Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Warhammer 40K Caledonian Revolutions 2015
Love the lists guys!! The dark eldar one looks horrific! Lots and lots of hulls which basically ignores all strength 4 shooting and makes s5 and 6 pretty ineffective. I played against a very similar list to jjs the first game of the last Caledonian and got my ass handed to me! I think he had the forge world barrage grav tanks instead of falcons but other than that it's the same (I think). Deffo up for some practise games though!!

Have you had a chance to look through the new necron book yet Chris?
(08-04-2015, 10:05 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote:
(08-04-2015, 09:39 PM)Embolden Wrote: Not crap JJ, honestly. I like it! 4 serpents, Crimson hunter and 2 Falcons is solid fire power!!

Just to check.. It is a crimson hunter exarch with Bright lances right?

Not forgetting the hornets and infantry as well.

What weapon platforms are the guardians rocking? Also what powers are you looking for on the farseer? Smile

You think it's worth paying for the Crimson hunter exarch? No points for weapons platforms really, I'd normally give them Shuriken Cannons or Starcannons though.

With the Farseer I just kind of play it by ear. Usually Doom and Guide I guess.

I do mate, BS5 and re-rolling to pen against other flyers for 20pts in worth it IMO.

(09-04-2015, 09:03 AM)Embolden Wrote:
(08-04-2015, 10:05 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: You think it's worth paying for the Crimson hunter exarch? No points for weapons platforms really, I'd normally give them Shuriken Cannons or Starcannons though.

With the Farseer I just kind of play it by ear. Usually Doom and Guide I guess.

I do mate, BS5 and re-rolling to pen against other flyers for 20pts in worth it IMO.

Cool, will do then. Any advice for the Farseer?
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(09-04-2015, 10:42 AM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: Cool, will do then. Any advice for the Farseer?

I do.. get him a Jetbike, Mantle and Spiritstone of Anath'Lan for WC1 casting and a 2+ re-rollable cover save. I would look for Guide, Prescience and Shriek. Three Primaris powers..

Or same load out, if could borrow or have painted Daemons, Malefic is the best way to go, even one Farseer can throw most of its dice at a WC2 Summon or can use Guardians to Sacrifice a Lvl1 Tzeentch Herald with a Portaglph from, to get Horrors (free WC) from from. Screamers/Plague Drones are awesome as well. Daemonettes are great!

If you're keen to take him on foot.. I would keep as is.. Farseers in tanks don't do much mate. Blush

Can't afford all that for the Farseer unfortunately :/
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(08-04-2015, 10:33 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: Have you had a chance to look through the new necron book yet Chris?

Yeah been looking through it, thinking of 10 Lychguard (warscythes) in a Night Scythe with attached Lord (res orb, warscythe, gauntlet of the conflagrator) and a cryptek with solar staff. 585 pts for that, then fill the rest with that wraith formation, a firebase of warriors and triarch stalker and some tomb blades for ignores cover.

Not totally set on a list to try yet, also very tempted by my Dark Eldar, will post a couple of lists at the weekend.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(10-04-2015, 09:31 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote:
(08-04-2015, 10:33 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: Have you had a chance to look through the new necron book yet Chris?

Yeah been looking through it, thinking of 10 Lychguard (warscythes) in a Night Scythe with attached Lord (res orb, warscythe, gauntlet of the conflagrator) and a cryptek with solar staff. 585 pts for that, then fill the rest with that wraith formation, a firebase of warriors and triarch stalker and some tomb blades for ignores cover.

Not totally set on a list to try yet, also very tempted by my Dark Eldar, will post a couple of lists at the weekend.

Nasty looking list! I like Lychguard! Solar Pulse is nasty when you have to snap fire for a turn at a deathstar thats going to be on your door step..

Is it worth getting an Aegis/Bastion and a Comms relay to arriving turn2 very reliable? I have both you can borrow if needed. Smile

@JJ

You'd have to shuffle some things about to find the points, Shuriken Cannons will mostly be snap firing anyway I found Wink but its up to you and your play style bud.

I really like the list how it stands, I don't think the Farseer is optimised, but it adds Psychic defence from inside a tank.

Depending how often it sees daylight, I would be tempted by a Spiristone anyway.
I think I would go for Shriek, Guide and Prescience, when its drops out you can Prescience (WC1) the unit your in, Guide another and then Shriek a unit/MC nearby and that can be a separate unit to the one you want to shoot.

