Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAGA Wyvern Wargames SAGA tournament - Saturday 27th February 2016
I played Saracens , and my first game was against former Uk Champ, and tournament organiser Chris Churchill. The plan was to shoot arrows across the river, whilst i crossed both bridges with hearthguard. Unfortunately the Crusaders had other ideas and 8 hearthguard had other ideas. They took out half my army, and the last 2 refused to die, so ended up a 6-0 loss.
Then i played John Fry and his milites christi. John is moderator on the official Saga forum.Again started well, got my baggage over half way before he had moved any, then bad dice throws and he swept across destroying my army. The baggage accounted for over half of his casulties! Another6-0 loss.
Game 3 was against a very nice chap called Ian Brown, and his Vikings. I started off very well charging and destroying a levy unit in turn 1, then surrounded his village with bows and let rip. Another levy unit refused to die , rolling save after save.i charged his attacking units, and forced them back from my village. I managed to get a pillage point, but then the unit was destroyed by berserkers, also wiping them out.The very last activation, he managed to find a way through and just reached my village by 2mm to secure a win! 5-0 loss
Last game was against Wyvern member Ian Gilbraith and his Moors. They have great abilities to activate all his foot units in one go, and stopping me activating my Warlord, or units further than M away, without giving him fatigue. He also had grenade throwers,not much damage but they generate loads of fatigue on the target unit.So my worse game, ad i never got in it at all and lost 6-0.
Like i said earlier, had a really fun time, met great friendly people, and will definitely be back for more next year!
Oh, and if anyone fancies a go, i may sell my Normans. This is a 7 pt warband, dice, and measuring sticks, plus fatigue counters.some weapons missing, so all you would need is the rulebook and battleboard. Pm me if you are interested.
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
You've hopefully received this from Chris Churchill, but for those who haven't here are the tournament standings...

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."