Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Eldar?
Looks nasty. The nerd to serpent shield makes them a but more balanced but the codex as a whole seems to have taken another boost! Be very interesting to see what the top players use! Feel like my necrons have already taken a step back!
Quote: Dire Avengers: Overwatch at BS2 OR get counter attack and stubborn
Exarch: 4++

Howling banshees: +3" when running or assaulting. Ignore I penalties when assaulting through difficult terrain. Fear. No Overwatch allowed when Banshees assault
Exarch: Units in CC with the Banshees have -2L

Striking Scorpions: Stealth. Shrouded until the fire or assault.
Exarch: During a challenge compare I values. Exarch gets +1A for each point his I is better tan his oponent.

Fire Dragons: +1 on the vehicle damage chart.
Exarch: Once per turn, may reroll one to hit, to wound or to penetrare roll

Swooping Haws: If the move over a flier, every modl gets one special attack that hits on 4+, S4, AP4, Haywire. They move 18"
Exarch: His unit does not scatter if DS

Warp Spiders: They may jump during the opponent's shooting phase. If after the jum, the spiders are out of LoS or reach, firing unit cannot choose another target.
Exarch: His unit reroll all LD tests

Shining Spears: 4+ cover sabe
Exarch: Reroll to wound vs MC and rerolls to penétrate

Dark Reapers: Reroll to hit if target is: Flier, has turboboosted previous turn or moved flat out
Exarch: His weapon fires one more shot tan normally. For example: Heavy 2 becomes Heavy 3

Vypers: 40 points/model. Squad size: 1-6
Walkers: 60 points/model: Squad size: 1-3

Upgrades are:
Ignore Stunnig and Shaken with 4+ and 2+ (10 points)
Move through cover (10 points)
When moving flat out: 24" (15 points)
Once per game after moving flat out, may fire a single weapon at full BS (25 points)
Holofields: 5++ (15 points) flyers can't take

Battle runes are basically same:

Primaris: Shrouded / removes Stealth and Shrouded
1: Heavy Flamer / A model recovers a W
2: Fearless / -3 to Ld to target
3: +1 to WS and I / -1 to WS and I
4: +1 to armour sabe / -1 to armour sabe
5: Unit runs +3" / Target cannot run
6: +1S / -1S

Warlord traits.
1: 12" bubble. Once per game reroll 1's to wound
2: 1D3 units get Scout special rule
3: Warlord and his unit run +3"
4: Warlord rerolls all 1's when saving
5: Warlord has divide fire special rule
6: Friendly units do not scatter if DS at 12" from Warlord.

Also Iuchiban's thoughts after using the 'dex:
Quote: Just finished my first game vs Necrons. I took a normal CAD + wraith host detachment. Opponent run a Decurion detachment.

Here are my first impressions:

- Wraithknight is absurdly good. I run the Sun cannon + Shield one. Fire the Sun Cannon at some Inmortals, fire the scatter laser were I want to assault. 3+/5++/FnP in a T8 W6 model? Really this guy is unstoppable.

- Fire Dragons are redundant. D-scythes destroy vehicles much better. 5 auto hits that on a 3+ cause one penetrating hit with D3 hull points. No cover. And if there is a unit of Necrons Warriors inside the barge ..... This unit is simply OBSCENE. If they are in the detachment they have Battle Trance ... run + shoot the D-scythe. No more to say

- Warpspiders are much better now. They destroy one C'tan Shard in a single volley. They wound on 2+ to almost everything in the game. They are Little bit worse vs vehicles now ....

- Farseers are really good now. Rerolling one psychic test per turn is very powerful when you need to harness 4 Warp Charges for that Apocaliptic blast power.

- Guardians as usual. Cheap troops
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I love all you guys and dont want to be the guy who moans and complains but ***** son.... This is some next level boosting. Have to see how it plays but damn.
Shipmonkey;7428274 Wrote:If you see some one using Eldar models at your local store, toss the models to the ground and smash them powder and spit in the WAAC player's face. They deserve it. If some one talks about their love of the army they have been playing for years, punch them, in the nose, for being lousy human beings and ask them how they can look in the mirror everyday and not commit suicide. If you know of any Eldar players, burn their homes to the ground to get rid of the models. If the local store is selling Eldar model and codexes, call the police and tell them the owner is selling drugs out of the store. That will stop them. It's the only way to be sure.

