Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The swarm is coming: new tyranid rumours
Something is sturring out there. Probably want to take with a pinch of salt as a lot of nid players desperately want a new codex so much that tyranid rumours become massively blown out of proportion... but here's hoping for something cool!

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/10/4...anids.html

For those who cannot directly access. Here is a direct copy paste from BoLS:-

Quote:The Hivefleets are drifting silently towards your tabletop. Here’s the latest word we’ve been told on the Tyranids:

Here’s what the grapevine has told BoLS:

Tyranid Release Window:
These are next up after Horus Heresy

Look for these to appear in early Q1 2016 after the new year

Several new kits including:

– Broodlord (plastic – clampack)

– Genestealer Kit (plastic completely redone)

– XX-vores combo kit (plastic and includes build options for, Biovore, Pyrovore, a new “psychicvore”)

– Termagants Kit (plastic completely redone with “new” weapon options)

– New codex, including:

All Shield of Baal bugs included, and the new ones.

There is scattered chatter of a …

wait for it…

– plastic Gargantuan Creature (no further details)

The Tyranid rumorfront has been deader than a doornail for over a year. If you recall the closest we got to the Hivefleets this year was a rumor about Genestealer Cult returning as a small Harlequin sized release back in FEBRUARY by 79Hastings69, who has been right about pretty much everything. Sometimes he’s called things over a year out… so who knows – 2016 may be VERY GOOD for you bug fanatics. With the return of Harlequins and the launch of Adeptus Mechanisus this year – I don’t put anything past GW at this point.

I'm a little excited, so here's hoping it is true and GW don't screw it up.
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

Lightbulb 
Looks like the rumours of the Genestealler cult are true. Or at least partly true. Going to be a Genestealer vs deathwatch boxed set next month. Unclear if it's a standalone board game from the rumours that I have seen.

Pictures of the genestealers below. There are pictures of the deathwatch marines circulating as well, they look pretty cool, but not as cool as the genestealers.

source-tyranid-hive-forum

What do you guys think? Personally looks like I'm going to have to save money for some more genestealler fun for my nids Smile
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

I quite like the look of the 3rd & 4th generation hybrids - give them a glass dome helmet and they'd be like something out of Mars Attacks! Smile
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I really need to start playing 40k again.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Another pic. Looks like it's defiantly a board game. Although the person that broke the rumour said there would be a codex later. That patriarch model is just amazing. As long as it's not silly money I'm defiantly going to be getting this! Now I just wonder if there is going to be a model for the genestealler cult limo as well. Tongue

More models for the paint pile!

Nice. If they release a codex I will be getting my really old genestealer cultist models out of their box....
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
It's on pre-order now. I wouldn't call £100 reasonable but I pre-ordered it anyway just not from GW directly. Good old online discounts. I've heard the GW board games are quite fun so should get use out of it outside 40K anyway and might drag some old friends back into the hobby by playing it with them Tongue

The rules for using the models in 40K are going to be in the next two white dwarfs so guess I will also be buying some white dwarfs for the first time in 10 years.