Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
War of the Roses 16th/17th May
Hey guys,

So myself and Nick are signed up to War of the Roses @ Sanctuary.

I think there are a couple of tickets left. Anyone interested?

I'm going with Eldar (old codex)

Eldar CAD
HQ1: Farseer (100) Jetbike (15) Mantle of the Laughing God (40) Spiritstones of Anath’lan (15) Runes of Witnessing (15) = [185] (Warlord)
HQ2: Eldrad (210) = [210]
HQa: Warlock (35) = [35] 
Troop1: 5 Dire Avengers (65) = [65] in Transport1
Troop2: 5 Dire Avengers (65) = [65] in Transport2
Troop3: 5 Dire Avengers [65] = [65] in Transport3
Fast1: Crimson Hunter (160) Exarch (20) Bright Lances (0) = [180]
Heavy1: 1 Vaul’s Wrath Support Battery (30) 2 additional support batteries (60) D-Cannon upgrade (75) = [165]
Heavy2: Wraithknight (240) Heavy Wraithcannons (0) = [240] 
Heavy3: Wraithknight (240) Heavy Wraithcannons (0) = [240] 
Transport1: Wave Serpent (115) Twin linked Scatter Laser (5) Ghostwalk Matrix (10) Shuriken Cannon (10) = [140]
Transport2: Wave Serpent (115) Twin linked Scatter Laser (5) Ghostwalk Matrix (10) = [130]
Transport3: Wave Serpent (115) Twin linked Scatter Laser (5) Ghostwalk Matrix (10) = [130]
Total = [1850] 

I'll let Nick share his list Tongue

I'm taking necrons Big Grin
More specifically

Nemesor Zahndrekh 150
Orikan the Diviner 120
Destroyer Lord: Veil of Darkness; Warscythe 155
Overlord: Solar Staff; Resurrection Orb 120
Vargard Obyron 120

10 Warriors 130
10 Warriors 130
5 Immortals 85

3 Tomb Blades: 3× Shield Vanes; 3× Shadowloom 63
3 Canoptek Scarabs 60
5 Canoptek Wraiths: 5× Whip Coils; 5× Transdimensional Beamer 265
3 Destroyers: Heavy Destroyer 130

1 Canoptek Spyder: Gloom Prism 60

1,848 points
Hows the painting going Nick?

I'm getting there.. on Monday I had.. Crimson Hunter to paint and base, 1 D-Cannon and crew to convert, paint and base, Warlock to base and fix up a few models that had been to a few events and needed repair.

I've completed so far... the Crimson Hunter and Eldrad haha.. not much more to go tho.. I've sprayed the D-Cannon and bases for the rest..

Should be finished tomorrow night I reckon.

EDIT:

[Image: 1428C16B-7C56-4325-B1AB-D8A0D8543E53_zpskmqa6w0w.jpg]

[Image: 151BA962-8CDB-475B-80C8-EA4031CAB545_zpsx56urkfv.jpg]

[Image: 6804FEE9-5A84-49C3-BE2C-2DD7A9D315E9_zps4zgp3dl5.jpg]

So back from the event.

First game: Necrons, 20-0 win

Second game: Tau 20-0 loss

Third game: Eldar 13-7 win

Fourth game:Necrons 14-6 Loss

Fifth game: Grey Knights / Marines 11-9 win

Finished 15th out of 40.

Lists and brief report to follow Smile

Well done Rob! 3 wins not to be sniffed at. Looking forward to the report!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Cheers Chris! Smile

Game1: Necrons:
Decurion Detachment:
Reclamation Legion: 5 Immortals in Nightscythe, 10 Warriors in Ark, 10 Warriors in Ark, 3 Tomb Blades with Particle Beamers, Shield Veins and Nebuloscope, 5 Lychguard in Nightscythe, Overlord Voidreaper, Phaseshifter, Gauntlet of Fire.
Command: Crytek with Solar Staff, Zahndrekh, Orikan, Obryon
Auxiliary: 6 Deathmarks and 5 Deathmarks

Deployment:
I won the roll to go first so set up fairly aggressive, putting most things on the deployment zone line with D-Cannons central with Wraithknights, Serpents and Mantleseer flanking. Opponent deployed Tomb Blades with attached Orikan, Obryon, Overlord and Cryptek, and both Ghostarks with Warriors. Zahndrekh went in the Lychguard, Immortals in reserve as are the Deathmarks.

Turn1
Opponent seized... so moved up and put a HP on the Serpent on the left flank with mantlefarseer also taking a wound... totally forgot ignore cover and was super careless!!

I moved about a bit, moving both Wraithknights forward, tried to shriek the Tomb Blades, but missed, the Farseer then turbo boosted off, Wraithknights killed Ark and the other was reduced to 2 HPs thanks to Serpent Shield fire.

