Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40K 700 points flash league- starts 25th August. Post questions and queries here!
(31-07-2015, 12:30 PM)scoundrel13 Wrote:
(30-07-2015, 01:35 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Would be interested but I'm not back until the 8th Sept. so if it gets delayed then count me in!

Actually Chris, I've also just realised that with the two week gap between league nights, you would still be able to complete the six games, if you used the 15th September as catch-up for two league games.

Ok great!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I've stickied the threads to keep them at the top while the league is ongoing. Smile
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(31-07-2015, 12:42 PM)scoundrel13 Wrote:
(31-07-2015, 12:40 PM)wako1302 Wrote: No flyers.
Limit of 1 Flying Monstrous Creature.

Does this mean the Flying Monstrous Creature cannot fly ?

No flying vehicles. The single Flying Monstrous Creature may fly as normal.

Thanks for pointing this out, I will edit the main rules thread.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just turn the Flying Monstrous Creature into a Jump Unit, otherwise it may be a BIG advantage.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
(31-07-2015, 01:11 PM)manrogue Wrote: I've stickied the threads to keep them at the top while the league is ongoing. Smile

Thanks Vince!
Dropfleet Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 1500pts PHR

Dropzone Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 600pts UCM
PM me anytime to arrange DzC tutorials if you are interested in the game.

Magic the Gathering

UK Dropfleet Champion, Summer Invasion 2017
Warboar Dropfleet Winner, 12.11.17
2nd at Fleet Muster 2, Firestorm Games 10.12.17
Battle for Tlalacon Winner, Beach-Head 2018
(31-07-2015, 01:30 PM)wako1302 Wrote:
(31-07-2015, 12:42 PM)scoundrel13 Wrote:
(31-07-2015, 12:40 PM)wako1302 Wrote: No flyers.
Limit of 1 Flying Monstrous Creature.

Does this mean the Flying Monstrous Creature cannot fly ?

No flying vehicles. The single Flying Monstrous Creature may fly as normal.

Thanks for pointing this out, I will edit the main rules thread.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just turn the Flying Monstrous Creature into a Jump Unit, otherwise it may be a BIG advantage.

With the combined limit on HQ choices being 130pts max, that rules out Greater Daemons, Flying Daemon Princes, and all but the cheapest of Hive Tyrants (I think). Off the top of my head, I can't think of many other factions that can take any kind of FMC.

Besides, you know there will only be one FMC max, and I don't think its too much to ask when the main focus of the game are three objectives, of which an FMC could only dominate one.

Magic the Gathering

A Hive tyrant's 165pts with no upgrades at all. The HQ limits effectivly disallow all of the tyranid HQ's except one Sad Only two are below/at 130; deathleaper who is a unique character(is he banned because of this?), and the tyranid prime who cant even take a basic weapon upgrade to stay below the limit and therefore is pretty useless.
Do we have to take a HQ? I think i could write a nid list without a HQ, but it would suck to be stuck with a upgraded prime.
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

(31-07-2015, 04:47 PM)will Wrote: A Hive tyrant's 165pts with no upgrades at all. The HQ limits effectivly disallow all of the tyranid HQ's except one Sad Only two are below/at 130; deathleaper who is a unique character(is he banned because of this?), and the tyranid prime who cant even take a basic weapon upgrade to stay below the limit and therefore is pretty useless.
Do we have to take a HQ? I think i could write a nid list without a HQ, but it would suck to be stuck with a upgraded prime.

OK... Having looked at the Tyranid codex, I'm changing the limit for Tyranid HQ only to 190 pts. This gives the you choice between a grounded Hive Tyrant with a few upgrades or a Prime with lots of upgrades. I understand the need for Tyranids to have a strong synapse anchor to function, so is this OK?

Magic the Gathering

There are two rules I have issue with for this:

No formations.

This means I have to use a CAD then as the Eldar detachment is a group of formations in the Eldar book. Sad

Level 1 or 2 psykers only.

This means I can't take a Farseer HQ which is level 3. But a fairly standard Eldar HQ choice. Sad
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(01-08-2015, 12:44 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: There are two rules I have issue with for this:

No formations.

This means I have to use a CAD then as the Eldar detachment is a group of formations in the Eldar book. Sad

This means I can't take a Farseer HQ which is level 3. But a fairly standard Eldar HQ choice. Sad

a) Can you not just take 700pts of models from the Eldar Codex? Is the codex nothing but formations? I've been saying no formations because they can give too powerful bonuses for small games, and a good portion of the codices currently do not have access to any formations, leaving them at a disadvantage.

b) A level 3 or 4 psyker is too powerful for 700pts. The point of the league is to do something different to your normal list building, to try different units and tactics. He may be a fairly standard Eldar HQ choice- for larger games. Sorry JJ, I'm not going to shift on this one, as I really don't want powerful HQ choices to dominate 700pt games.

EDIT: I've looked up the Eldar HQ choices, and having seen how amazingly buff the Farseer is... yeah, that's not happening. You still have Spiritseer, Autarch or Warlock Council to choose from.

For the formations, I think it might be best if you show me the Codex at club night and we talk through it, as I'm finding it difficult to understand without having the Codex in front of me. If you really can't choose any models, or no formations severely/ unfairly limits you, then we'll work out some kind of rules compromise for Eldar, Necrons and Khornekin (the three codices who seem to have had formations hard-wired into them).

Magic the Gathering

(01-08-2015, 01:01 PM)scoundrel13 Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 12:44 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: There are two rules I have issue with for this:

No formations.

a) Can you not just take 700pts of models from the Eldar Codex? Is the codex nothing but formations? I've been saying no formations because they can give too powerful bonuses for small games, and a good portion of the codices currently do not have access to any formations, leaving them at a disadvantage.

b) A level 3 or 4 psyker is too powerful for 700pts. The point of the league is to do something different to your normal list building, to try different units and tactics. He may be a fairly standard Eldar HQ choice- for larger games. Sorry JJ, I'm not going to shift on this one, as I really don't want powerful HQ choices to dominate 700pt games.

EDIT: I've looked up the Eldar HQ choices, and having seen how amazingly buff the Farseer is... yeah, that's not happening. You still have Spiritseer, Autarch or Warlock Council to choose from.

For the formations, I think it might be best if you show me the Codex at club night and we talk through it, as I'm finding it difficult to understand without having the Codex in front of me. If you really can't choose any models, or no formations severely/ unfairly limits you, then we'll work out some kind of rules compromise for Eldar, Necrons and Khornekin (the three codices who seem to have had formations hard-wired into them).

Fair enough. I was going to suggest allowing a Farseer but making him level 2 instead of 3 but not to worry I'll take an Autarch and have no psyker. The Eldar can use a CAD like any other army so I'll use that.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.