(08-04-2015, 06:33 PM)nothin_but_the_rain Wrote: List1:

CAD:

HQ1: Archon - Blaster, Web Way Portal

Elite1: 5 Kabalite Trueborn - Dracon, Blast Pistol, 4 Blasters (Transport1)

Troop1: 10 Kabalite Warriors (Transport2)
Troop2: 10 Kabalite Warriors (Transport3)
Troop3: 10 Kabalite Warriors (Transport4)
Troop4: 5 Kabalite Warriors, Blaster (Transport5)
Troop5: 5 Kabalite Warriors, Blaster (Transport6)

FA1: 9 Reavers - Arena Champion, Agoniser, 3 Cluster Caltrops
FA2: 3 Reavers - Heat Lance
FA3: 3 Reavers - Heat Lance

HS1: Ravager - 3 Dark Lances, Nightshields
HS2: Ravager - 3 Dark Lances, Nightshields
HS3: Ravager - 3 Dark Lances, Nightshields

Transport1: Raider - Dark Lance, Nightshields
Transport2: Raider - Dark Lance, Nightshields, Splinter Racks, Enhanced Aethersails
Transport3: Raider - Dark Lance, Nightshields, Splinter Racks, Enhanced Aethersails
Transport4: Raider - Dark Lance, Nightshields, Splinter Racks, Enhanced Aethersails
Transport5: Venom - Additional Splinter Cannon
Transport6: Venom - Additional Splinter Cannon

Total: 1850pts

I can't decide between the first and second list. Either 15 Reavers or 2 Razorwings. Does anyone have any advice or better ideas...?

(08-04-2015, 06:33 PM)nothin_but_the_rain Wrote: List2:

CAD:

HQ1: Archon - Blaster, Haywire Grenades, Web Way Portal

Elite1: 5 Kabalite Trueborn - Dracon, Blast Pistol, 4 Blasters (Transport1)

FA1: Razorwing - 2 Dark Lances, Splinter Cannon, Nightshields
FA2: Razorwing - 2 Dark Lances, Splinter Cannon, Nightshields

Transport1: Raider - Dark Lance, Nightshields, Enhanced Aethersails
Transport2: Raider - Dark Lance, Nightshields, Splinter Racks, Enhanced Aethersails
Transport3: Raider - Dark Lance, Nightshields, Splinter Racks, Enhanced Aethersails
Transport4: Raider - Dark Lance, Nightshields, Splinter Racks, Enhanced Aethersails

40k - Orks
List1 in my opinion, you need something to block fast assault armies from getting into combat with your vehicles, so that nine man unit can conga line infront if needed.

Plus I really like the fact they're super quick so are great for Maelstrom while Razorwings cannot claim at all. I'm also fairly certain there will be distinct lack of flyers about so I don't think Anti-flyer will be needed.

MSU is very strong at the moment so the more units that can claim/contest objectives the better imo.

Any chance you can get Heat lances on the 9man unit of Reavers? They are combat unit, but if you're deep striking them then heatlances into the rear of a tank could be nice (I know you're likely to deep strike the trueborn).

I'm no DE expert tho.. just observations from other lists.

(10-04-2015, 06:27 PM)Embolden Wrote: List1 in my opinion, you need something to block fast assault armies from getting into combat with your vehicles, so that nine man unit can conga line infront if needed.

Plus I really like the fact they're super quick so are great for Maelstrom while Razorwings cannot claim at all. I'm also fairly certain there will be distinct lack of flyers about so I don't think Anti-flyer will be needed.

MSU is very strong at the moment so the more units that can claim/contest objectives the better imo.

Any chance you can get Heat lances on the 9man unit of Reavers? They are combat unit, but if you're deep striking them then heatlances into the rear of a tank could be nice (I know you're likely to deep strike the trueborn).

I'm no DE expert tho.. just observations from other lists.

Cheers for the tips. I was hoping the first list would be the favoured one as I love the look of Reavers! I have never played with or against Dark Eldar so I will need to get plenty of practice in. I can drop the Enhanced Aethersails from the 3 Raiders and change the Blast Pistol on the Dracon to Haywire Grenades to free up the points for 2 heat lances on the 9 man Reaver squad. So it would look like this:

List1:

CAD:

HQ1: Archon - Blaster, Haywire Grenades, Web Way Portal

Elite1: 5 Kabalite Trueborn - Dracon, Haywire Grenades, 4 Blasters (Transport1)

FA1: 9 Reavers - Arena Champion, Agoniser, 3 Cluster Caltrops, 2 Heat Lances
FA2: 3 Reavers - Heat Lance
FA3: 3 Reavers - Heat Lance

Transport1: Raider - Dark Lance, Nightshields
Transport2: Raider - Dark Lance, Nightshields, Splinter Racks
Transport3: Raider - Dark Lance, Nightshields, Splinter Racks
Transport4: Raider - Dark Lance, Nightshields, Splinter Racks

I am toying with the idea of planning on going second so my Deep Striking units have feel no pain before anyone gets to shoot at them. Any thoughts on that? It would also depend on how much line of sight blocking terrain is used in the tournament.
40k - Orks