Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 3rd May 2016
Luke, that was a smashing game of Mordheim, much obliged. Think we had a fairly good grasp on the rules by the end, just need to knock up some crib sheets with all the stats I think.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(03-05-2016, 11:20 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Yeah thanks Matt, enjoyed getting torn apart by that Eldar thing. Next time I will stay far away from him!

Shoot him. He's only t3, 3w and a 3++'can only do so much. Weight of dice'll kill. One turn of shooting from a tactical,squad. Bang bang.

I really liked your army. Tough to kill. Fast. In your face. Nice. Shame that those bikes ain't troops. For Sammael's sake!
(04-05-2016, 08:24 AM)Stuart Wrote: Luke, that was a smashing game of Mordheim, much obliged. Think we had a fairly good grasp on the rules by the end, just need to knock up some crib sheets with all the stats I think.

Yes, thanks for the great game. By the end things were making a lot more sense!

Definitely need some sort of Crib Sheets, also the Warband Rosters from the rulebook which I'm going to read through again this week. The upcoming campaign should be a lot of fun if last night was anything to go by!
(04-05-2016, 09:52 AM)Brightblade Wrote:
(03-05-2016, 11:20 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Yeah thanks Matt, enjoyed getting torn apart by that Eldar thing. Next time I will stay far away from him!

Shoot him. He's only t3, 3w and a 3++'can only do so much. Weight of dice'll kill. One turn of shooting from a tactical,squad. Bang bang.

I really liked your army. Tough to kill. Fast. In your face. Nice. Shame that those bikes ain't troops. For Sammael's sake!

What was your list Matt? I saw you had mostly Eldar? Did you take Harlequin allies for the Solitaire? He/She was a beast...
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
yeah next time i will be flinging some shots at it. Yeah i like the army as well but gonna make some changes.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(04-05-2016, 10:23 AM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote:

What was your list Matt? I saw you had mostly Eldar? Did you take Harlequin allies for the Solitaire? He/She was a beast...

It was a fairly simple biel-tan list. One aspect host (dire avengers, dark reapers and fire dragons for +1bs) Autarch, Farseer on JetBike with 6 windriders, 10 scorpions, 10 guardians with a warlock, 6 rangers. A crimson hunter exarch, a falcon and a wave serpent. No duplications. All aspects have exarchs. Oh, and the solitaire as an ally. it's a list I used a lot in previous editions so I understand it. It got better with the new book as some things got cheaper as well as buffed.

To be honest all my cwe Eldar did was soften things up for the solitaire and grab objectives. Worked better than expected. Won't again now we all know what the solitaire is capable of!
(04-05-2016, 06:04 PM)Brightblade Wrote:
(04-05-2016, 10:23 AM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote:

It was a fairly simple biel-tan list. One aspect host (dire avengers, dark reapers and fire dragons for +1bs) Autarch, Farseer on JetBike with 6 windriders, 10 scorpions, 10 guardians with a warlock, 6 rangers. A crimson hunter exarch, a falcon and a wave serpent. No duplications. All aspects have exarchs. Oh, and the solitaire as an ally. it's a list I used a lot in previous editions so I understand it. It got better with the new book as some things got cheaper as well as buffed.

To be honest all my cwe Eldar did was soften things up for the solitaire and grab objectives. Worked better than expected. Won't again now we all know what the solitaire is capable of!

That's cool it looked a good list. How was it that you were able to take just a Solitaire as an ally? Without having to take the minimum compulsory troops for a detachment/formation?? I'm only asking as I'd quite like to take one too haha....
Magic the Gathering

The harlequin codex has a weird foc. There are (no hq's, for example) Some formations are mental. Some are lovely. The solitaire stands on his own as far as I am aware but I was not worried about being unbound. I just wanted to take a solitaire. You can take a solitaire, a death jester and a seer as a formation. I was not aiming to run a tournament list just a fun army.

The cwe was an old foc army but the solitaire was just an addition as they often turn up without harlequin support in the fluff. I'd never used the model and fancied a run out.

I'll check the codex when I get in tonight to let you know the cheapest way to include one without going unbound. Probably the path of heroes formation.
(05-05-2016, 11:24 AM)Brightblade Wrote: The harlequin codex has a weird foc. There are (no hq's, for example) Some formations are mental. Some are lovely. The solitaire stands on his own as far as I am aware but I was not worried about being unbound. I just wanted to take a solitaire. You can take a solitaire, a death jester and a seer as a formation. I was not aiming to run a tournament list just a fun army.

The cwe was an old foc army but the solitaire was just an addition as they often turn up without harlequin support in the fluff. I'd never used the model and fancied a run out.

I'll check the codex when I get in tonight to let you know the cheapest way to include one without going unbound. Probably the path of heroes formation.

Cool thanks Matt, I think you may be right for a bound list I think the cheapest way to take him would be via The Heroes' Path formation.
Magic the Gathering