/sarcasm off

hahahaha! I think this sums up the hate of Eldar at present.. I don't recall this much hate before a codex has even been released..

(20-04-2015, 07:39 AM)Embolden Wrote:
Shipmonkey;7428274 Wrote:If you see some one using Eldar models at your local store, toss the models to the ground and smash them powder and spit in the WAAC player's face. They deserve it. If some one talks about their love of the army they have been playing for years, punch them, in the nose, for being lousy human beings and ask them how they can look in the mirror everyday and not commit suicide. If you know of any Eldar players, burn their homes to the ground to get rid of the models. If the local store is selling Eldar model and codexes, call the police and tell them the owner is selling drugs out of the store. That will stop them. It's the only way to be sure.

/sarcasm off

hahahaha! I think this sums up the hate of Eldar at present.. I don't recall this much hate before a codex has even been released..

Ha! if all the leaked stuff is true though it does look horrendous.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(20-04-2015, 07:52 AM)Simian Wrote: Ha! if all the leaked stuff is true though it does look horrendous.

The 'rumours' have come from photographs and people with reputations to up hold in the rumour community.

To me, the stuff thats come out so far does seem very strong! But without the codex in hand its hard to tell how it will all fit together. Yep 30 Windriders with Scatter Lasers is very point and click.. but also very one directional..

I'm looking forward to some of the more balanced builds.. thats what I'm aiming for.

I am trying to decide if the lists I am thinking about for Caledonian are going to be able to stand up to 120 S6 BS4 shots a turn plus a wraith knight or two....

Thinking maybe reserve shenanigans are maybe the way to go with dark Eldar and with poison the wraith knights should go down. If someone takes 30sc.laser jet bikes you need to be able to put some serious firepower back into them on the first turn or you are in trouble.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Just remember that the WK is a Gargantuan Creature now, so poison is only wounding on a 6+...
40K - Tyranids (4500 Points) & Chaos - The Purge and the Brazen Host (8500 Points)
30K - Death Guard (2000ish Points), Sons of Horus (175 Points because Loken) + World Eaters, soon.
Project Log
"Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabid dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness."
Remember that the WK is immune to poison (and sniper) now Chris, 6's to wound as a gargantuan creature.

I expect a lot of Scatriders in eldar tournament lists as they all round best troop choice in the game (in my opinion obviously lol) and a steal at 27 PPM.

Wraithguard with scythes with a Archon with webway for deepstrike (or in a wave serpent if going pure eldar)is another one i expect to see, they murder vehicles or troops. 5 templates for 3+ to strip D3 hull points.

The new codex is scary! lol Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(20-04-2015, 02:54 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: I am trying to decide if the lists I am thinking about for Caledonian are going to be able to stand up to 120 S6 BS4 shots a turn plus a wraith knight or two....

Thinking maybe reserve shenanigans are maybe the way to go with dark Eldar and with poison the wraith knights should go down. If someone takes 30sc.laser jet bikes you need to be able to put some serious firepower back into them on the first turn or you are in trouble.

yeah as others have said.. poison isn't going to work against Wraithknights.. if would advise Dark Lances, str8 ap2.. okay so you're hitting on 3's wounding on 4's.. depending on loadout you could be facing a 5++ or cover save and then FnP.. its a scary thought to face.. which is why I'm using two if I can.. but one will do enough damage... until it gets D'd by another Wraithknight LMAO!!

Against jetbikes you're going to need something will hell of an Alpha strike or something that can hit them from range.. or force them to jink.

I would be tempted to drop the Venoms to take out the Jetbikes.. leaving the Wraithknights to there own devices.. they won't kill a great deal if you spread out and use reserves.. maybe take out a unit or two per turn while you kill the rest of his army.. ensuring it will be a bloody and brutal game but it at least gives you a chance on the objectives.

This Eldar dex does look very strong, but everyone will be gearing to beat it... or be Eldar themselves LMAO

The new meta is Eldar designed to kill other Eldar.. Tongue