Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 8th March 2016
I'll pop along later for a mooch at lotr fun but can't play as I finish work too late to start at a reasonable time.
I'm happy to help run through some of the rule on the night.
Also what size force should we bring?
LOTR/Hobbit SBG: Rohan, Minas Tirith, Numenor, Mordor, Moria & Angmar, Isengard, Harad & Umbar, Eregion & Rivendel, Durins Folk, Fellowship, White Council
How about a single warband of under 200pts each?
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Hi Dave if up for it 1850 40k game.
(26-02-2016, 09:36 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: How about a single warband of under 200pts each?

This works well Big Grin We could have a mini tournament maybe??? - "Deadliest warband" winner faces winner etc...
LOTR/Hobbit SBG: Rohan, Minas Tirith, Numenor, Mordor, Moria & Angmar, Isengard, Harad & Umbar, Eregion & Rivendel, Durins Folk, Fellowship, White Council
This is more a case of teaching/ refreshing rules for those that need for the coming campaign so I think it will work best if we have a couple of 4 player games (depending on numbers turning up). Maybe teams of 2 vs 2 or if odd numbers one can have two warbands. If the games are done in 1.5hrs we could always swap and have a second game vs another team. Rob you seem to know what you are doing so your help/advice will be invaluable!

So everyone bring a 200pt warband, try and keep it simple so prob a basic captain, maybe some cavalry or a monster, perhaps a weak magic user like a shaman or stormcaller, so we can run through their rules. I know that with the game against Stu we were not using the might as best as we could and I am not familiar with the new monster rules so I may bring a goblin force with a cave troll - a small(ish) monster - so we can get a handle on how they work in combat with the new hobbit rules.

I will be bringing a couple of spare 200pt warbands for those that haven't got models.

We could also roll for first turn priority for the campaign and I will try and bring a copy for everyone of the hopefully finalised campaign rules to distribute (planning to do it this weekend). Anyone participating in the campaign but not here this week don't worry, your team mate can roll for you or we will witness the roll as a group.

All sound OK?

Chris
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Fine by me Chris. Will have 200 points.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Sounds great!
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I can't make it on time due to work but will pop in later. Just to accounts@secondthunder.comarch the chaos.
Up for Mordheim or WHFB or maybe some Warmahordes if someone knows the rules and can put up with me asking a million questions Smile
“Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm”
WHFB: Warriors of Chaos