Turn2
All but Immortals come in, Lychguard Scythe moves on 36" Lychguard jump out, Deathmarks get aggressive and land 5/6" away from a Wraithknight and don't scatter... characters leave Tomb Blades and deep strike within 2" of Zahndrek so don't scatter and join the squad. These pop the solar pulse, then run to spread out. Deathmarks put 5 wounds on a Wraithknight.

My turn and the Crimson Hunter arrives from reserve and shoots down a Nightscythe, a Tomb Blade survives 3 D-Cannon blasts and a Serpents shooting... The Wraithknights charge the Deathmarks, killing 1 unit outright (ran them down) the other stays locked. Serpents finish off the other Ghostark, mantle farseer moves off for a maelstrom of getting into enemy deployment zone.

Turn3
Lychguard deathstar gets to within 5 and 6" of the Wraithknights ready to charge, the Warriors at the back of the table move up ready to charge the Mantlefarseer, Nightscythe comes on and tries to shoot down the Crimson Hunter but fires through the Wraithknight to give me a 5+ cover (he said it was on purpose??) it does no damage... randomly my opponent then shoots the Solar staff at the unengaged Wraithknight and kills it, meaning he cannot charge the other. Remaining Wraithknight finishes off the Deathmarks. Warriors charge the Farseer who survives with one wound and hit and runs out of combat.

My turn the Wraithknights bounds over cover and readies to charge some Warriors. Serpents begin to move up and start to pick off chunks of units, killing the last tomb blade. Crimson Hunter moves and gets the position to shoot the Nightscythe and does, immobilising it and making it hit the deck!!! Wraithknight charges the Warriors and fails to hit anything haha. Oh and D-Cannons kill off a Lychguard and put a couple of wounds on characters.

Turn4
Lychguard deathstar moves up and fails another charge.. this time 9" to the D-Cannons. Immortals walk on and put another wound on the Farseer. Wraithknight kills a couple of Warriors, they hold.

Wave Serpents start to position for a turn5 jump on objectives. Shoots is ineffective take a hand full of wounds off the deathstar characters in the end all are reduced to 1 wound..

Turn5
Lychguard deathstar moves to charge the D-Cannons, fail a 3" charge with a double1..

My turn and move and turbo to capture every objective (Lychguard and contesting one with the D-Cannons.. thats how close they are lol). Wraithknight fails to hit again and remains locked with the Warriors.

And the game ends to a roll of 2!

I win 27-7 on VPs which is exactly 20-0!

I made a few little mistakes but nothing much, but I feel so rusty at this stage and my opponent was super sharp.. I need to practice more haha. Game2 to follow

Game2

Tau Farsight Enclaves: Ethereal, 3 Battlesuits, 5 Marker Drones, 3 Battlesuits, 5 Marker Drones, 10 Kroot, 3 Broadsides High Yield, SMS, 4 Missile Drones, Precision Shots, 3 Broadsides High Yield, SMS, 4 Missile Drones, Precision Shots, Riptide, Earthcast, Intercept, Heavy Burstcannon.

Fire Support Cadre: 3 Broadsides High Yield, SMS, 4 Missile Drones, Precision Shots, 3 Broadsides High Yield, SMS, 4 Missile Drones, Precision Shots, Riptide, Ion, Earlywarning.

Deployment and game..
Alex won all the rolls, but let me go first, I managed a cheeky charge on some Battlesuits which infiltrated, killed all but a couple of Marker Drones and 1 suit, which managed to flee combat as I rolled a 1.. I then got my army all but taken off the table as a wall of Str7 hit me each turn. In the end I had the mantle farseer (concentrated on killing marker lights and then picked off what I could) and a Serpent and a few Dire Avengers and Alex turned the game from Vanguard Strike to hammer and anvil and walked down the field mopping up my army. It took me to turn4 to kill an entire unit.. in the end I killed off a unit of Battlesuits and both Riptides as he ran them into my army. But it wasn't enough to do anything as he walked away with a 20-0 win!

Nothing much I could have done bar be more conservative with the Wraithknights and last a little longer... but I tried to reach his line with them and I rolled for invis with both Eldrad and mantle seer.. missed with 7 rolls.. which cost me in the end. Had I hit it I felt confident of a win.

Game3
Eldar: Farseer on Jetbike with stones, Spiritseer, 5 Dire Avengers in Serpent, 5 Dire Avengers in Serpent, 5 Dire Avengers in Serpent, 5 Fire Dragons in Serpent, 2 Hornets 4 Pulse Lasers, 2 Hornets, 4 Pulse Lasers, 1 Hornet 2 Pulse Lasers, Wraithknight, 3 D-cannons.

