Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horus Heresy Board/Miniatures games
Credit to Matt for sharing the original link, thought a dedicated thread was due.

I'm hearing November for this and a boardgame leading into a miniatures game but nothing is concrete yet.

Pics-
http://imgur.com/a/r8FRk

[Image: 8KLSkra.jpg]
[Image: S2hbGoM.jpg]
[Image: TjCZywq.jpg]
[Image: i85R5i4.jpg]
[Image: SpHyejj.jpg]
[Image: hRdpIvj.jpg]
[Image: 2tdOJJh.jpg]

Guy on Warseer who shared reckons his mate who works at GW got them to paint.

If anyone else comes across anything, add it here please. Most wargaming sites are work blocked for me now, so i'm not as informed as before. Sad
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Details on sprue seem authentic. Lack of the eagle and weaponry is the correct patterns. Seems promising. Been considering 30k (and by default 40k x) ) more but between Malifaux, Guildball, SAGA, AoS I have enough at the moment.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Hastings has chipped in on Warseer thread-
Quote:
Quote: Scribe of Khorne
So tell me hastings, are we looking at an AoS type moment here, or is GW going to let FW keep steering the HH ship?
If AoS style rules reboots are incoming...in a few months? I'll likely lose my ****.
I don't know TBH, I'll share what I have heard, but this dates back a while as I pay very little interest to GW now.

I heard that 30k HH would be a boxed standalone game (like execution force was) and that the plastics contained within it would go on to form part of a larger 30k range and would be released some time later as individual box sets/clampacks, I was told that rules would be in those boxes, but that some boxes would contain rules for 30k AND 40k (and these boxes have BOTH logos on - yes there is a new 30k logo) so I assume it will be using a different ruleset to 40k (as there would be no point having rules for both systems in boxes if they were both the same). I was also told the plastic assassins would get clampack releases later and be released as part of the main 40k range..... as the box set is pretty much still quite widely available I don't expect this to be soon, although I never had a timeframe in the first case.

As for your AoS style rule reboot question - I remember being told to expect 40k codexes (codices?) to be a thing of the past within 2 years, and that the rules would be in the box for each model/unit, but there would still be a core ruleset which the in box rules would obviously add to. I've not bought any AoS releases (nor do I intend to) so I don't know if they have rules in the boxes (seems daft as when rules got FAQ'd (lol) or changed they'd need to repack ALL the boxes - seems even dafter that anything would actually bother with rules for AoS!!) or just online? I am going to leap to the conclusion that 40k probably WILL become more simplified like AoS, mainly because GW no longer see themselves as rules/games writers but just model sellers. How much more simplified I wouldn't hazard a guess at. Whatever they decide to do you can bet it's in the pipeline already, because myself and Harry were privately discussing the changes to WFB almost 3 years ago - I was told it was being canned and whilst we thought that was not the case and that AoS would be a continuation or refresh of it WFB HAS actually been canned and REPLACED by AoS, so these things are planned well ahead.

FW make huge sales from HH, there was no way that GW weren't going to want in on the action! I expect FW to still produce the big kits/characters/customising kits but GW will provide the bulk of the models needed to play 30k. We can only hope that GW let FW handle the 30k rules/books and they just make the models for it. But keep in mind I was told that when the 30k RANGE hits the stores (not the standalone box game but the actual range) it will take over the store space that used to be taken up by LotR/Hobbit, so GW may want to keep tight hold of the reigns even though they are no longer committed to producing games?

That's probably done very little to answer you, but it's the best I can manage and hopefully slightly informative if only a repost of what I wrote in January.

Quote:lbecks
The character kit has two guys in it. ......
Indeed. Maybe those are the 2 characters from the starter/standalone box that might only be available in that box...... or something

*EDIT.

Having thought about this I think the unit/model rules for 30k & 40k will be online/WD rather than actually inside the box kits (I may have misinterpreted what my source said).

Also I should point out that as I understand it 40k and 30k will be very different games/rulesets, so it may be that 40k becomes like AoS and 30k is handled by FW (although this is just wishful thinking on the behalf of hobbyists the world over!).

Of course I may be completely wrong...... because that happens a lot
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
So sounds like 40k as we know it will be dead in a couple of years? Sad
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
ALL ABOARD THE HERESY TRAIN. CHOO CHOO MOTHER F******.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/blog...FE2B5A1995
Its one of those deals that if the kit turns out to be much cheaper then the normal boxes (£1 a model) then I would be interested, but if its like "execution force" and like a captain and a tactical squad per side for £90 then it can choo choo to the discount bins to hang out with GWs other attempts at a stand along product for me Tongue
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts
Charlie I imagine it's going to be a boxed game rather than an expansion. Expect a big discount, but slightly worse models, over later plastics.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
We now have prices and contents more firmly nailed down... Drum roll please

The box contains

30 tactical marines
5 cataphractii terminators
1 contemptor dreadnough
1 preator (chapter master)
1 chaplain

Plus weapons (bolters, plasma, melta ect) for tac and termis
Minimum 3 arm options for the temptor

For........

£90!!!!!!

Now that sounds like alot of money and it is. But when i started heresy this set up would have cost you over £350 from forgeworld. It is a stonking deal.

I can only say two things.

1) Hell yes!!!!!

2) I think we will see many many many more heresy armies soon.

Welcome to the heresy. *epic metal guitar solo*
if its a game why is only one side included? whats the opposing force?
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(28-10-2015, 12:46 PM)Simian Wrote: if its a game why is only one side included? whats the opposing force?

Its is meant to be WB vs UM at Calth.

Based on whats in the kit and semi balancing i think one side will have

Praetor and 2 x 10man tacticals plus Terminators (most likely ultramarines)

While the other will have

Chaplain, veteran tactcials (either 1 x 10man or 2 x 5 man) plus contemptor (probably word bearers)

That is based on my heresy game play knowledge and pictures that are floating around.