Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Eldar list - 1850
I DEFINITELY noticed those two pages in the new codex detailing the Craftworld warhost..... :/

I quite like where this is going but I'm not entirely happy about having the Windriders in there. Do I have to have a CAD?

Is the CAD there so I can use the Hornets?
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Was just floating an idea mate, go with what you fancy. Yep CAD was for Hornets AND Crimson Hunter, can easily drop to Allied Detachment for just the Hornets, or drop them all and take the Autarch from Command option.

Or vest yet, have a play around with what suits you mate. You don't need to to go down this route at all. Just ideas and different options Smile

(24-07-2015, 05:25 PM)Embolden Wrote: You can then, take a Formation, Detachment, Ally or even a CAD to go with the Warhost Detachment as a second source (although CADs at present have to be the primary source).

Warhost Detachment:
Guardian Battlehost:
1 D-Cannon - 55 (Limited to 1 Weapon Battery)

Two questions on above, you mentioned if I take a CAD that it has to be the primary, why is that? Also that if I take a Vaul's Wrath Support Battery that I can only take one, I assume you mean 1 Battery but with 1-3 guns in it?

(24-07-2015, 10:26 PM)Embolden Wrote: Was just floating an idea mate, go with what you fancy. Yep CAD was for Hornets AND Crimson Hunter, can easily drop to Allied Detachment for just the Hornets, or drop them all and take the Autarch from Command option.

Or vest yet, have a play around with what suits you mate. You don't need to to go down this route at all. Just ideas and different options Smile

No no I like the list I've just got to think how to re-jig it to take out the Windriders really. Might try out with an without Flyer as I feel I'd use the Hornets more than the flyer.

Another question on the Autarch, his ability to +1/-1 from reserve rolls, can I still use that if he is in reserve with the Fire Dragons??
Magic the Gathering

Only one battery mate, the War Walkers and Vypers say Squadron, the Vauls Wrath just say 1 Battery, there is a president from the Canoptek Harvest of only allowing one Spyder.

Its been in the tournament rules mate, not sure about the ones up coming though. CAD has to be primary, if you don't include one, then its the one you're Warlord comes from. Smile

Yep Autarch's ability can be used when he's in reserve. Smile

(25-07-2015, 11:52 AM)Embolden Wrote: Only one battery mate, the War Walkers and Vypers say Squadron, the Vauls Wrath just say 1 Battery, there is a president from the Canoptek Harvest of only allowing one Spyder.

Its been in the tournament rules mate, not sure about the ones up coming though. CAD has to be primary, if you don't include one, then its the one you're Warlord comes from. Smile

Yep Autarch's ability can be used when he's in reserve. Smile

I'd have to disagree on the weapon battery. In each of those three cases it is referred to by the datasheet name. Under the description of the battery it says you may add additional support weapons, not batteries. One battery consists of 1-3 support weapons. Word for word. Unless it's FAQ'd I'm taking 3 lol.
Magic the Gathering

So I'm thinking something along these lines...

Eldar CAD:
Farseer Skyrunner - 100
3 Windriders - 51
3 Windriders - 51
3 Hornets - 6 Pulse Lasers - 240

Warhost Detachment:
Guardian Battlehost:
Farseer - 100
10 Guardians - (free weapon [Eldar Missilie Launcher]) - 90
1 War Walker - 2 Scatter Lasers - 60
1 Vyper - 2 Shuriken Cannons - 50
1 D-Cannon - 55

Heroes of the Craftworld:
Autarch: Fusion - 80

Engines of Vaul:
3 Falcons - 6 Shuriken Cannons - 405

Aspect Host:
5 Fire Dragons - Exarch - 120

Comes to 1837pts.
Magic the Gathering

Looks nice, why the viper, is there anything better you can spend 63pts on? Maybe stick scatter lasers on the wind riders would be better, not sure of the cost though cos I don't have the codex.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(25-07-2015, 02:37 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Looks nice, why the viper, is there anything better you can spend 63pts on? Maybe stick scatter lasers on the wind riders would be better, not sure of the cost though cos I don't have the codex.

A Guardian Battlehost has to have a Vyper Squadron in it.
Magic the Gathering

You could always drop the cad and just go for an allied detachment which means you only have to take 1 wind rider unit of the extra points could be better spent elsewhere? Or even make one big unit of 6 or at scatter lasers :p
Maybe drop the second unit of wind riders and give the second farseer a bike? The possibilities are endless!! Haha