Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malifaux Tournament 9th October - Sunday
More info on this from the organiser here: http://forum.redwarsoc.com/showthread.php?tid=350
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Still 7 spots available, if anyone fancies joining me. Then we can duke it out for the wooden spoon.

I think I have settled on my 55ss List

Masters
  • Ramos
  • Colette

Totems
  • Brass Arachnid (Ramos) [2]
  • 1 Mechanical Dove (Colette) [2]
Minions
  • 6 Steampunk Arachnids [6x3=18]
  • Steamborg Executioner [10]
  • Cassandra [9]
  • 2 Coryphee [2x7=14]

Total
55 soul stones

Biggest issue has been trying to find an extra master and fit their models into my minion selection options. I really want a Gunsmith, Hans and Convict Gunslinger for some ranged options, but the extra 1SS cost on minions, plus trying togive Ramos enough to work with, is very difficult. The list is subject to change, probably based on what I can get painted, as the non-painted tournament requirments, means if I can get most of it up to par with my work so far, I am hopeful, of a best painted mention at the minimum.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I'd like to but I won't have anywhere near enough models by that date to play Sad
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
(22-08-2011, 08:27 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: I'd like to but I won't have anywhere near enough models by that date to play Sad
Can probably lend you some models as I won't be playing. Have all the Guild figures except for the Ortegas.

4 places left now...

Ok my list, due to being unable to aquire some items I want, has been modified to this.

Faction - Arcanists

Masters -
1) Ramos Painted
2) Rasputina Painted
3) Colette Du Bois Painted

Totems -
1) Brass Arachnid 2 - 2/55 Painted
2) Essence of Power 2 - 4/55
3) Mechanical Dove 2 - 6/55 Painted

Crew -
1) Coryphée (R2) 7 - 13/55 Painted
2) Coryphée (R2) 7 - 20/55 Painted
3) Steampunk Arachnid 3 - 23/55
4) Steampunk Arachnid 3 - 26/55
5) Steampunk Arachnid 3 - 29/55
6) Ice Golem (R1) 9 - 38/55 Painted
7) Large Steampunk Arachnid (R2/SF M&SU) 5 - 43/55
8) Soulstone Miner (R2/SF M&SU) 6 - 49/55 Painted
9) Convict Gunslinger (R1/Merc) 5+1= 6 - 55/55 Painted

That leaves me 9 models to paint this weekend, so I am ready to rock and roll. Although 6 of those 9 are the Steam Punk Arachnids, and they might take a few seconds each to paint.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Best of luck for tomorrow Gaz Cool
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I may just about need all the luck I can get. Todays game left me without winning any of the 5 initiative flips, and out of a total 34 cards drew into my control hand, 5 were of a greater value than 7,
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Game one lost 8-0. Not getting the hang of this game yet, but rules are sunk in, as not making a huge amount of errors in game mechanics it appears. Which is the first struggle of playing any game system. Having fun, may still get a spoon.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I didn't loose all 3 games. Really enjoyed using Rasputina. May need to work a little on her crew, but dear god are they slow after a Colette based force. Waiting for results but I think I am around 17th out of 20.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Looks like the spoon will have to wait.

Well done on a first attempt, and as we all know it's the taking part that counts 8-)

I shudder to think of the ass whipping I'd receive if I ever took part in a FoW tournament so respect to you Gareth.