Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOTR Campaign results
(07-09-2016, 09:45 AM)Brightblade Wrote: After a super tense game. Terrible dice on both sides. A brutal grind ends in victory for Gondor as I was one model from breaking (thanks to Beregond passing his fate roll) but Will broke by one model and the game then ended on a roll of two. Any longer and I would have broke too and Will would have won. Jammy.

Gondor takes the Black Gate. Does Will then retreat to Dol Guldur?

My roll for Captain Herion was a 4 so +1defence.
My roll for Knight Aradir was a 1 so +1might.

Great game as usual as I continue my quest to wipe out the armed forces of Gondor with my shoddy leadership but winning games on a technicality. .

We was robbed Wink , now I have to take the black gate back! Maybe time to break out the black guard!

I rolled
+1 courage for tzerlag, he is already maxed out though, do I get to reroll or is it just wasted?
+1 fight for azit bringing him to +2 fight
+1 might for Fozig a new morannon orc captain
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

You get to reroll for tzerlag
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(08-09-2016, 11:13 AM)will Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 09:45 AM)Brightblade Wrote: After a super tense game. Terrible dice on both sides. A brutal grind ends in victory for Gondor as I was one model from breaking (thanks to Beregond passing his fate roll) but Will broke by one model and the game then ended on a roll of two. Any longer and I would have broke too and Will would have won. Jammy.

Gondor takes the Black Gate. Does Will then retreat to Dol Guldur?

My roll for Captain Herion was a 4 so +1defence.
My roll for Knight Aradir was a 1 so +1might.

Great game as usual as I continue my quest to wipe out the armed forces of Gondor with my shoddy leadership but winning games on a technicality. .

We was robbed Wink , now I have to take the black gate back! Maybe time to break out the black guard!

I rolled
+1 courage for tzerlag, he is already maxed out though, do I get to reroll or is it just wasted?
+1 fight for azit bringing him to +2 fight
+1 might for Fozig a new morannon orc captain

Totally robbed. I felt like I had been beaten up badly. But had exactly 20models left on board. Sorry. (Not sorry!) ha ha hs!

I'm sure you will have your revenge!
(08-09-2016, 01:28 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: You get to reroll for tzerlag

While I remember the roll we did before our dropzone game means tzerlag gains +1 fight. Maybe he can start killing those annoying captains of men now :p
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

So Will and I managed to defeat the Rivendell Elves but Elrond retreated with the remnants of his personal guard. Close game, thought we'd had it when JJ had killed 7 Uruk Hai for the loss of 1 Elf but we dug deep and overcame the first Children of Illuvatar.

Once I sort the map out I think we are ready to start the next round.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Looks like Stu and Paul have yet to play their game so JJ are you able to play in Stu's place as he can't make the club at the moment? Think it's meant to be 650pts of elves vs 550pts of Easterlings?
The scent of barbecued great eagle still stinging their nostrils, the forces of Lothlórien and Mirkwood mustered an army under the banner of Thranduil and marched forth upon The Brown Lands to exact their revenge upon The Easterlings. Using their superior numbers and an uncanny habit for rolling sixes to wound, they formed their battle line and inflicted defeat upon The High Ground.

My surviving Stormcaller, "Edyrm", rolled a 2 in the post game phase for +1 courage.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
So round 4 summary: Will took Dol Guldur (10), but was attacked by Matt at The Black Gates (18) which he fell back to defend, lost and retreated to Dol Guldur (10), cut off from his capital.

Rob's Haradrim assaulted East Emnet (17) and wrested control of it from Chris, whose Uruk Hai fell back in dissarray to the unclaimed The Wold (15). West Emnet (14) had been retaken by Luke's Rohan uncontested.

The newly raised 3rd Mordor/Isengard allied army Fought the elves in Lothlorien (9), achieving a victory and despoiling the sacred groves. The Elves having nowhere to retreat to other than The Wold (15) fell back there, only to bump into the fleeing Uruk Hai - these two will fight at -10% each next turn.

Stu's superior Elven force overcame Paul's Easterlings in the Brown Lands (12) who fell back to Erebor (5), also cut off from their capital.

So although it was a pretty long campaign turn, lots of stuff happened! The Chaos of war is fully realised! See the updated map in the other thread. I will add whose armies are where to list of nodes as it's getting a bit confusing...
Stu and Paul have agreed that the result of their battle is void and as a result the elves wandered around a bit, couldn't find anyone to fight and retreated back home to put on a brew. They have withdrawn to Southern Mirkwood while the Easterlings marched onwards to their capital of Rhun. Please see updated map in other thread. This means the reinforcement situation has changed. Please see the early posty in this thread and let me know where all tehe reinforcements/loos of forces are to be applied.

Luke and Matt it is your move on the campaign map.

Please also all refresh yourselves on the updated capital rules - we are near the end of the campaign so thought it would be more fun to lower the defences..!
Thanks for the game yesterday Stu, was loads of fun.

We played hold ground, battle lines where formed nice a neatly but it very quickly dissolved into a rugby scrum in which the superior numbers of orcs where able to push the elves away from the objective and win a victory for the evil side. Was a lot of fun to just bring a mass of just orcs!

My surviving heroes rolled and each one got...
Tzerlag got +1 fate, so in total he has +2 courage, +1 fight, +1 fate
Azig got +1 courage, so he has +2 fight, +1 courage
Fozig got +1 defence, with his shield this will take him to defence 8! is this okay?
Morthog was injured again, but this time it was but a scratch!