Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAGA Wyvern Wargames SAGA tournament - Saturday 27th February 2016
Steve you are my hero!

I managed to win 2 and lose 2. First game facing Norse Gaels - tried to cross a bridge against his warlord who sat there like a boss and slaughtered about half my army. Made some bad mistakes against a good player so lost 6 -0.
Second game transporting a wagon against the Jomsvikings I managed to avoid giving him any wrath and sneaked a win 4-2 as he made a mistake last turn so I managed to kil his warlord and priest on the last turn!
Third game I was facing a player who beat me last time - Paul! Managed to win 6-0 on pillage scenario as Paul couldn't hold back the Welsh ponies! He made a big mistake in deployment which I think cost hime the game. I was thinking that if you had deployed everything centrally you would have done better Paul as I had mobility so could avoid your flank force.
Last game facing Rus Princes. Had no idea what they could do and it was an education. He had a superunit of 8 Hearthguard that cost 3 points which rolled across the table annihilating everything - chucked everything I could at it and managed to kill 1 of them! Lost that 6-0.

Enjoyable day once again.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wyvern Wargames SAGA tournament - Saturday 27th February 2016 - by jaqenhgar - 28-02-2016, 10:25 AM