Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new 40k league
well like i said its all still in the works and im already trying to think about point costs for abilities to give units and the inv save of 3+ seems like a good cap point
(07-07-2011, 06:19 PM)Tyranid daniel Wrote: well like i said its all still in the works and im already trying to think about point costs for abilities to give units and the inv save of 3+ seems like a good cap point
we could make the invulanable only a 4+ for monstorous creatures... and change rapid fire to like 16inch 20inch...

my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
nah im sticking to the guns on the 3 + all round invaunrable save capand basic weapon ranges will stay as they are in rule books to avoid confusion but will allow abilities to be purchased like scout and infiltrate and fearless
just had thought that anyone can join the league at anytime and inclueding a rule that also when say a player who has played say 20 games and gotten a few upgraded sqauds plays a new person to the league point modifiers will be added accordingly to match the people playing

win against stronger player will give an additional 1 point
win against a person who has played many games and gotten lots of upgrades will gain 2 points extra
win against an equal opponent will ive no extra
win against a weaker opponent will deduct 1 point
win when you are playing a new player and you have accumulated a mass of upgrades will lose 2 points from the victory

i know that is confusing but to clear it up here is an example

a player wins aganist someone with no upgraded squads and your units all have say a 2+ sv you will lose 2 points from the victory points this is to stop people farming points from weaker players and so we dont get any disheartened kids who dont like to play cause everyone else is too strong

you can't do that or else the more experienced players just won't get anything out of the battle if they have loads of upgrades but then the other beginner gets more than average...

to me that doesn't sound right but that is my point of view...
my games:
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
I can understand what Dan is trying to do here, as say in 6 months time the league is still going strong and someone new comes along, they are gonna get massacred unless we help ease them in with some incentives. It will also mean they can get on a level playing field faster, meaning them extra points won't last long! Smile
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
ok we could do what dan says but say the people more upgraded people only get penalties if they are a certain amount of upgrades a head
i like the idea of if the new people beat the more improved people though
my games:
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
like ive said if its like one or two upgrades then theres no real need to put modifiers on the points but say you have a few squads with upgrades not just one but say 2 or 3 each then ill start to modify cause why would anyone wanna join in later on with all the players are ubber units and victory will be near impossible