Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Website to help find gamers
Received an email recently from someone promoting the below, worth a look.

Quote:From: Alistair Cohen
Date: Monday, 15 February 2016 at 18:56
To: Jason James
Subject: Website to help find gamers

Hi Jason,

I saw your ad on the Orcs Nest site about RedWarSoc. I've just launched the alpha version of a website that could help you find players, and make people more aware of your regular meet ups, and was wondering if you could help me test it out?

The address is http://www.howdy.world (and its completely free to use).

Essentially its a website where anyone can post games (board games, card games, or sports) in a public calendar, and players can get in touch and request to join those games. Very simple idea but I'd not seen it done anywhere well, so decided to create it myself. Having experienced the frustrations of trying to organise poker, 5-a-side football or tennis games locally, it seems like there's a need out there to help people schedule games.

I'm hoping, with enough promotion, it can become the hub that people go to to find players for all sorts of games and activities - with board game players and RPG players being a key focus.

I'd love to know your thoughts, and even better if you could give it a go and see how it worked out when used as a games calendar for your own club games.

Looking forward to hearing what you think.

Alistair
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(26-02-2016, 07:02 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: Received an email recently from someone promoting the below, worth a look.

Quote:From: Alistair Cohen
Date: Monday, 15 February 2016 at 18:56
To: Jason James
Subject: Website to help find gamers

Hi Jason,

I saw your ad on the Orcs Nest site about RedWarSoc. I've just launched the alpha version of a website that could help you find players, and make people more aware of your regular meet ups, and was wondering if you could help me test it out?

The address is http://www.howdy.world (and its completely free to use).

Essentially its a website where anyone can post games (board games, card games, or sports) in a public calendar, and players can get in touch and request to join those games. Very simple idea but I'd not seen it done anywhere well, so decided to create it myself. Having experienced the frustrations of trying to organise poker, 5-a-side football or tennis games locally, it seems like there's a need out there to help people schedule games.

I'm hoping, with enough promotion, it can become the hub that people go to to find players for all sorts of games and activities - with board game players and RPG players being a key focus.

I'd love to know your thoughts, and even better if you could give it a go and see how it worked out when used as a games calendar for your own club games.

Looking forward to hearing what you think.

Alistair

Good...
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill