Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horus Heresy Board/Miniatures games
ah......yeah sounds like a nice way of boosting the GW coffers before christmas. it'll be limited run to make sure it sells out too right?
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
No I imagine it's a core game system. From what I have heard the concept with GW now is
AoS - intro system simplified rules
40k - standard system, more detailed rules
HH - veteran system, aimed at collectors

The LotR/Hobbit should be getting removed form stores, so GW still maintain a three system catalogue, with HH replacing the Tolkein franchises.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I've also heard that this will be a permanent system for GW. Which is good for me I've been contemplating a heresy force for a while, but have to many unpainted miniatures and other things to spend moolah on to justify jumping in. this boxed set might be a Xmas present to myself and with it can just get a few cool toys from forge world to get a "complete" force. Tongue Will wait and see though before committing myself as I'm sure someone at the club will get the boxed set first Wink

Just need to decide on a legion. Thinking Raven guard or night lords, as I love the fluff for both and want a change from blood angels!
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

(28-10-2015, 01:35 PM)Gareth Wrote: No I imagine it's a core game system. From what I have heard the concept with GW now is
AoS - intro system simplified rules
40k - standard system, more detailed rules
HH - veteran system, aimed at collectors

The LotR/Hobbit should be getting removed form stores, so GW still maintain a three system catalogue, with HH replacing the Tolkein franchises.

ah ok, that makes more sense.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Ok I am rather confused. It would appear Bens concerns were correct. Calth is starting to look like a board game. I guess more details will be coming out, maybe it's a board game that can turn into a miniatures game, which would be interesting.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(29-10-2015, 09:15 PM)Gareth Wrote: Ok I am rather confused. It would appear Bens concerns were correct. Calth is starting to look like a board game. I guess more details will be coming out, maybe it's a board game that can turn into a miniatures game, which would be interesting.

The kit seems to be boad game based but the minis are standard GW/FW 28mm. I will be interested in seeing how the game plays but to be honest I (along with half the internet it seems) will be buying a box just for the extra models and how good a deal it is compared to FW.
The initial release is a board game, which the reliable rumour mongers always said it would be. Then going forward the range will be made into a tabletop release, hence why all the sprues are self contained.
LoWG have said how well the board game sells will determine how much they delve into the plastic releases for it.
The units will be released with a card for the unit with stats etc on.
|I think the main system comes out summer next year but but that is pure speculation going from GW previous release schedule
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
...shame they aren't Mk3 Sad I'll probably still pick this up to expand my Iron Warriors into the Heresy. Matt's evangelizing about HH is working on me.
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
(05-11-2015, 10:43 AM)Agent0range Wrote: ...shame they aren't Mk3 Sad I'll probably still pick this up to expand my Iron Warriors into the Heresy. Matt's evangelizing about HH is working on me.

Damn right it is

After all i am Alpharius and everything i do is

(Puts on sunglasses)

Just as planned.

Attached Files Image(s)

Pre-order is up:

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Horu...-Calth-ENG
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."