Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vengeance Weapon Battery
RULES IN QUESTION
* At the start of the game, all fortifications that are buildings that were bought as part of a play er’s army are ‘claimed’ by the owning play er, whilst all dilapidated buildings are ‘unclaimed’.
* Scoring Units - Claimed buildings count as a scoring unit from the claiming player's army.

Does this mean that a Vengeance Weapon Battery can hold an objective?
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
sounds like it from what you've written
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
It certainly appears that way!
40K - Tyranids (4500 Points) & Chaos - The Purge and the Brazen Host (8500 Points)
30K - Death Guard (2000ish Points), Sons of Horus (175 Points because Loken) + World Eaters, soon.
Project Log
"Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabid dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness."
(09-03-2015, 10:34 AM)wako13 Wrote: RULES IN QUESTION
* At the start of the game, all fortifications that are buildings that were bought as part of a play er’s army are ‘claimed’ by the owning play er, whilst all dilapidated buildings are ‘unclaimed’.
* Scoring Units - Claimed buildings count as a scoring unit from the claiming player's army.

Only if you're manning it. otherwise no. As it has to be claimed (ie a unit has to be in it)

Otherwise its like an empty Bastion/Aegis Defence line scoring an objective Smile

(09-03-2015, 01:36 PM)Embolden Wrote:
(09-03-2015, 10:34 AM)wako13 Wrote: RULES IN QUESTION

Only if you're manning it. otherwise no. As it has to be claimed (ie a unit has to be in it)

Otherwise its like an empty Bastion/Aegis Defence line scoring an objective Smile

But the building is CLAIMED when it is deployed, as it is going to be part of my Army.

At the start of the game, all fortifications that are buildings that were bought as part of a player’s army are ‘claimed’ by the owning player, whilst all dilapidated buildings are ‘unclaimed’.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
DropZone Resistance
(09-03-2015, 01:36 PM)Embolden Wrote: Only if you're manning it. otherwise no. As it has to be claimed (ie a unit has to be in it)

From the rulebook

* an claimed building is a unit in the controlling players army and will remain so, even if it later becomes unoccupied, until destroyed or claimed by an enemy

So doesn't have to have a unit it to score. :/ Don't think an aegis defence line is a building so can't hold objectives but a bastion could... which is a bit annoying. Although if it's empty an enemy unit can claim it for themselves quite easily.
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

I agree with Will, as long as it is a building and it is claimed by a player then it can hold an objective.

The 'FUN' bit about the Vengeance Battery is that it is unmanned and cannot be claimed by the opponent.

Looks like this may fill the Anti-Air hole that my Sisters/Knights list has at the moment.

150 points = 2 Vengeance Weapon Batteries with Quad Icarus Lascannon.

Range 96", S 9, AP 2, Heavy 2, Interceptor, Skyfire, Twin-Linked

The only down side is that the unit is Autofiring at the nearest unit, unless the Interceptor rule is used, then it fires at the nearest arriving reserve unit.

EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
DropZone Resistance
So is the vengeance battery a building and if so what is its armour value?
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
You need to check stronghold assault, not the rulebook. Its basically the codex for fortifications remember. Codex> Rulebook.

from my quick glance-

Quote:Victory Conditions
Unless you and your opponent decide otherwise, do not include fortifications for the purposes of awarding
Victory Points or determining when an opposing side is ‘wiped out’.

See above, if you can't use to claim victory points, you can't hold objective as it scores you a victory point?

Or you can hold an objective, you'd get no victory points anyway as they are ignored for victory points?

Edit - ignore, just checked FAQ and tells you to ignore that page lol

(09-03-2015, 02:41 PM)wako13 Wrote: I agree with Will, as long as it is a building and it is claimed by a player then it can hold an objective.

The 'FUN' bit about the Vengeance Battery is that it is unmanned and cannot be claimed by the opponent.

Looks like this may fill the Anti-Air hole that my Sisters/Knights list has at the moment.

150 points = 2 Vengeance Weapon Batteries with Quad Icarus Lascannon.

Range 96", S 9, AP 2, Heavy 2, Interceptor, Skyfire, Twin-Linked

The only down side is that the unit is Autofiring at the nearest unit, unless the Interceptor rule is used, then it fires at the nearest arriving reserve unit.
Just remember that sky fire is always on this edition, so if firing at none flying/skimmer unit you hit on 6's due to being a snap shot.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I am happy for a building to act in the same manner as a unit, or not.

Meaning depending on the scenario it can count as a VP if destroyed etc.

But I think this needs to be confirmed as a house rule so that everyone on a Tuesday night has the same understanding on how a building works as a unit.

EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
DropZone Resistance