Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Eldar?
(16-04-2015, 01:06 PM)Agent0range Wrote: Is the intention that this replaces the current Eldar codex or is an option instead?

i was wondering that too
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
It replaces Codex Eldar.

Betting time. Join the debate, how much do people reckon the Wraith knight will be now?

I reckon double now less a bit, so 450. Anyone else willing to guess?

Its 240pts now and has gained Strength D on its cannons and is a Gargantuan creature (so immune to ID, can fire all weapons at separate targets and has stomp attacks and the following special rules - Fear, Fearless, Feel No Pain, Hammer of Wrath, Move Through Cover, Relentless, Smash, Strikedown,).

Just as a bit of new release fun. Smile
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Lmao Vince, I'm biting like a tramp on chips!

Okay.. I'm going no more than 300pts no upgrades.. Smile

so the eldar codex has been out just over a year and its being replaced already?

brilliant.

the points cost depends on how many they sold last time and how many they want to sell this time....too cynical?
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Will it be a Lord of War?

400pts min, 500pts max, I'm going for 425pts...!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Not sure if a LoW, at min I'd guess not as in decurion can take up to 12.
Blood bowl Skaven
Yeah I'm saying no to LoW as well... just Gargantuan creature with Str D Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Cannot wait till next weekend Smile

(16-04-2015, 03:50 PM)Simian Wrote: so the eldar codex has been out just over a year and its being replaced already?

brilliant.

the points cost depends on how many they sold last time and how many they want to sell this time....too cynical?

Not cynical, I think you are absolutely correct. This is probably GW's strategy now, a more agile release of rules/dataslates to push sale areas. Not quite sure why Eldar are done so soon, as I would have expected Eldar sales to still be strong. I wouldn't have thought they needed a sales injection.
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
i think they just want to update everything to 7th, mainly the ones that sold well. Hence Eldar now, with Tau and Marines in pipeline.

Also 6th edition Eldar codex came out June 13, so just under 2 years old. Tongue

O . /l
[]--/ l
l l . . l
Blood bowl Skaven
(16-04-2015, 05:35 PM)manrogue Wrote: Also 6th edition Eldar codex came out June 13, so just under 2 years old. Tongue

Just before Tau right?