Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quickshade gone wrong!
My quickshade has started to form a skin and has gone into a thick goo beneath. Any ideas? Is this saveable? It's not really working as it is...
Only used 1/4 tin...Sad
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Giving it a *really* good stir would be my first suggestion, but I suspect you've already tried that? It will separate as it's oil based, but I would hope it's salvageable.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(07-03-2016, 11:08 AM)Stuart Wrote: Giving it a *really* good stir would be my first suggestion, but I suspect you've already tried that? It will separate as it's oil based, but I would hope it's salvageable.

I do give a thorough stir every time, I use the stuff on the rod to paint with, the weird thing is it has gone so very thick and hasn't separated between uses. I have emailed The Army painter boys in Denmark...
(07-03-2016, 11:29 AM)Agincourt Wrote:
(07-03-2016, 11:08 AM)Stuart Wrote: Giving it a *really* good stir would be my first suggestion, but I suspect you've already tried that? It will separate as it's oil based, but I would hope it's salvageable.

I do give a thorough stir every time, I use the stuff on the rod to paint with, the weird thing is it has gone so very thick and hasn't separated between uses. I have emailed The Army painter boys in Denmark...

Just found some downloads on their site! If it goes thick (overtime) use turps to thin...