Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Warhammer 40K Caledonian Revolutions 2015
You actually came 54th Chris Big Grin

Link to results on Facebook (hopefully works)
results photos linky

[Image: 11700936_1863235503902537_7402538397869211679_o.png]

[Image: 11411907_1863235493902538_7703476969269322059_o.png]

[Image: 11411886_1863235497235871_1673606389790907154_o.png]

[Image: 11056573_1863235490569205_4935079157936559283_o.png]
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

Cool, thanks Will!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I'm glad to say I had a really enjoyable weekend, much more fun than I expected to be honest. Considering it was my first tournament I think coming 60th out of 84 was a pretty good result. Out of 5 games had 1 heavy loss, one loss but hard fought, two very close losses which could of gone either way at the end, basically draws and one heavy win.

Caledonian Open 2015 - 1,000pts

Game 1: Table 15 Vs. Colm McCarthy (Eldar) 0-20 Loss
Mission 1
Objective #1: Eternal War: Big Guns Never Tire - 5 Objectives (3 Victory Points each)
Objective #2: Maelstrom of War: Tactical Escalation
Deployment: Hammer and Anvil

Against a Wraithknight, Farseer on Jetbike, 3 Hornets and a couple jetbike squarons. Pummelled me from a far. Colm was a great guy though, very sporting.

Game 2: Vs. Sam Madadi (Space Wolves - with Legion Fellblade...) 0-20 Loss
Mission 2
Objective #1: Eternal War: Crusade 4 objectives (3pts each)
Objective #2: Maelstrom of War: Cleanse and Control
Deployment: Vanguard Strikes

Against some Space Wolves with a Legion Fellblade, that thing is brutal. Destroyed anything it could see. My Anti-tank got popped on turn 1.

Game 3: Vs. Mark Hinson (Astra Militarum - with Baneblade...) 11-9 Win
Mission 3
Objective #1: Eternal War: Emperor’s Will (4 VPs each)
Objective #2: Maelstrom of War: Contact lost (players only generate 1 maelstrom turn 1 no matter how objectives)
Deployment: Dawn of War

Against some Astra Militarum with a Baneblade. I was pretty lucky here as my Fire Dragons took out the Baneblade on Turn 2 (at the cost of their lives admittedly - totally worth it!).

I finished 10th . . . out of 10. Won the "wooden spoon" which was a Dreadball team, not too shabby at all! Will finished 8th.

Caledonian Revolutions 2015

Game 1: Table 15 Vs. James Spiller (Centurion Star) 9-11 Loss
MISSION 1
Objective #1: Eternal War: Big Guns Never Tire - 5 Objectives (3 Victory Points each)
Objective #2: Maelstrom of War: Tactical Escalation
Deployment: Hammer and Anvil

James was a noob to the tournament scene like me. Great guy, very sporting. Rocking a scary list with teleporting Centurions. Still getting used to it though I think as it was fairly easy to limit the damage it was doing. Took out all he had but those 3 and Draigo by the end, he won on VP's. Good but hard game.

Game 2: Table 22 Vs. Bernard Lee (Centurion Star) 0-20 Loss
Mission 2
Objective #1: Eternal War: Crusade 4 objectives (3pts each)
Objective #2: Maelstrom of War: Cleanse and Control
Deployment: Vanguard Strikes

Bernard had a very similar list to James but he was the Scotland 40K captain and did not hesitate to massacre me by turn 5. Very hard and frustrating game despite him being a top bloke and giving me loads of advice. It was about as one-sided as it gets.

Game 3: Table 35 Vs. JP Stevens (Harlequins) 0-20 Loss
Mission 3
Objective #1: Eternal War: Emperor’s Will (4 VPs each)
Objective #2: Maelstrom of War: Contact lost (players only generate 1 maelstrom turn 1 no matter how objectives)

I wasn't really sure what to expect going up against Harlequins to be honest. Suffice it to say I learnt one very valuable lesson. Never NEVER EVER charge a unit of Harlequins no matter what the odds are, always shoot and run away. Haha. They are lethal in combat but made of paper when shot at. This was a close game until turn 3 or 4 when he started getting into combat at which point most of my army died very quickly. Hard game but lots of fun.

Game 4: Table 39 Vs. Paulie Wallis (Dark Eldar) 9-11 Loss
Mission 4
Objective #1: Eternal War: The Relic (6 VPs; 6 maelstrom objectives + 1 Relic token)
Objective #2: Maelstrom of War: Spoils of War (Relic is separate objective in this game)

This game was probably my favourite of the weekend, really great guy, very balanced, fluffy army. Very even fight between us. I always enjoy Eldar vs. Dark Eldar battles and our lists were well matched. Both quite competitive 6th edition lists, doing their best in 7th. It was nice to seize the initiative at the start for a change. This made my game much easier as I took out quite a lot of his army on turn 1.

Game 5: Table 37 Vs. Rhys Knight (Converted Ratling Space Marines) 20-0 Win
Mission 5
Objective 1: Eternal War: The Scouring (Each player places 3 markers, a 1pt, 2pt and 3pt in secret)
Objective 2: Maelstrom of War: Deadlock
Deployment: Vanguard Strike

This game was fun against a great looking army but felt very one-sided. His army was very small giving away only 10 Kill points total. I was easily able to outmanoeuvre and out-range him for most of the game picking off his army unit by unit for only a couple of losses my side. Tabled him on turn 6 having lost a Falcon, a Wave Serpent and a unit of Banshees that had strayed too close. That said any of my vehicles that strayed within 30" got immobilised by grav cannons haha.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
I'll take second necron Smile
(20-07-2015, 07:03 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: I'll take second necron Smile

Nice one mate!!

I think it says a lot when I finish 15th and am 6th best Eldar/Eldar DE player... (3rd in the Fall though)

Tims asking for feedback: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10BJiUek...s/viewform