Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Dark Angels 2015
So new Dark Angels codex out this weekend, will be picking up my copy next week I think.

I am looking forward to dusting off the marines, especially the Ravenwing with the reroll jink - makes them more survivable before they get into assault. Ideally I am hoping the new codex will give a good combined arms approach where you can take all three wings (black, cream and green) nd it not be rubbish!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Re roll jink?! That's awesome!! If it's anywhere near as good as the new marine book your in for a treat!!
2+ rerollable jink with a darkshroud Tongue
40k - Dark Eldar /// Fantasy - Warriors of Chaos
Wow! That alone makes an army good! Lol I can see a lot of dark angel/white scar/thunderwolf combos being used!
The Lions Blade is a lot of fun - full BS overwatch against anything reduces numbers - also, the free transports :-D.

Ravenwing - The detachment wasn't proof read enough, as if you take fliers - you need a separate detachment to play with as they would all start from reserves.

Deathwing - Even worse than before - my DWK will be gathering dust - and finally got them painted!! Smite at 1A... PAH!

Greenwing - AWESOME :-D
Ok so I've tried making a battle company list but I don't have enough transports. I've tried making a Demi company list and just think, why bother for the BS3 over watch rather than BS2, why not just take a CAD, cos then I can have black knights.

I get the impression the ravenwing strike force isn't meant to be taken on its own, but is meant to be taken with greenwing, so that the ravenwing turbo on 2nd turn, or Deathwing where you deploy all the ravenwing first, but don't think sammael is worth 200 pts. Could be really powerful though as the entire strike force arrives turn 2 for a beta strike.

Here's my first try at a list, what do you think? 1850pts but three detachments/formations so might need to rejig if only two are allowed.

CAD: 1370
Interrogator chaplain - bike, mace of redemption 170
Librarian - bike, ml2, force sword, shroud of heroes, melta bombs 125
5 scouts 55
Tactical squad - plasma cannon 85
RW Command squad - 6 black knights, apothecary 270
RW command squad - 6 black knights 240
Vet squad - 5 vets, 1 grav gun, 4 combi grav, drop pod 180
Dark shroud 80
Dark talon 160

Ravenwing Attack Squadron 1: 240
3 Attack Bikes - multi meltas 165
Land speeder - typhoon missile launcher 75

Ravenwing Attack Squadron 2: 240
3 Attack Bikes - multi meltas 165
Land speeder - typhoon missile launcher 75

A second librarian on a bike might be good instead of the int chap but I like the three wounds and 4++ he has plus he is great in combat with the mace and zealot is nice.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Looks tasty!! The dark shroud will give them 2+ re rollable jink?
Yep, and the attack bikes become bs 5 if their land speeder hits their target first. Don't know how good the dark talon will be but a S10 ap2 blast that might become a vortex can't hurt. Think for a tournament more librarians may be needed so I can try and deny invisibility/gate on a cent star list.

Shroud of heroes gives the Libby shrouded if he splits off on his own, as well as FNP for just 10pts.
I think, if you're going to take a darkshroud and land speeders, definitely the support squadron - no overwatch against units, interceptor, strafing run and supporting fire (Raven Shield)... I really want to play a CC heavy army with 2 of those and 1 unit and be like - you actually want to charge?!

Haha.

However, the attack squadron you have in your list - 12" no scatter DS with DWK and a TC IC with MOR.... :-D (AWESOME).

I'd just load up all bikes with GG for the relentless awesomeness..

But on RW Detachment - I really can't make it work, with the Sammael 200pts tax... if he was 160/170, he'd be worth imo.
(25-07-2015, 08:25 PM)Thom Wrote: I think, if you're going to take a darkshroud and land speeders, definitely the support squadron - no overwatch against units, interceptor, strafing run and supporting fire (Raven Shield)... I really want to play a CC heavy army with 2 of those and 1 unit and be like - you actually want to charge?!

Haha.

However, the attack squadron you have in your list - 12" no scatter DS with DWK and a TC IC with MOR.... :-D (AWESOME).

I'd just load up all bikes with GG for the relentless awesomeness..

But on RW Detachment - I really can't make it work, with the Sammael 200pts tax... if he was 160/170, he'd be worth imo.

Yeah the problem I see with the support squadron is when it's shot at it'll jink, then you lose the point of the firepower, can't see the synergy with the dark shroud and the land speeders. Interceptor and strafing run are nice though on the first turn if you go first.

Re the grav guns on bikes, think I will see how the drop pod thing goes - they get 10 shots on turn 1 without being shot at, unless interceptor, compared to 3 bikes with grav guns and combi grav 9 shots but if you don't go first they will either have to jink or they will die 1st turn. I would rather at the mo guarantee the 10 grav shots by using a drop pod. However, could get 3 bikes with 2 grav guns and combi grav for 125pts which is cheaper so a good option.