Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAGA Wyvern Wargames SAGA tournament - Saturday 27th February 2016
A very enjoyable day.
My first battle was against Carl Vikings close victory 3 points to 2. Both of us getting our wagons off the board, but me destroying his left flank taking little damage in return, while avoiding his heavy right flank. I was happy to start with a winning draw.
Second battle the Ford crossing against Alan from Stoke (knows Justin from Warhammer tournaments with Dwarves). He was playing Saxons and knew my army inside out and his own... He got to go first and was able to do a double move to get straight across the river on my weaker left flank. He took the bridge on my right flank too. The dice gods were on his side right through the game. It was so bad it was hilarious we laughed through the game. The only figure I had left on the board was my priestess. No surprise he won the prize for the scenario! Lol - 6-0.
Third game against Chris and he was out for revenge!!! We were chatting before the game, before we knew who we were playing and I told Chris my tactics... You couldn't write it... A double whammy as I struggle against mounted armies. I changed my tactics and totally screwed up... It really was a slaughter. Well played Chris. 6-0.
Final game against Zoe, daughter-in-law of Alan. She had Vikings and charged my centre with berserkers, but my tactics were good and leaving her warlord exposed I forged through to a bloody (on both sides) victory 6-0.
Great fun, but not playing a single game with my Danes from one year to the next is not the best preparation...
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wyvern Wargames SAGA tournament - Saturday 27th February 2016 - by Agincourt - 28-02-2016, 12:15 PM