Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KX139 Ta'unar
Link to pics - http://imgur.com/a/gXO2q#0

[Image: ID57zmyb.jpg]
[Image: d4ScAiOb.jpg]
[Image: D7DISceb.jpg]
Oh my.....

Quote:OK, I just got back from the event, so after posting the photo earlier, I thought I'd put up some more info that I learned on the day.

Next(?) IA book is still planned to be Tau... possibly against Imperial Knights (plus some Guard tagging along for the fun of it). Unlikely to be out for a while though ("next year"?).

On the big suit...

Rules totally undecided yet, according to Will, the sculptor. So I'm not sure if the ones listed earlier are accurate - though as it's obviously someone else that writes the rules, maybe they've written them and just not told him, it's possible. Smile

The arms and shoulder weapons are all mounted such that they could be swapped out for other weapons. The shoulder weapons are intended as a kind of railgun, but not the same as the "heavy railguns" we've seen on the AX-1-0 for example... he spoke about this at some length, and had some cool ideas how he imagines them working. He figures that the velocity of a railgun like this could be variable: as well as the high-velocity solid rounds we know of from existing railguns, you could fire a different munition at a much lower velocity and "lob" it like a mortar, or even launch a drone-controlled shell. Flexibility was the key word, he said it several times.

The arm weapons are triple-barrelled rotary ion cannons (again, no idea what that means for their rules). The arms on the model he had on display were magnetised (he actually dropped it while I was talking to him and it fell to bits, I panicked but he was like "nah don't worry about it" and put it back together) and the model will be produced with 6mm/8mm holes in it, so you don't even need to drill your own magnet holes. Big Grin

He's sculpted alternate arms already (triple fusion guns of some kind I think), but not any more shoulder weapon systems yet. Because the arms are on a magnetised mount, he isn't tied into them all having the same design, and mentioned that one variant could include a "box" of missiles (SMS/MP style) instead of an actual arm holding a gun. The shoulder systems could be different too - there could be two independent weapons (instead of three on a shared axle mount) and those could also include missiles. He sounds quite keen on drone-guided missiles. Smile

The suit has three pilots, and you may be able to see the three entry hatches on the front in the photo: he imagined the central one to be in charge, with lesser ranks either side, much like a Princeps and Moderati for an imperial Titan.

The model will come on the round base shown as it's the largest plastic base they make! He put this model together without thinking about the base, posed differently it ought to fit the base a little bit better. It's a bit hard to tell from the photos how big this model is - it's big. Warhound big? Much bigger than a Knight, anyway.

Oh - it's "with manufacturing", i.e. finished and ready for production. When it will actually go into production and go on sale, he wasn't sure (that depends on when it fits into the release schedule, when they can write rules for it, etc. and is out of the sculptor's hands).

Overall I personally love the model, though I've seen mixed reactions to it in this thread. However - I'm not sure about the three shoulder guns (makes the model look too much "I hear you like guns with your guns" for my taste). A pair of independent missile racks would look much better IMO, and sounds like something that is very likely on the cards - indeed, it looks really cool if you just leave the shoulder weapon off completely, you don't have to have something there if you don't want to! But the arm and body weapons are really cool IMO. I'm very positive about this, and will be buying one.

Forge world doing their thing and get me excited for Tau again.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(09-07-2015, 10:00 AM)manrogue Wrote: Link to pics - http://imgur.com/a/gXO2q#0

[Image: ID57zmyb.jpg]
[Image: d4ScAiOb.jpg]
[Image: D7DISceb.jpg]
Oh my.....

Quote:OK, I just got back from the event, so after posting the photo earlier, I thought I'd put up some more info that I learned on the day.

Next(?) IA book is still planned to be Tau... possibly against Imperial Knights (plus some Guard tagging along for the fun of it). Unlikely to be out for a while though ("next year"?).

On the big suit...

Rules totally undecided yet, according to Will, the sculptor. So I'm not sure if the ones listed earlier are accurate - though as it's obviously someone else that writes the rules, maybe they've written them and just not told him, it's possible. Smile

The arms and shoulder weapons are all mounted such that they could be swapped out for other weapons. The shoulder weapons are intended as a kind of railgun, but not the same as the "heavy railguns" we've seen on the AX-1-0 for example... he spoke about this at some length, and had some cool ideas how he imagines them working. He figures that the velocity of a railgun like this could be variable: as well as the high-velocity solid rounds we know of from existing railguns, you could fire a different munition at a much lower velocity and "lob" it like a mortar, or even launch a drone-controlled shell. Flexibility was the key word, he said it several times.

The arm weapons are triple-barrelled rotary ion cannons (again, no idea what that means for their rules). The arms on the model he had on display were magnetised (he actually dropped it while I was talking to him and it fell to bits, I panicked but he was like "nah don't worry about it" and put it back together) and the model will be produced with 6mm/8mm holes in it, so you don't even need to drill your own magnet holes. Big Grin

He's sculpted alternate arms already (triple fusion guns of some kind I think), but not any more shoulder weapon systems yet. Because the arms are on a magnetised mount, he isn't tied into them all having the same design, and mentioned that one variant could include a "box" of missiles (SMS/MP style) instead of an actual arm holding a gun. The shoulder systems could be different too - there could be two independent weapons (instead of three on a shared axle mount) and those could also include missiles. He sounds quite keen on drone-guided missiles. Smile

The suit has three pilots, and you may be able to see the three entry hatches on the front in the photo: he imagined the central one to be in charge, with lesser ranks either side, much like a Princeps and Moderati for an imperial Titan.

The model will come on the round base shown as it's the largest plastic base they make! He put this model together without thinking about the base, posed differently it ought to fit the base a little bit better. It's a bit hard to tell from the photos how big this model is - it's big. Warhound big? Much bigger than a Knight, anyway.

Oh - it's "with manufacturing", i.e. finished and ready for production. When it will actually go into production and go on sale, he wasn't sure (that depends on when it fits into the release schedule, when they can write rules for it, etc. and is out of the sculptor's hands).

Overall I personally love the model, though I've seen mixed reactions to it in this thread. However - I'm not sure about the three shoulder guns (makes the model look too much "I hear you like guns with your guns" for my taste). A pair of independent missile racks would look much better IMO, and sounds like something that is very likely on the cards - indeed, it looks really cool if you just leave the shoulder weapon off completely, you don't have to have something there if you don't want to! But the arm and body weapons are really cool IMO. I'm very positive about this, and will be buying one.

Forge world doing their thing and get me excited for Tau again.

I went and its awesome. Designed to resemble a WW2 battleship according to its designer.

I have more photos if you want. Show you on tuesday. Didnt get many as it IS filthy xenos.
I've missed you vince!
Just reading up on the rumours i've missed out on, will try and get things updated on forum lol
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Not normally a fan of those scrawny xenos but this is amazing. I love how it's too big for it's base as well Smile
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
I'm not sure it's got enough guns to be honest....
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.