Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frostgrave
(03-09-2015, 09:46 AM)Simian Wrote: there will be a game happening next week, bring some models along and join us.

you'll need, one model to be a wizard, one for an apprentice and the rest if you bring a few options we can work out a full warband

OK cool, 90% chance I will be there, but have to be in Aberdeen Weds/Thurs, so assumes I can get an early flight Weds and not the 8 hour train ride Tuesday (in which case I shall spend 2 days driving!!!)
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
North Star are advertising a nice little starter bundle for Frostgrave: http://northstarfigures.com/prod.php?prod=7733
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I've been tempted to try this game out. Stumbled on a couple of YouTube videos of people playing while I was doing some overdue painting and it looks like fun.
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

I'm sure Ben (Simian) or myself can take you through a game if you fancy it. The spell system is quite good.

I'm free in a couple of weeks?
(07-10-2015, 02:57 PM)Stuart Wrote: I'm sure Ben (Simian) or myself can take you through a game if you fancy it. The spell system is quite good.

I'm free in a couple of weeks?

Yes that would be brilliant. I'm free all the coming weeks currently. I've took the plunge and bought the rulebook from Amazon so can give it a read before hand. And hopefully I've got a few models in my collection that I can proxy as a warband for my first game.
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

Brilliant, I'll pencil us in for October 20th. If Ben is around perhaps he can join us.
(08-10-2015, 09:30 AM)Stuart Wrote: Brilliant, I'll pencil us in for October 20th. If Ben is around perhaps he can join us.

Sounds good to me Big Grin

Osprey are releasing a new game based on Frostgrave later this year: Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago (Available for pre-order from Amazon)

There are a couple of new supplements for Frostgrave due as well:

The Frostgrave Folio - complete collection of all previously released Frostgrave mini-ebook supplements in one printed volume. This includes Hunt for the Golem, a three-scenario campaign in which the warbands hunt down a rogue golem, Sellsword, which introduces rules for experience-gaining captains to help lead warbands, Dark Alchemy, which expands the rules for potions and potion brewing, and Arcane Locations which gives additional options for bases and base upgrades. The book also includes a completely new mini-supplement, The Ravages of Time.

Ulterior Motives - set of cards which add variety, depth, and new tactical challenges to wargames in the Frozen City. Each card presents the player with a specific task to accomplish and offers rewards if they succeed. Some of these missions must be revealed to all of the players, others must be kept secret
Nice little feature on Frostgrave over on GeekDad: https://geekdad.com/2017/01/frostgrave-february
The author is publishing a Frostgrave magazine, first issue available next Friday (June 30th): http://therenaissancetroll.blogspot.co.u...azine.html