Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Eldar list - 1850
(23-07-2015, 09:28 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: I'm away most of August so will have to wait till September unfortunately

No worries Chris.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Did you find you needed Obsec? I missed it on my Windriders for last turn contesting/stealing objectives from non obsec units.

Vypers/Hornets, I think Hornets add more mate, but its up to you Smile

(23-07-2015, 01:07 PM)Embolden Wrote: Did you find you needed Obsec? I missed it on my Windriders for last turn contesting/stealing objectives from non obsec units.

Vypers/Hornets, I think Hornets add more mate, but its up to you Smile

Now I think through my games there was only the close game against DE where he called off all my obj-sec troops to hold objectives that I missed them really, the rest didn't really have an impact.

Quite tempted by the Guardian Battlehost now tbh...

*Edit: Just realised I can't take the DS Falcons if I take a Guardian Battlehost so that ideas out. Sticking with the CAD.

Did you guys encounter many flyers at the tourney? Out of the 8 games I played, only one other army had a flyer... Just wondering if it's worth dropping my Crimson Hunter Exarch for more Hornets??
Magic the Gathering

I faced two i one list. Happened to be the list that won the tournament so they can't be bad right? He had the hemlocks I think? The ones with the psychic powers and d blasts.
I faced tyranids with 8 FMC's but other than that only 1 flyer - a Valkyrie which was useless.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(24-07-2015, 10:51 AM)Nick1988 Wrote: I faced two i one list. Happened to be the list that won the tournament so they can't be bad right? He had the hemlocks I think? The ones with the psychic powers and d blasts.

Yeah D blasts are mental! Yeah that list did well!

(24-07-2015, 03:14 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: I faced tyranids with 8 FMC's but other than that only 1 flyer - a Valkyrie which was useless.

Yeah I don't think it would matter what you took against 8 FMC's lol
Magic the Gathering

You can dude,
Craftworld War Host Detachment:
Core: Guardian battle host
Auxillary: Vauls Engines or whatever its call, take 3 Falcons in squadron
Auxillary: Aspect host for 3 units of Fire dragons

Only the one detachment
Wink

I faced 7 FMCs vs Nids, then a Guard flyer with a Punisher cannon that was 100% ignored.

It swings in round abouts JJ, if you take a flyer not many people will be preparing to face one..

Going battle host you'd have to go with Allies or Cad to the host if you want Hornets and or Crimson Hunter.

(24-07-2015, 03:52 PM)Embolden Wrote: You can dude,
Craftworld War Host Detachment:
Core: Guardian battle host
Auxillary: Vauls Engines or whatever its call, take 3 Falcons in squadron
Auxillary: Aspect host for 3 units of Fire dragons

Only the one detachment
Wink

I faced 7 FMCs vs Nids, then a Guard flyer with a Punisher cannon that was 100% ignored.

It swings in round abouts JJ, if you take a flyer not many people will be preparing to face one..

Going battle host you'd have to go with Allies or Cad to the host if you want Hornets and or Crimson Hunter.

Sorry Rob, can you explain the detachments thing again, I'm a bit lost as to how I can get it all together in one?
Magic the Gathering

The detachment you want is called: Craftworld War Host (pg94/95 of the Eldar codex), as can you see there are loads of options, they break down into 3 categories:

Core, Auxillary and Command. The detachment has restrictions, at least 1 Core and for each Core you must take at least 1 Auxilliary, but you can take upto 12!! For each core you can take up to 3 optional Command choices. My Cally list was Warhost, Windrider Core, Living Legends, Seer Council and Heroes of the Craftworld as 3 Commands and then my Auxillary was the Rangers.

Basically you're looking at a Core: Guardian Battlehost, Auxillary of Engines of Vaul (Falcons), another Auxillary of an Aspect Host. But you can add in an Autarch or Pheonix Lord, Eldrad etc from the Commands.

This is all one source for tournaments because you're taking the Detachment as a single source.

You can then, take a Formation, Detachment, Ally or even a CAD to go with the Warhost Detachment as a second source (although CADs at present have to be the primary source).

Hope this helps.

I think youre looking at:

Eldar CAD:
Autarch: Fusion - 80
3 Windriders - 51
3 Windriders - 51
2 Hornets - 4 Pulse Lasers - 160
Crimson Hunter Exarch - 160

Warhost Detachment:
Guardian Battlehost:
Farseer - 100
10 Guardians - (free weapon) - 90
1 War Walker - 2 Scatter Lasers - 60
1 Vyper - 40
1 D-Cannon - 55 (Limited to 1 Weapon Battery)

Engines of Vaul:
3 Falcons - 6 Shuriken Cannons - 405

Aspect Host:
5 Fire Dragons - Exarch - 120

Comes to about 1800pts.

Alternatively you can drop the Crimson Hunter and a unit of Windriders to free up 200pts, turning that source into an Allied Detachment, to boost the Vyper numbers and the War Walkers in the Battlehost, the HUUUUUGE benefit to taking the Warhost is they get and all the optional extras gain auto 6" run/battle focus, so you can move out with the Fire Dragons, auto run 6" and have a 24" threat range and or 18" melta threat range to tanks/buildings from something that doesn't scatter... nasty!