Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 12th July 2011
(06-07-2011, 12:48 AM)stygmatyr Wrote: I shall ne giving tom and Haley a warmahordes tutorial, tom with Khador and Haley with legion of everblight. Best get some reading done so I'm up to date on what the legion can actually do Smile
will it be a fair fight hordes vs wamachine?

my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
(06-07-2011, 04:19 PM)Dark Wolf Wrote: will it be a fair fight hordes vs wamachine?

Yeah, it would be perfectly fair, as it's a bit like Tyranids vs Imperial Guard in Warhammer 40k, as HORDES are all fleshy with their warbeasts instead of warjacks (like Tyranids), whereas WARMACHINE is just like Impeerial Guard with the armour and stuff.
(06-07-2011, 10:30 AM)stygmatyr Wrote: We'll ask him tonight but I don't see any reason why not, PoM v PoM, could be an interesting game to watch

If my Wayland models don't turn up, then I may have to proxy in some stuff, and (if I get desperate) I might have to go a bit bonkers with the proxying Big Grin.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
(06-07-2011, 04:19 PM)Dark Wolf Wrote:
(06-07-2011, 12:48 AM)stygmatyr Wrote: I shall ne giving tom and Haley a warmahordes tutorial, tom with Khador and Haley with legion of everblight. Best get some reading done so I'm up to date on what the legion can actually do Smile
will it be a fair fight hordes vs wamachine?

It will be a fair fight, both battleboxes come to 11pts, and the rule system is the same, with the exception of focus/fury but I can explain that more when you play. I know the rules for all the models you'll both be using, so as well as teaching you the rules i'll be giving you both advice on what to do

WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

Just wondering, if Mike can play, then would we possibly be able to take it up to 35pts, as I'd like to see how all of my models go with each other, and if things like the Covenant of Menoth helps my Blessing of Vengeance, and if my TFG will be any good alongside my Repenter, both with the Fire continuous effect. Just wondering, as I know that Justin and Simon got one in in just under 3hrs, so maybe we could get one in in around that time. If it's not possible, then I'll be alright, I'll just alternate my models between battles, so either way I'm good.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
if my dad doesn't have a game would he be able to come on my side agenst hayley for the tutorial as it means he might go 50% 50% of the money to get rulebook prime mrk 2...
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
(06-07-2011, 07:05 PM)Luke the Squig Wrote: Just wondering, if Mike can play, then would we possibly be able to take it up to 35pts, as I'd like to see how all of my models go with each other, and if things like the Covenant of Menoth helps my Blessing of Vengeance, and if my TFG will be any good alongside my Repenter, both with the Fire continuous effect. Just wondering, as I know that Justin and Simon got one in in just under 3hrs, so maybe we could get one in in around that time. If it's not possible, then I'll be alright, I'll just alternate my models between battles, so either way I'm good.

Our game only took 2 hours as we finished quite early and took a bit of time setting up so it is more than possible to get 35pts done in the time limit. I was still learning how Retribution play too and more then 50% of the models I took were my first time fielding them, so it is easily do-able.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
(06-07-2011, 07:07 PM)Dark Wolf Wrote: if my dad doesn't have a game would he be able to come on my side agenst hayley for the tutorial as it means he might go 50% 50% of the money to get rulebook prime mrk 2...

Your dad would be able to watch and give you tactic advice (although i will already be doing that), but he wouldn't be able to play as the battlebox is made for one player, you'll understand how it works more when you play
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

(06-07-2011, 07:05 PM)Luke the Squig Wrote: Just wondering, if Mike can play, then would we possibly be able to take it up to 35pts, as I'd like to see how all of my models go with each other, and if things like the Covenant of Menoth helps my Blessing of Vengeance, and if my TFG will be any good alongside my Repenter, both with the Fire continuous effect. Just wondering, as I know that Justin and Simon got one in in just under 3hrs, so maybe we could get one in in around that time. If it's not possible, then I'll be alright, I'll just alternate my models between battles, so either way I'm good.

Alas, my fellow acolyte I will be helping Gaz and Rach on their game.
They say dead men tell no tales, but a burning man sure does scream a lot.
I was originally thinking of working out the rules for Malifaux with Stu and Simin R. What if I lend Paul my Cryx, and you teach Paul the basics and help Rach with the finer points, Sir Mickachu. Would that suit all parties involved?
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Just to throw another option into the pile, Luke is also up for a WFB game (as are Andy P. and Harvey I think) so if Paul fancies some WFB action then we have enough players to arrange a couple of games.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."