Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Tau rumours
(18-09-2015, 10:57 AM)manrogue Wrote: New crisis suits (and commander suit) are on the way apparently, just not seen the pics yet. The firewarriors kit makes two units from it as well, firewarriors and *something*.

Looking forward to this release!

Also, rules for the KX139 are up on forgeworld and apparently it is awesome for 600 Pts (work blocked so can't check Sad )

Here you go Vince

.pdf   Tau-Kx139-Ta’unar.pdf (Size: 273.81 KB / Downloads: 592)

It's all kinds of awesome, 10 wounds T 9 and a lot of shooting nastiness. Plus a shield that gives it 4+ invun vs shooting and halves the number of wounds from the deathblow result on the D table.

I'm sad for the tyranid forge world models....
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

Cheers Will!

Gargantuan creature so has FnP as well, tasty!

Can see a lot of markerlight combo's working well with it, unless they nerf it in new codex.

Yeah, the Tyranid FW big stuff is mostly poor rule wise which is a shame.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
That thing is ridiculous, one tough SOB! Luckily at £250 I'm not likely to encounter one any time soon! Lol
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(19-09-2015, 09:50 AM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: That thing is ridiculous, one tough SOB! Luckily at £250 I'm not likely to encounter one any time soon! Lol

Indeed. Makes me laugh that the fluff talks about how powerful Daemon Princes are, and how they are granted/blessed with all of these abilities by the dark gods, and the Tau just go and build something that's stronger in about every way ¬_¬
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
LOL GW are like that.. In the fluff Tactical Marines would have 5 wounds and Terminators would be something to fear!

Earlier today I was looking for new rumours on the fabled new tyranid codex. Didn't find any, however I stumbled on this...

Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

This thing is a one man gun line! 8 D6 Str5 AP5 shots! With D-shots as well!

Toughness 6 and a 3+ save with FnP isn't that durable to scatter bike armies, but.. it can hang back because its got a HUUUUGE threat range!

The D on it is useless as it is short range, nothing will finish its move within 10" (bar a failed charge) and you are not going to move it as you want to put the anchors in to fire twice. At Bs3 it needs markerlight support and will eat through markerlights.

Not sure on it at the minute, though the ability to fire 4 S9 Ap3 pie plates at 20"+ sounds nice.

Where have you heard a new nid codex?

Nothing for them this year from what i have read, we have 3 weeks of Tau, then into plastic Horus heresy for however long.
Blood bowl Skaven
(29-09-2015, 11:27 AM)manrogue Wrote: The D on it is useless as it is short range, nothing will finish its move within 10" (bar a failed charge) and you are not going to move it as you want to put the anchors in to fire twice. At Bs3 it needs markerlight support and will eat through markerlights.

Not sure on it at the minute, though the ability to fire 4 S9 Ap3 pie plates at 20"+ sounds nice.

Where have you heard a new nid codex?

Nothing for them this year from what i have read, we have 3 weeks of Tau, then into plastic Horus heresy for however long.

there have been a few mublings of a new codex sometime towards the end of this year/begining of next on a couple of forums. Could be just wishfull thinking by some people though. They mostly concentrate on nids getting the dominatirix (posibly renamed)as a lord of war, and improvements to shadow in the warp, +2, or 2+ global deny the witch, they differ. I dont know much about the sources as its mostly third hand so lots of salt required.

I've got a feeling we are going to get the genestealer cult codex first leading in to new nid codex, though that is purely guess work from trying to read between the lines off the reliable rumour mongers.
Blood bowl Skaven