Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help
Wink 
I need help I want to start playing warhammer 40k so I need to know what to buy and do to start playing also I will need someone who don't mind playing a new player or winning
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.

Alexander the Great

I put this in the other thread you started-
Want army was you looking at running?
The basics for 40K are (its expensive from scratch!)-
Rulebook
tape measure
dice
templates
codex and army

anything else you need to know drop it here and me or someone will be happy to help. Smile

I'll close the other thread to keep it all in one thread.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
As Vince said - getting into it is pricey but it can be done. eBay is your friend!

I'm sure there are many 40k players with multiple armies who can set up a small game for you to have a go at, before buying anything - myself included.
If I'm around next Tuesday I can bring two armies along and everything we need to have a little trainer game if you'd like? :-)
40K - Tyranids (4500 Points) & Chaos - The Purge and the Brazen Host (8500 Points)
30K - Death Guard (2000ish Points), Sons of Horus (175 Points because Loken) + World Eaters, soon.
Project Log
"Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabid dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness."
(20-04-2015, 09:30 AM)Dedwoods42 Wrote: As Vince said - getting into it is pricey but it can be done. eBay is your friend!

I'm sure there are many 40k players with multiple armies who can set up a small game for you to have a go at, before buying anything - myself included.
If I'm around next Tuesday I can bring two armies along and everything we need to have a little trainer game if you'd like? :-)

I would like that but it will not be there till the 5th as I am volunteer
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.

Alexander the Great

Cracking, as long as Escalation isn't on and I have transport I'll be up on the 5th and will bring two small, fairly balanced armies :-)
40K - Tyranids (4500 Points) & Chaos - The Purge and the Brazen Host (8500 Points)
30K - Death Guard (2000ish Points), Sons of Horus (175 Points because Loken) + World Eaters, soon.
Project Log
"Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabid dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness."
(20-04-2015, 02:43 PM)Dedwoods42 Wrote: Cracking, as long as Escalation isn't on and I have transport I'll be up on the 5th and will bring two small, fairly balanced armies :-)

Thank you very much I'm looking forward to it

Alexander the Great