Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Warhammer 40K Caledonian Revolutions 2015
Just thinking of Eldar lists, had it confirmed I can take 1 Wraithknight..

Currently running through 100's of lists..

(30-04-2015, 10:57 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: OK have not had any games with the necron lists yet but I was worried about lack of dealing with big bad tanks early game as i foot slog across the board, so to remedy that I am thinking about some Come the Apocalypse Allies:

Necron CAD:
Orikan (Warlord, joins shields and swords)
Lord - res orb, solar staff (joins warscythes)
10 warriors - Ghost Ark
10 Warriors - Ghost Ark
10 Lychguard - warscythes, Night scythe
10 Lychguard - hypephase swords and dispersion shields
6 Wraiths - 5 whip coils

Dark Angels Alied Detachment:
Librarian - combi-melta, ml2
Tac squad - combi-melta, meltagun, drop pod

I was actually thinking of something similar with white scars but I think the destroyers in my list can deal with a tank a turn providing I can get into range. Ghost arks and warriors are great at grinding down tanks but I guess it's not that reliable. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go decurion to give the wraiths re animation, 4+ to across the army and give the destroyers re roll wounds/ armour pen. List looks like........

Nemesor Zahndrekh 150
Orikan the Diviner 120
Destroyer Lord: Veil of Darkness; Warscythe 155
Overlord: Solar Staff; Resurrection Orb 120
Vargard Obyron 120

10 Warriors 130
10 Warriors 130
5 Immortals 85

3 Tomb Blades: 3× Shield Vanes; 3× Shadowloom 63
3 Canoptek Scarabs 60
5 Canoptek Wraiths: 5× Whip Coils; 5× Transdimensional Beamer 265
3 Destroyers: Heavy Destroyer 130

1 Canoptek Spyder: Gloom Prism 60

1,848 points
All the characters join the wraiths and leap forward to try n get a cheeky instant death on something with the trans beamers. Turn two they should be able to charge n kill whatever they want. If not I have the veil as a second teleport which wan be used to escape combat too. The weaker stuff just sits back and defends my rear while the wraiths and destroyers try to take over the middle of the board.

Any thoughts?
(30-04-2015, 03:42 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: All the characters join the wraiths and leap forward to try n get a cheeky instant death on something with the trans beamers. Turn two they should be able to charge n kill whatever they want. If not I have the veil as a second teleport which wan be used to escape combat too. The weaker stuff just sits back and defends my rear while the wraiths and destroyers try to take over the middle of the board.

Any thoughts?

Nasty unit, lots of inv., rerolling 1's, reanimation on 4+ rerolling 1's etc! I'm guessing that Zahndrek is the warlord?

My only concern would be you have got points in stuff that's not that good - scarabs, tomb blades are ok but i wasn't that impressed when i tried them out - prob not using right though - 5 immortals. Also to give the wraiths reanimation you need to be within 12" of the spyder, so that spyder is going to be top of the list to kill and he's going to have to move forward as fast as poss to stay in range so might have to venture into sight of enemies guns...

However, you do very well with deathstars like this so I'm sure you have a plan!

Are they allowing the D-scythe Wraithguard unit that doesn't scatter with a dark eldar wwp - could ruin your day?

Otherwise, that unit looks virtually impossible to take down!

Instead of the allies, I have also thought about a unit of 10 deathmarks to take out/hurt any deepstriking units that could threaten my stuff - 20 SX rending shots are pretty nice but not sure they will be worth it, or considered 3 x 1 heavy destroyers to pop up and shoot tanks, and also take an aegis line with comms relay to virtually guarantee the night scythe comes in turn 2.

Will have to try both CAD and the Decurion detachment to see which I like better.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
So had another practice of the necron list against Thom's Ravenwing yesterday. Managed to seize the initiative after he scouted forward which may have helped me a bit Smile but overall went quite well. The dark angel allies failed to destroy a speeder when they deep struck and just got shot up, but I guess they diverted firepower from other stuff, not sure about them, if they stay I will drop the ml 2 from the Libby and see if I can use those pts elsewhere.
The sword and shield lychguard unit didn't kill a single thing all game as they failed 3 charges! However they shrugged off everything Thom threw at them which included a lot of plasma and sat in the middle of the table so was great board control.
Orikan allowing re rolls of 1 was great. The warscythe unit again did not see combat but sat on an objective all game, ravenwing are pretty good at avoiding combat with 12" move and hit and run...need to remember that they need to stay in cover as they are nowhere near as tough as the shield unit.
The ghost arks and warriors took and held three objectives on the other side of the board and dealt with the ravenwing troops pretty effectively.
Wraiths held up two units of black knights for two whole turns.

