Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOTR Campaign results
(13-04-2016, 01:36 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote:
(13-04-2016, 12:54 PM)Rob Lainchbury Wrote: It's different tactics with the Mumak! Still lost though. Boo! Harad not happy Sad Match on we do! with are tails between our legs.

I'll retreat left to node 23.

Sorry Rob as per the rules you must retreat to node 25 as retreating to your own controlled node takes priority over retreating to an unclaimed node:

'If you win, occupy the node. If you lose, retreat - to the node you came from if you moved this turn, or an adjacent node you control, or failing this an unoccupied node. If you cannot retreat to an unoccupied node you are destroyed – you lose your army and can raise one at one of your nodes in the end phase of the following campaign turn. All named heroes attached to the destroyed army escape and may be used in this new army (so effectively you lose map position and play a campaign turn with one army). You may retreat to an unclaimed and/or unoccupied node but do not count as controlling it in the end phase, and if attacked next turn without moving you will count as disordered (fight with a -10% penalty to your force allowance).'

Ok cool. My bad. Back home I go!
LOTR/Hobbit SBG: Rohan, Minas Tirith, Numenor, Mordor, Moria & Angmar, Isengard, Harad & Umbar, Eregion & Rivendel, Durins Folk, Fellowship, White Council
Sorry!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
The clash between the forces of Mirkwood/Lothlorien and the Easterling invaders at Dol Goldur ended in a draw as far as VP (1 each I think?) but Paul killed a lot more of my stuff that I did of his.

Suffice to say his warriors dined on Great Eagle that night...

Paul - looking at the Aura of Dismay (that induces Terror) I think it only applies to models that are within 6" (or 12" if channelled) of the hero at the time, rather than when it is cast. I think for the most part Thranduil was in the midst of battle so we applied it correctly, but towards the end he backed away so for the last turn certainly your warriors wouldn't have had to take courage tests (I'm pretty certain I didn't channel it so the effective range was 6").
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(20-04-2016, 10:26 AM)Stuart Wrote: Paul - looking at the Aura of Dismay (that induces Terror) I think it only applies to models that are within 6" (or 12" if channelled) of the hero at the time, rather than when it is cast. I think for the most part Thranduil was in the midst of battle so we applied it correctly, but towards the end he backed away so for the last turn certainly your warriors wouldn't have had to take courage tests (I'm pretty certain I didn't channel it so the effective range was 6").

Yes it does, I/we hadn't grasped the 6" 'Aura' (there was a clue there!) and as you did point out its duration is exhaustion, so can be overcome. It is pretty OP meanwhile though Smile - at least the way my dice were rolling.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
As I said in the other thread, a narrow win for Paul then at dol Guldur going on pts killed.

Can you let me know if any upgrades for generic heroes were gained and if any named heroes died and what heroes fought in the battle.

Ta!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(20-04-2016, 11:48 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: As I said in the other thread, a narrow win for Paul then at dol Guldur going on pts killed.

Can you let me know if any upgrades for generic heroes were gained and if any named heroes died and what heroes fought in the battle.

Ta!

I used Legolas and Thranduil as my only heroes. Both survived.

Do I have the option of retreating to either 9 or 11, or do I have to go back to where I came from (9)?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I'm afraid you have to retreat to 9 as that takes priority so you are cut off in Lothlorien at the mo.....Sorry!

Very thematic though...
I used Khamul (survived unscathed) and Generic Easterling Captain 'Captain Aoshi'. Unhorsed before killing an elf or two. You can roll Chris and let me know outcome.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Ok thanks guys, just rolled for your captain Paul and he has gained +1 Fight.

Just JJ and Ben to play, turn 3 moves will start to be made on the 4th of May, giving you a couple more weeks to get that game in guys. If JJ and/or Ben can't make it then either Matt and/or Stu can play in your stead as you are a team. If the game isn't played by the 4th then the two forces will remain locked and you will need to fight your battle on turn 3 instead. The node will be contested so neither side can claim control of it in terms of bonuses to pts.
yep we're playing on the 3rd
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss