyranid version to try but the Come the appocalipse alies thing screws that up, as I generally run out of deployment space as it is.
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."