I felt I needed some more long range punch so am considering this list to try next:

(CAD)
Orikan (Warlord, joins shields and swords)
10 warriors - Ghost Ark
10 Warriors - Ghost Ark
10 Lychguard - warscythes
10 Lychguard - hypephase swords and dispersion shields
6 Wraiths - 5 whip coils
1 Heavy destroyer
1 Heavy destroyer
1 Heavy destroyer
Royal Court Formation:
Lord - res orb, nightmare shroud (joins warscythes)
Cryptek - solar staff (joins warscythes)
Overlord - res orb, warscythe (joins shields and swords)

3 separate jet pack mounted las cannons with preferred enemy, more protection for the two lychguard units, and the ability to jump them across the board once a game and pop the solar pulse at the same time, in exchange for dropping a 10 man warrior unit and the dark angels allies.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Destroyers seems ace! Gone with a destroyer cult in my war of the roses list so I'll let you know how it does! Also having a destroyer lord in any unit gives the whole unit prefered enemy which could be tasty! Just an idea Smile
Destroyer Lord + Wraiths from their Formation - utterly, utterly horrifying
40K - Tyranids (4500 Points) & Chaos - The Purge and the Brazen Host (8500 Points)
30K - Death Guard (2000ish Points), Sons of Horus (175 Points because Loken) + World Eaters, soon.
Project Log
"Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabid dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness."
(06-05-2015, 12:51 PM)Dedwoods42 Wrote: Destroyer Lord + Wraiths from their Formation - utterly, utterly horrifying

That's the plan!! Ohh and zahndrehk with his 2+ re rollable save from Orikan........ And two teleports from Oberon and the veil haha. I do love a good Death Star! Smile just not sure on the res of my army but hey!
Vicious! With you there... Phylactery, Phase Shifter and Voidreaper or Warscythe + Nightmare Shroud... Ludicrously expensive but Khorne save anything it touches short of a Wraithknight or a Dimachaeron.
40K - Tyranids (4500 Points) & Chaos - The Purge and the Brazen Host (8500 Points)
30K - Death Guard (2000ish Points), Sons of Horus (175 Points because Loken) + World Eaters, soon.
Project Log
"Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabid dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness."
So hadd a good game against 5 Imperial Knight list. The Necrons were able to shrug off most of the firepower but struggled to do anything at range themselves. However the warscythe unit was amazing - cleaved through three knights on their own and won me the game. Hitting before two of the knights who had power fists helped, and the knights died before they could stomp the unit. Strength D and stomp are only really scary if he rolls a six - removed two wraiths with one stomp!

This is the list I tried:

Decurion
Reclamation Legion:
Zahndrek
2 x 10 Warriors, 1 with Ghost Ark
5 Immortals - gauss
3 tomb blades - nebuloscopes
10 Lychguard - war scythes
8 Lychguard - shields and swords
Canoptek Harvest:
6 Wraiths - 5 whip coils
3 scarabs
Spyder
Royal Court:
Overlord - warscythe, res orb, veil of darkness
Lord - solar staff
Orikan

Didn't use the veil, might drop it. Solar staff was good and kept the warscythe unit alive for a turn. Wraiths held up a knight for a turn but didn't do much else. Shield and sword unit similarly was a bit useless in thus game but soaked some firepower with their 3++ and were alive end game. Orikan was not that great this time- even empowered he only glances a knight on a 6 but was fun with him going toe to toe with one, trading blows until he ran away!

Zahndrek's abilities were nice, used reroll 1's when shooting then switched to fearless/ IWND or furious charge later on. Not convinced he's needed though.

The decor ion is worth it though, survivability is great and the three small units it means you have to take (scarabs, tomb blades, immortals) can be holding objectives/ turboing to seize while the rest of the stuff does the fighting.