Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOTR Campaign results
(20-04-2016, 02:52 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Ok thanks guys, just rolled for your captain Paul and he has gained +1 Fight.

Excellent, brings him up to F5 the same level as these pesky elves.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(20-04-2016, 10:26 AM)Stuart Wrote: The clash between the forces of Mirkwood/Lothlorien and the Easterling invaders at Dol Goldur ended in a draw as far as VP (1 each I think?) but Paul killed a lot more of my stuff that I did of his.

Suffice to say his warriors dined on Great Eagle that night...

Paul - looking at the Aura of Dismay (that induces Terror) I think it only applies to models that are within 6" (or 12" if channelled) of the hero at the time, rather than when it is cast. I think for the most part Thranduil was in the midst of battle so we applied it correctly, but towards the end he backed away so for the last turn certainly your warriors wouldn't have had to take courage tests (I'm pretty certain I didn't channel it so the effective range was 6").

You not only let your team down, you let your race down and most importantly Stu, you let yourself down! :p

Haha sounds like another brutal game!
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Brutal appears to be the word with lotr. Sounds like a great game.
(20-04-2016, 08:40 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: You not only let your team down, you let your race down and most importantly Stu, you let yourself down! :p

But apart from that, not too bad, yeah? Cool
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Okay folks so Ben has bowed out for health reasons. Matt could you play me with your Gondor force in his place?
Magic the Gathering

JJ, I think I will award the game to you as you have had it cancelled twice, so no need to play Matt for this round. Turn 3 is gonna start tomorrow.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(03-05-2016, 04:16 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: JJ, I think I will award the game to you as you have had it cancelled twice, so no need to play Matt for this round. Turn 3 is gonna start tomorrow.

Okay cool no worries, well I've kept the turn 3 week free.
Magic the Gathering

Please check out the first few posts in this thread. Team's need to assign points to their forces, then moves can be made.

Matt and Luke you both had 5 territories before the Dwarves left so you have 5 territories now in total. You are allowed to reallocate all your extra points.

Next turn, turn 4, reinforcements will be on the way for all teams.....
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Gondor won again last night in the battle of the bridges (we used a river, stuff drowned) It was entirely down to dice rolls. Mine were OK, Will's were awful. Like, really bad. New dice required.

My Captain survived, gained +1 might and is named. Herion.

My Knight of the White Tower survived, gained +1 fight and is named. Aradir.

Cool! Mordor is still bottled up. No. Doubt gathering its strength. Minas Tirith holds the bridge at Osgiliath and the maw of the Morgul Vale. Phew. What a ruckus!
Boooo! Curse your men of Gondor!