My opponent wins all the rolls and sets up in a long line across the table, so I have place to hide... I deploy both Wraithknights behind cover as its nightfight, Mantle Seer out of LoS to any Serpents and the D-Cannons. Reserving anything else.

Turn1
I then seize, my Warlord trait is perfect, +1 to seize and re-roll reserves.. I kill his Wraithknight with a 6 from mine haha, then await the return hits.. he throws his entire army into one Wraithknight and does 2 wounds...

Turn2
All my reserves arrives and cause absolute carnage.. I take out a Serpent, 3/5 Hornets causing a HP on each of the others, I also shake/stun 2 other Serpents... He hits me back with a bit of stuff but largely does little bar the Plague Drones he summoned last turn which kill a Serpent.

Turn3
My summoned Plague Drones hit his Stunned Serpent wrecking it, I finish off another Hornet and shake another Serpent.
He finished off the Dire Avengers with his Plague Drones as does little else.

Turn4
I charge into his lines now and kill off some Dire Avengers and a Serpent.

He moves up with the Plague Drones towards my objective, he fires his D-Cannons at my Wraithknight killing it with a 6... (it was in the open was dead anyway haha). He gets super lucky with a shaken Serpent hitting my Serpent with 4 shield shots and gets 5,5,5,6.. wrecking it...

Turn5
I'm all over his objective with a Serpent and Plague Drones (mantle seer in reserve if needed).

He scrambles some Dire Avengers towards to his objective but they are out of range. If the game ends I win 17-3..

Game goes on to turn6
I then roll a 1 with the Plague Drones which are about to block his Avengers off... I have my objective all sown up. I kill his Farseer and my exarch hunter rolls tripple 1 and 1 to wound the Dire Avengers in the open.. the Farseer doesn't bother to charge just stays to contest his objective.

He takes his objective and the game ends.

I win 13-7

Game4: Necrons: Decurion
Reclamation: Zahndrekh, 17 Warriors, 10 Warriors in Ark, 10 Warriors in Ark, 5 Immortals, 3 Tomb Blades, Particle Beamers, Shield Veins.
Canoptek Harvest: Canoptek Spider, 6 Wraiths Whip Coils, 6 Scarabs
Canoptek Harvest: Canoptek Spider, 6 Wraiths Whip Coils, 6 Scarabs

My opponent wins the rolls again and chooses first turn, I fail to seize. Relic.
He runs the Wraiths next to the Relic, and down my left flank. I charge both Wraithknights into the Wraiths hoping to kill them in a turn or two before the Scarabs become too big.

This fails.. Those 6 Wraiths hold up my Wraithknights until turn5 when my Knight finally falls..

The only thing thats kept me in this game is summoning Screamers onto the relic for 2 turns as the second Wraith unit runs through the rest of my army as I have nothing to hold it up.. the only wound I do to it is with a Warlock.... In the end I lose 14-6. Any other mission and its practically as 20-0...

This game leaves me much to ponder..

Game5 and my most fun game.

Grey Knights with Space Marines.
Libby Lvl3, 7 Terminators, 2 Dreadknights and Draigo, Tiggy, 5 Scouts and 6 Centurions.

I get careless twice in this game and it costs me massively!!

Basically I move into charge range of a Dreadknight turn1 with a Wraithknight thinking I'd kill it with shooting, but he passed all his 2+ saves (about 8 or 9) and 2 instant death 6's from a Wraithknight.. yeah hes unlikely to live.. but I have 36" range.. he casts force and kills the Wraithknight with ease. I do kill the scouts and second Dreadknight in my turn1.

He deep strike the terminators into my backfield on his turn1 and moves the Centurions forwards along with the surviving Dreadknight which kills my Wraithknight as above, the centurions kill my other knight..

My turn2
I kill off 5/7 terminators and the second Dreadknight.

the rest of the game is me avoiding the death star.. but the game goes all the way to turn7 and my opponent gets some very lucky maelstrom cards.. like the draw on turn5 with one card he gets kill a flyer and as I'd moved my flyer to block off an objective he gates over, kills that, gets a KP and its scouring so scores 3 points.. in the end he gets enough KPs and Maelstrom and kills enough to get me off a few objective, leaving me with a narrow win 11-9!

Overall I enjoyed the last few games with the codex!

I need to practice more as SOOOO much has changed in the meta since cally,

Necrons and Eldar are going to dominate, so people going to cally in July, best get prepared! Its going to be messy! With amazingly durable Necrons and super shooty Eldar! Plus new Imperial Knights! (5 Imperial Knights)

In the end I finished 15th with 3 wins and 2 losses.

I fell short of my personal objective for 60pts. So room to improve.